Jane McGrath

HodorForKing

My first guess was FakeArya, but the text says she is a wildling.

I think it's rather sad that people are already saying she isn't beautiful enough to be Val. Also I don't think she is going to be Val, because it seems too early for her to be cast.

Going by the books, now is the time Val should be cast. And it'd be interesting to see Jon tempted by Stannis' offer a bit more before making his final decision to stay with the Watch (for now).

She could be a Crasterling, brought into the Bran story. Without Sam's word on the matter, how would they trust Coldhands, espically if he murders the Craster Crows, unless Bran sees him save someone?

I think it's rather sad that people are already saying she isn't beautiful enough to be Val. Also I don't think she is going to be Val, because it seems too early for her to be cast.

yeah some people have hyped up Val so much in their heads no actress is going to satisfy them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm betting Craster's daughter then. Don't we have like 3 of them already? How many named characters do we actually need there?

I really hope Val isn't cut. It's true she doesn't do tonnes in SOS or ADWD (though she does fetch Tormund, and her presence at the Wall is what spark's off Patrek's death and the assassination. I also expect she'll be merged with Dalla and give birth to Mance's kid.

I think it's also clear though that Val is set to have a much larger role in TWOW and onwards. Because even though she's not doing loads she still has a very large presence on-page I thought. When she's around, she's not treated like a throwaway character. So I'm hoping she will be cast this season as this is really the last viable time for her to be introduced.

Archived