whats GRRM reading today?

Abyssalix

Frankly I don't think there's enough material there for two seasons. So much of the fourth book at least is just exposition. I sincerely think that if they cut the fat and start the material in the last part of season 4, they can wrap up both books in season 5.

However it's done, seven or eight seasons is probably the max, and eight's pushing it.

I agree some characters like Dany's plot can even fill just half a season, cause all she does in meereen is sit and talk etc.

If even hardcore fans who've read the books complain about not much happening in those books, imagine the reaction of tv viewers

You know, I have wondered if they are going to push Sansa's ASOS story about the Vale to the timeframe of AFFC and her AFFC story to the following season. I think it all depends when the Purple Wedding falls in the season.

You know, I have wondered if they are going to push Sansa's ASOS story about the Vale to the timeframe of AFFC and her AFFC story to the following season. I think it all depends when the Purple Wedding falls in the season.

I read somewhere that GRRM is writing the second episode, so it might be very early and then be about Tyrion's trial.

I agree some characters like Dany's plot can even fill just half a season, cause all she does in meereen is sit and talk etc.

Yep. She sits and talks and Tyrion ends up on the ship, Brienne walks, Cersei screws up, Jon bickers with Stannis. Just about all of it can be compressed somewhat. There's a lot of fluff there, especially in Feast.

D&E postponned until GRRMarillion is done :cool4:

Until the GRRMarillion is done or until WoW is done? Conflicting info! :P

Yep. She sits and talks and Tyrion ends up on the ship, Brienne walks, Cersei screws up, Jon bickers with Stannis. Just about all of it can be compressed somewhat. There's a lot of fluff there, especially in Feast.

True, D&D said season 5 gives them nightmares, and understandably so.

I read somewhere that GRRM is writing the second episode, so it might be very early and then be about Tyrion's trial.

I would deeply hate that. Seriously, the trial doesn't need to be more than an episode, with the trial by battle in a following ep. Then Tyrion can kill Dad in the following one. Three episodes, that is all it needs.

I would deeply hate that. Seriously, the trial doesn't need to be more than an episode, with the trial by battle in a following ep. Then Tyrion can kill Dad in the following one. Three episodes, that is all it needs.

But D&D love Tyrion so much *roll eyes* (I love Peter Dinklage but he's been in every episode so far)

Archived