Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

too long; didn't read. It's sort of like an informal abstract. A short, concise summary of the main points. A place where we can quickly read to get the gist of a very long thread.

Ok I am going to write one up with is just the the key and the cypher and the cypher without much text. Is it ok if I run it buy you when i finish it?

Ok I am going to write one up with is just the the key and the cypher and the cypher without much text. Is it ok if I run it buy you when i finish it?

Yup, sure thing.

I've been really bored with ASOIAF lately. It's nice to have something that reinvigorates interest!

For your death code, how soon does the death have to take place?

Regarding one of the patterns you touched upon in your OP: Chapter 21 of AGOT:

In the banquet hall, right after Tyrion mocks Thorne, and Thorne challenged him, Tyrion takes out his crab fork and "challenges" Thorne to a duel. The Raven then chimes in:

"Duel! Duel! Duel!"

This should be a death code, death imminent or coming soon.

As far as I can tell the only person in the banquet hall that we know dies in the first book, is Jaremy Rykker. It's a good bit further on when the Wights attack. Rykker is engaged in a duel of sorts with the Wight, Rykker cuts off the Wight's head, then the Wight unsheathes his dagger and fatally stabs Rykker in the bowels. (note that the second participant in the mock duel Thorne is said he left the banquet hall as if he had a dagger up his but).

So here, I wouldn't call the death immediate or even imminent, but it certainly does occur in the manner described by the Raven.

I do not know how to do spoilers so I am being very careful about what I am posting.

For those of you who have the Theon gift chapter. One very funny place where Martin seems to be trolling the reader a bit. As if he knows that a few of his readers might have caught onto his code and so he teases the reader with an almost code..which really made me chuckle.

There are definite codes in that gift chapter that are right on the money though.

That is an amazing Arya pick up, she is refusing three. I didn't even think about it, just a great pick up. And what your doing is exactly why I posted this. How many kills has Arya made as a Faceless assassin, 2 right? If you don't want to do a full reread just try reading a character Arya, Jon, Dany. Look for the code look for your own patterns, if you find anymore let me know. And yes Sandor uses the kill code there, it's a little different but Martin does that on occasion those are the best codes. They tell you more about what they are doing. I am gonna go look at it. Thank you for posting that. Really Arya refusing 3 is just a great find. I ties to Martins use of three, it shows she has not gone all the way over.

I think technically only 1...

She killed Dareon while she was an apprentice, but she specifically told the kindly old man that it was Arya Stark that killed him right?

While she clearly killed the boat insurance guy as a faceless man.

I only realized that Arya was refusing 3 in the first place because when you talked about patterns it made me think about the Tickler repeating his questions over and over... and remember Arya repeating the questions back at him and I wanted to look for a pattern in the chapter where she killed him, but found nothing.

I'm definitely going to doing a reread... I just got a new job today (seriously have been on cloud nine for the last hour- xD)

I always get to work really early and have tons of time to read... I'm going to marking the heck out of my Kindle looking for anything to do with the number 3 0_____o

Ok need a bit of help interpreting. This is right before Asha gets captured.

Her last foe was a northman with an axe, a big man bald and bearded, clad in a byrnie of patched and rusted mail that could only mean he was a chief or champion. He was not pleased to find himself fighting a woman. “Cunt!” he roared each time he struck at her, his spittle dampening her cheeks. “Cunt! Cunt!” (Dance, The Wayward Bride, p. 349)

So from what I understand this means Asha will kill somebody (italics) which is a major event (!) sometime in the future (text break), but I'm not really sure who that could be?

twow

Earlier you stated that based on the spoiler chapter Theon will be involved in a death, so I wonder if this could be related to that. Maybe they try to sacrifice Theon at the heart tree, but they somehow escape and kill someone? Just speculating here. Tree isn't capilized all 3 times so maybe it hasn't been decided whether to do the sacrifice to the Red God or Old Gods. Asha does suggest to Stannis to sacrifice Theon at the heart tree instead of burning him. Would help if I knew the correct interpretation of the above quote :P

Ok need a bit of help interpreting. This is right before Asha gets captured.

Her last foe was a northman with an axe, a big man bald and bearded, clad in a byrnie of patched and rusted mail that could only mean he was a chief or champion. He was not pleased to find himself fighting a woman. “Cunt!” he roared each time he struck at her, his spittle dampening her cheeks. “Cunt! Cunt!” (Dance, The Wayward Bride, p. 349)

So from what I understand this means Asha will kill somebody (italics) which is a major event (!) sometime in the future (text break), but I'm not really sure who that could be?

twow

Earlier you stated that based on the spoiler chapter Theon will be involved in a death, so I wonder if this could be related to that. Maybe they try to sacrifice Theon at the heart tree, but they somehow escape and kill someone? Just speculating here. Tree isn't capilized all 3 times so maybe it hasn't been decided whether to do the sacrifice to the Red God or Old Gods. Asha does suggest to Stannis to sacrifice Theon at the heart tree instead of burning him. Would help if I knew the correct interpretation of the above quote :P

Perhaps she's the one to give Theon the gift of death after Stannis threatens to burn him? Doesn't he appear a few seconds after that or am I mistaken? Plus it sounds like the sort of tragic death grrm loves.

Perhaps she's the one to give Theon the gift of death after Stannis threatens to burn him? Doesn't he appear a few seconds after that or am I mistaken? Plus it sounds like the sort of tragic death grrm loves.

But in the gift chapter Theon didn't get the death code. He got a code that shows he may be involved in a death but not his.

For your death code, how soon does the death have to take place?

Regarding one of the patterns you touched upon in your OP: Chapter 21 of AGOT:

In the banquet hall, right after Tyrion mocks Thorne, and Thorne challenged him, Tyrion takes out his crab fork and "challenges" Thorne to a duel. The Raven then chimes in:

"Duel! Duel! Duel!"

This should be a death code, death imminent or coming soon.

As far as I can tell the only person in the banquet hall that we know dies in the first book, is Jaremy Rykker. It's a good bit further on when the Wights attack. Rykker is engaged in a duel of sorts with the Wight, Rykker cuts off the Wight's head, then the Wight unsheathes his dagger and fatally stabs Rykker in the bowels. (note that the second participant in the mock duel Thorne is said he left the banquet hall as if he had a dagger up his but).

So here, I wouldn't call the death immediate or even imminent, but it certainly does occur in the manner described by the Raven.

Well take a better look at the passage. Let me say that in thrones the patterns were not as refined. I generally consider this to be the fact that it was the first book. However if you look up you will see duel? With a question mark. But that is not really what is important, he is not talking about Rykker there. Duel has two meanings, one is a duel, arranged combat between two people. that's not the subject. Duel also means 2. Like two White Walkers. Rykker is not a major death and neither are the other 5 or 6 that died with him. The major even part is that it was the White Walkers. the conversation also turns to talk of the white walkers.

I would count it as an exception and not the rule. Even Martin makes mistakes and it was the first book and the first time he was doing this kind of thing. But major events, multiple deaths and the first time we see the White Walkers really attack the watch on the other side of the wall. It points to one of the biggest moments in the books. Till then there was not much fantasy in the fantasy it was historical fiction. That is the only time that pattern occured like that. Duel is not pointng to Ryyker he is a clue pointing to them. Remember they are dead. And it is to of them so you can interpret it that way as well.

But in the gift chapter Theon didn't get the death code. He got a code that shows he may be involved in a death but not his.

Theon kills Ramsay first? That's what I hope, rather than there being any indication in the text. Seven hells, that would be sweet

In regards to Cersei's letter to Jaime:

She's telling Qyburn to write that letter and it says 'I love you. I love you. I love you." Corn code = they're goners.

Another thing to note is that much is made over the use of 'three.' Qyburn says, "'I love you' thrice?" and Cersei confirms it, "Thrice."

And then, even heavier foreshadowing to the usage of threes is this thought of hers: We will leave this world together, as we once came into it.

Just a nugget from Jaime's last chapter in Feast.

Jaime and Ser Ilyn practice for three hours, but Ilyn would only have killed him twice if the fight had been real. hmm.

She's telling Qyburn to write that letter and it says 'I love you. I love you. I love you." Corn code = they're goners.

Another thing to note is that much is made over the use of 'three.' Qyburn says, "'I love you' thrice?" and Cersei confirms it, "Thrice."

And then, even heavier foreshadowing to the usage of threes is this thought of hers: We will leave this world together, as we once came into it.

Jaime and Ser Ilyn practice for three hours, but Ilyn would only have killed him twice if the fight had been real. hmm.

It's not verbal, the code is always verbal.

I've always believed that Jaimie and Cersie would die together, and that Jamie would be the one to kill her.

I've had that sense since the piece about them coming into the world together with one grasping on to the others foot.

I do not know how to do spoilers so I am being very careful about what I am posting.

For those of you who have the Theon gift chapter. One very funny place where Martin seems to be trolling the reader a bit. As if he knows that a few of his readers might have caught onto his code and so he teases the reader with an almost code..which really made me chuckle.

There are definite codes in that gift chapter that are right on the money though.

Yeah Martin is trolling there a little bit. He likes to do that.

I think technically only 1...

She killed Dareon while she was an apprentice, but she specifically told the kindly old man that it was Arya Stark that killed him right?

While she clearly killed the boat insurance guy as a faceless man.

I only realized that Arya was refusing 3 in the first place because when you talked about patterns it made me think about the Tickler repeating his questions over and over... and remember Arya repeating the questions back at him and I wanted to look for a pattern in the chapter where she killed him, but found nothing.

I'm definitely going to doing a reread... I just got a new job today (seriously have been on cloud nine for the last hour- xD)

I always get to work really early and have tons of time to read... I'm going to marking the heck out of my Kindle looking for anything to do with the number 3 0_____o

Good I am glad you are having fun, that's what this about, plus it's awesome. I have not had much of chance to write or research today. A friend of of mins is sending this to a friend of his who is a journalist. He may review it, I don't know. I guess he said if Jon was dead he was out. That is so not what the Code is about.

I've always believed that Jaimie and Cersie would die together, and that Jamie would be the one to kill her.

I've had that sense since the piece about them coming into the world together with one grasping on to the others foot.

Were the words spoken? If not it's foreshadowing and Martin trolling. The question is, who is he trolling?

Archived