Who do you think will ride Viserion and Rhaegal?

Audrey Arryn

I think Tyrion will winkle the dragon horn from Victarion with his Lannister wits and ride Viserion.

Jon will have Rhaegal, through a combination of his dragon's blood (I believe R+L=J) and warging capability.

I like this in part because each dragon rider will be controlling his/her dragon differently: Dany through her pure Valyrian blood and having cultivated their trust and love by raising them from hatchlings, Tyrion through the horn, Jon through warging.

All 3 of Dany's dragons will die. But not before they get riders, come to Westeros, and wreak havoc in a major devastating dragon war.

Drogon's rider is Dany, of course;

Viserion's rider is Quentyn, who is, of course, not dead - not yet anyway, though they will be the first casualties of the new Dragon-Wars of Westeros;

Tyrion will blow the dragon horn, die, and survive via a mind-meld with Rhaegal; and

Tyrion-Rhaegal's rider will be Penny; until he eats her, of course.

Meanwhile, Loras will show up riding the dragon he encountered at Dragonstone.

Eventually the dragon of Winterfell will show up and kick all their butts, except Drogon and Rhaegal

Drogon will be slain by Saint Sandor the True Knight and Dragonslayer.

It will be up to Jon Snow to put an end to his old buddy Tyrion-Rhaegal.

I don't think its a problem, that I happen to disagree with a theory that's pure speculation.

That's indeed not a problem; etiquette on this board isn't what it once was.

Anyway, from a very recent read by Martin of an early TWOW chapter there is a tidbit:

In a Tyrion chapter from the battle of Meereen, a Yunkish envoy to the Second Sons gets stabbed by Jorah Mormont, and in his fall he knocks over a Cyvasse board. Tyrion picks up a white dragon piece and removes the blood from it. See the "Winds of winter" board for details (Capclave reading).

While the part about the blood is intriguing and people have all kinds of interpretation, I would say that the first impulse (often the right one) is to say that Tyrion's chances to tame/ride Viserion have gone up quite a bit. The reading specifically made note of the dragon (piece) being white.

That's indeed not a problem; etiquette on this board isn't what it once was.

Anyway, from a very recent read by Martin of an early TWOW chapter there is a tidbit:

In a Tyrion chapter from the battle of Meereen, a Yunkish envoy to the Second Sons gets stabbed by Jorah Mormont, and in his fall he knocks over a Cyvasse board. Tyrion picks up a white dragon piece and removes the blood from it. See the "Winds of winter" board for details (Capclave reading).

While the part about the blood is intriguing and people have all kinds of interpretation, I would say that the first impulse (often the right one) is to say that Tyrion's chances to tame/ride Viserion have gone up quite a bit. The reading specifically made note of the dragon (piece) being white.

Very interesting, thanks for posting it.

Archived