whats GRRM reading today?

Abyssalix

The fact that GRRM keeps saying he has about 25% (or 400 pages) done gives me this idea that he actually has more done but is just keeping expectations in check. Because, honestly, he's been on that 25%/400 page number for months now.

Yeah I agree, I think he has more done than he's letting on. And yeah the 25% number is from like last spring, I think. It's at least 3-4 months old and maybe even older.

IIRC (and if it was real and not just a rumor), Liam Cunningham let slip in an interview that GRRM told him that he was about halfway done, and that was about 6 months ago, but I don't have a link or anything

That conversation happened around the premiere event for season 3 so it has been just over 5 months.

I wouldn't start looking for WoW updates until at least late of 2015/2016, but even then nothing is certain. Another Meereenese knot and we're looking at 2020 and beyond.

Ah my son, spoken like someone who hasn't been on this ride for as long as you have. You optimistically left out the opposite (more depressing) possibility in the above scenario...

You are so depressing :frown5: Let's hope he has finished and is just trollin' a little bit.

Ah my son, spoken like someone who hasn't been on this ride for as long as you have. You optimistically left out the opposite (more depressing) possibility in the above scenario...

I haven't been on this ride that long, my friend. I came to the series through the show, and only started reading the books after season 2.

I was still reading the books for the first time when I read that 400 page number and I've been through with all 5 books for almost a year now.

Exactly.

IIRC (and if it was real and not just a rumor), Liam Cunningham let slip in an interview that GRRM told him that he was about halfway done, and that was about 6 months ago, but I don't have a link or anything

That would be amazing. If GRRM thinks he has any chance of finishing the series before the show, he had better be farther along that 25%. That's just being realistic. After all, it's not like once he finishes TWoW he's going to go right into ADoS. He has to do tours and whatnot. And I'm sure he wouldn't mind enjoying life a little in between too.

Isn't the first Sansa chapter the one he pulled from ADWD because it started a whole new story for her or something? If so, he probably won't give that one away in a reading.

Yes, that's the chapter where I think Sansa poisons LF's wine, so I can understand why he didn't include it.

Archived