How many of you came up with a "fake" Aegon theory before seeing it here?

Ahai I'm Jon Snow

• 5 weeks later...

When this was said by Illyrio:

“Some contracts are writ in ink, and some in blood. I say no more.”

Since Bittersteel founded the Golden Company, and he wasn't a fan of Targs because he fought with Daemon Blackfyre, that threw up some warning lights.

Not me. I think I was too willingly to believe Rhaegar's son was alive because, well, the reality is brutal. Not that the pisswater prince story is any less brutal, we know for a fact that a baby was smashed against the wall, but this shined a little light on two family's tragic story. (Targaryen and Martell.)

But I've now come to fully believe Griff is fake.

People saying he showed up too late to be a game changer forget that Martin initially intended for Asoiaf to be a trilogy. Now if he had Aegon in mind this whole time, it's a fair assumption that he planned to reveal him sometime in the second book, which IMHO is not really a late game changer.

The moment I realized who he was. It wasn't anything he did, but damn, really? By all accounts GRRM has 2 books left, well, by his account, does Paris stand behind him holding up 3 fingers these days? It seemed a little late in the day to be pulling this rabbit, with ZERO, and I mean ZERO foreshadowing, out of the hat.

Don't get me wrong, I will accept him if GRRM says he's the real one but it won't sit well with me from a literary standpoint.

Archived