Goodkind 53: We Don't Need No Stinking Magic!

Myshkin

This very well may be the worst book I have ever read, and I read The Omen Machine.

300 pages of dialogue between Richard and a little girl, every once in a while a zombie shows up and Richard hacks him to pieces, then they go back to talking. And they talk about the same 3 things, zombies hate life, Richard loves life, zombies must therefore be destroyed because they hate life and Richard kills everyone who hates life.

My favorite plothole is that the world needs balance, regular magic is balanced by occult magic, except in the past there was Additive magic and Subtractive magic balancing each other now, now some new mystery magic is balancing the previously balanced magics.

Kahlan? Taken captive??? This is the worst and most surprising thing that could ever have happened!

I'm kind of in awe at how lame this book is sounding. The new distinction between "occult magic" and the regular... mundane? kind is particularly special. I hope this is a sign that Tairy is growing to loathe his creations as much as we do and it will all end with a grisly and protracted death for all of them.

Kahlan? Taken captive??? This is the worst and most surprising thing that could ever have happened!

Let's hope Betty the Goat gonna be there to save the day.

Why isn't there ever a shake up where Richard is kidnapped and almost raped...oh wait...

Because Richard is the Most True Objectivist and he don't know what almost is. Almost is for weak, female subjectivists who don't understand that in reality there can be no contradictions. Things are, or they aren't. There are no almost.

An entire league?

It was another hockey stick. Just a plain hockey stick. He must have grabbed it from a player when no one was looking. Plain though it may have been, he knew how to use it. All of a sudden a hockey tournament broke out. Richard was like hockey itself unleashed. He was putting away pucks by the dozens. It was madness. The men thought they were facing a major playoff game. Everyone went onto the offensive without even knowing what they were up against. Things just went crazy in an instant.

Archived