Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

I was sold on the first version of this thread.

Just pin this already!

PS - the silver bullet for this thread would be anything that could prove GRRMs interest in code. Aside from ASOIAF and (ahem) a pirated copy of The Stone City, I don't know much else about his writing. Did he write any stories regarding code? If not, are there at least any interviews of him talking about an interest in code?

Very interesting though a little far-fetched. I'll be more aware as I go forward with my current re-read. But at least we now have a possible additional reason GRRM is taking so long writing the books ;-} .

Yeah it does seem a little far fetched, until you realize the code is always right. It is an embedded cipher, he is not the first person to do it, but it I have never seen anyone do it to this extent. I mean what he has done is pure brilliance. You can read through 40-50 examples of the code that are already posted, or if you find a code and you have a question I am more than happy to answer them.

I was sold on the first version of this thread.

Just pin this already!

PS - the silver bullet for this thread would be anything that could prove GRRMs interest in code. Aside from ASOIAF and (ahem) a pirated copy of The Stone City, I don't know much else about his writing. Did he write any stories regarding code? If not, are there at least any interviews of him talking about an interest in code?

No clue but a buddy of mine mentioned reverrse morse code so I am looking into it, and thanks for reading and posting.

I think its when Cersei is telling Ned the story after he confronts her.

Ok this is a great find. But once again Martin is sort of trolling sort of. His code is always right. Watch.

Cersei is talking to Qyburn and while the code is spoke it is not in quotation marks. While the quotation marks are on the passage, they are not on the code. The code will always be bracketed by the quotation marks. Also note a lack of !!! Jaime is a huge death, this seems to just hint at that Qyburn and death are associated. This may be foreshadowing a code yet to be revealed. Or found.

I really want to find Roberts kill code. The Mountain probably has an odd one and Red Vipers code.. Still lots to find.

I appreciate your effort into this, but I can't deny this crackpot theory is hilarious.

Pretty everyone is in danger of death in the current world setting and men die like flies during war.. .. lowercase/uppercase are mandatory by syntactic rules, yet you claim that GRRM may have planned a specific syntax (!,. or other) to let people know when a character is supposed to die in the future.

What should the next level of analysis be? Looking at each 1000th word within the book and search for a pattern?

What is GRRM? A deus-ex-machina that never changes his opinion on how the story should go along the route?

Is he really carefully calculating each and every word without resorting on creativity and random descriptions for situations for any nitty gritty detail?

I have yet to meet in RL a person able to manage this level of detail, usually human mind works in a very different manner..

..so for me it is a NO. But nice try.

But it does make sense to me if, as has been speculated, Mormont's raven is actually Bloodraven. He would know a thing or two about what is going on, past, present and maybe future.

But it does make sense to me if, as has been speculated, Mormont's raven is actually Bloodraven. He would know a thing or two about what is going on, past, present and maybe future.

It's not Bloodraven, it is Martin, not that Bloodraven isn't using the Raven sometimes, the code exists without the Raven all over the books.

If you get a chance please check out the revisions.

Ok so I need a little help. There is one part of the code I have not locked down and that is Italics. The code exists with Italics on occasion. I have an idea of what they mean but I am still looking, if anyone finds any of the codes with Italics can you please post them with the book and chapter.

It is the final key of the code and I think it is very important, I would appreciate any help.

Ok so I need a little help. There is one part of the code I have not locked down and that is Italics. The code exists with Italics on occasion. I have an idea of what they mean but I am still looking, if anyone finds any of the codes with Italics can you please post them with the book and chapter.

It is the final key of the code and I think it is very important, I would appreciate any help.

Storm

“Mhysa!” a brown-skinned man shouted out at her. He had a child on his shoulder, a little girl, and she screamed the same word in her thin voice. “Mhysa! Mhysa!” Dany looked at Missandei. “What are they shouting?”

“It is Ghiscari, the old pure tongue. It means ‘Mother.’”

Dany felt a lightness in her chest. I will never bear a living child, she remembered. Her hand trembled as she raised it. Perhaps she smiled. She must have, because the man grinned and shouted again, and others took up the cry. “Mhysa!” they called. “Mhysa! MHYSA!” They were all smiling at her, reaching for her, kneeling before her. “Maela,” some called her, while others cried “Aelalla” or “Qathei” or “Tato,” but whatever the tongue it all meant the same thing. Mother. They are calling me Mother. (Storm, p. 487)

Dance, this one doesn't have italics but it's related t the whole mother thing with Dany. It's also a bit different than the other codes so I don't know if this is an actual one. Although some of those dead people may very well have been some of the ones that were crying out Mhysa! back in Storm...

Little children with swollen stomachs trailed after them, too weak or scared to beg. Gaunt men with sunken eyes squatted amidst sand and stones, shitting out their lives in stinking streams of brown and red. Many shat where they slept now, too feeble to crawl to the ditches she’d commanded them to dig. Two women fought over a charred bone. Nearby a boy of ten stood eating a rat. He ate one-handed, the other clutching a sharpened stick lest anyone try to wrest away his prize. Unburied dead lay everywhere. Dany saw one man sprawled in the dirt under a black cloak, but as she rode past his cloak dissolved into a thousand flies. Skeletal women sat upon the ground clutching dying infants. Their eyes followed her. Those who had the strength called out. “Mother … please, Mother … bless you, Mother …” (Dance, pp. 474-475)

I'll post more when if come across any

edit: fixed some italics

Storm

Dance, this one doesn't have italics but it's related t the whole mother thing with Dany. It's also a bit different than the other codes so I don't know if this is an actual one. Although some of those dead people may very well have been some of the ones that were crying out Mhysa! back in Storm...

Wow thanks, you may not have to if what I now suspect is true. I think that may be the last key to the puzzle I needed. I am going to go look at it, the clue may be in what comes before it in Italics. And the punctuation if in Italics will also be changed.

Storm

The first one from swords has some interesting text but it's not a code, it is broken up by two periods and a comma. It's close but it goes in the broken code department. The second one is interesting, but with the all caps, that breaks the kill code. Although it is in the pattern so you just found a special code.

Ok just have to add that one to the to do list. All caps and Italics.

Take note of the little girl on the mans shoulders. How much do you want to bet that guy is the one who brought the bones in? Italics seem to be tied to other Italics in the passages somehow.

First of all - Ser Creighton, I salute you. :cheers: This is an absolutely fascinating thread! I've always felt that something was up with Mormont's raven, but I haven't really thought too deeply about what that "something" might be.

Anyway. I don't know if you want/need more italics, but I just stumbled across this. It's from Clash, Dany IV:

Ten thousand slaves lifted bloodstained hands as she raced by on her silver, riding like the wind. "Mother!" they cried, "mother, mother!"

Of course, this is the HotU version of the scene from Storm nenya~ posted above. I don't know what that means for the code; that's your speciality. ;)

Those are perfect. Yes that is a pattern code, thank you for reminding me about the punctuation. The first use of snow is not part of the patttern it is singular and broken away from the code. It's meaning I don't know, basically it's to far out of the pattern. It has a coma, a period another coma and another period. Now in Thrones Martin had bit of an odd pattern for certain future events, we see this in Neds pattern. It's a 4 code of sorts.

"Snow," (this sets the pattern the word is Snow) it said again, (discriptive pattern break this is the future) Snow, snow, snow." the least dangerous of the patterns. Basically this is like saying things can get dangerous. The subject is Jon as he is named. So things can get dangerous Jon. "Kettle? Kettle? Kettle? The kettle is the subject, no question and Jon is being voted on. When the question marks apear this is uncertanity about a subject. In this case the kettle. This patter also appears in Dance when Jon gets the pink sealed letter. The letter was the subject. The kettle is what the vote takes place in. There is no death code here. How it reads is basically this could be dangerous for Jon, does he have the votes. The Danger clearly comes from who he is running against. Slynt.

Does the Raven ever clue us in that Janos Slynt is going to die? (Ed, fetch me a block!)

Ok looking at ASoS ch. 42: Dany gets three almost death codes. Check out the last words of the passage, that's now 4 characters we have seen with these. It's almost a death code, and those always indicate almost death. Shireen's was in the past I think I have to se it again, Jon's was in the present when he was fighting a White Walker, My's was as the future (Darkstar) and Dany's is an almost Death code in the future except she has 3 of them. We have seen two of these so far, the poison and in the Dothraki sea. Unless I am forgetting one.

The code is once again telling you what will happen, more examples of these would be great. I know Patchface throws them out but he is always with Shireen. Though I would not be surprised if he hit Davos with one who almost died on the Blackwater.

"Mother," they sang, their fingers brushing her legs as she flew by. "Mother, Mother, Mother!"

Does the Raven ever clue us in that Janos Slynt is going to die? (Ed, fetch me a block!)

I have not looked at Slynt yet but it does not have to be the raven. Also the Code continues to be refined as I discover more about it. It has become far more precise since I started this thread. I get a lot of requests for me to read a code via PM and I just really backed up. I will look at him.

Ok looking at ASoS ch. 42: Dany gets three almost death codes. Check out the last words of the passage, that's now 4 characters we have seen with these. It's almost a death code, and those always indicate almost death. Shireen's was in the past I think I have to se it again, Jon's was in the present when he was fighting a White Walker, My's was as the future (Darkstar) and Dany's is an almost Death code in the future except she has 3 of them. We have seen two of these so far, the poison and in the Dothraki sea. Unless I am forgetting one.

The code is once again telling you what will happen, more examples of these would be great. I know Patchface throws them out but he is always with Shireen. Though I would not be surprised if he hit Davos with one who almost died on the Blackwater.

"Mother," they sang, their fingers brushing her legs as she flew by. "Mother, Mother, Mother!"

What about the last chapter in ADwD, when she escapes with Drogon. Don't have my books now so don't remember the exact quote. But it goes like "fly,fly,fly"

First of all - Ser Creighton, I salute you. :cheers: This is an absolutely fascinating thread! I've always felt that something was up with Mormont's raven, but I haven't really thought too deeply about what that "something" might be.

Anyway. I don't know if you want/need more italics, but I just stumbled across this. It's from Clash, Dany IV:

Of course, this is the HotU version of the scene from Storm nenya~ posted above. I don't know what that means for the code; that's your speciality. ;)

Well first off it's not a kill code, it indicates Danger and the future. The punctuation is broken, but in the lesser codes that is normal. I will have tool at the full passage. And yes I am looking for any Italics in the code Mostly in the death code but I will take anything to try and get a better understanding of them.

I found another one from Mormont's raven.

“If your queen's knights want those girls o' his, they're welcome to them.”

“Girls,” squawked Mormont's raven. “Girls, girls.”

That set Tormund to laughing all over again. “Now there's a bird with sense. How much do you

want for him, Snow? I gave you a son, the least you could do is give me the bloody bird.”

edit: ADWD chapter 69

Archived