You're a Stark, you conquer the Twins, now what?

AegonTargaryen

Scary responses. I am picturing a bunch of Tywins and Danys furiously typing and getting out their hate.

Remember Ned's philosophy? Take no pleasure in execution. No sack should occur. Only those directly responsible should be beheaded. Rest should be exiled. The Twins should be rewarded to a loyal bannerman. Absolutely no torture or rapes. Hopefully either Stannis or Stoneheart or Jon judge the Freys. Anyone else would make a mockery of justice.

Really? I'd say in the cruel world of Planetos Ned's philosophy has been all but discredited. I would favour some Stark Realpolitik.

Mind you this response is placed in the medieval world of Westeros, not the liberal democratic world we live in today. Public beheading for all those involved is perfectly acceptable. And I think extinguishing the house is perfectly acceptable as well.

But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear

That's the general idea, though I'd probably make a new lord of the crossing. I like the Blackfish idea, or someone else I consider 'family'.

Robb did not keep his promise so I will temper my judgments.

Olyver and Perwyn I give them the option of a new surname and squire for another house they are youths after all not much more they could have did except what protest they let be known.

I don't feel as sure of Rosalind so I don't feel as Edmure needs to keep her but I leave that to him.

Fat Walda can live ( but I pray to the gods for a miscarriage ) no heir for the Boltons.

Lord Walder gets to see his house head to extinction, I feel like some above that the majority of house Frey will pass due to winter and all the side products of it and the battle of Winterfell hope they meet grisly ends.

The younger girls and the women who had no knowledge of the RW plans will survive but they loose their lands and personal property, innocent males ( not sure how many ) option to take the black if the NW survives or try their hands at farm labor.

Lord Walder meets Nymeria or Lady Stone Heart.

The Twins are still important ( well the crossing anyway ) if they ( Starks ) survive I like to see the castles utterly destroyed and a new one rebuilt in a different location and given to either Sansa or Arya with the mate of their choosing ( not that Arya would marry), if they don't want it then a loyal house of the Starks should be promoted to it.

Lastly the word Frey would officially be in dictionaries of Westerous to mean slime, dirt bag, scum of the earth etc.

I'm guessing the old gods will somehow 'punish' the Freys like how the Rat Cook was punished. So, Starks would take over the Twins, behead the lords of the family, take some hostages and plant a loyal Frey to rule the Twins as a vassal of the King in the North: I'm guesing Olyvar Frey.

Leave the rest to the old gods.

I conquer the Twins? Am I stupid?!

Twins belong to my wife/mother family, also none of the Lords in the 7K would accept such an invasion and the King himself would soon enough lead his entire army against me. And I may resist for a long time indeed, but not for ever.

No, please just specify what are the favourable conditions under which I am supposed to conquer the Twins and, more importantly, why it is reasonable to do so.. the 7k ceased to exist, perhaps?

Archived