Who do you think will ride Viserion and Rhaegal?

Audrey Arryn

Drogon is Dany's, of course, but I am pretty sure other dragons will have more than two riders. Possible candidates include Bran, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Vic, Euron, etc. After all, they had to emphasize "the dragon can have more than one rider" for some reason

Drogon is Dany's, of course, but I am pretty sure other dragons will have more than two riders. Possible candidates include Bran, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Vic, Euron, etc. After all, they had to emphasize "the dragon can have more than one rider" for some reason

I am pretty sure that it was mentioned that Targ/Valyrian blood is required in order to ride a dragon. So Bran, Tyrion, Vic, Eyron etc aren't possible camdidates.

That's indeed not a problem; etiquette on this board isn't what it once was.

Anyway, from a very recent read by Martin of an early TWOW chapter there is a tidbit:

In a Tyrion chapter from the battle of Meereen, a Yunkish envoy to the Second Sons gets stabbed by Jorah Mormont, and in his fall he knocks over a Cyvasse board. Tyrion picks up a white dragon piece and removes the blood from it. See the "Winds of winter" board for details (Capclave reading).

While the part about the blood is intriguing and people have all kinds of interpretation, I would say that the first impulse (often the right one) is to say that Tyrion's chances to tame/ride Viserion have gone up quite a bit. The reading specifically made note of the dragon (piece) being white.

I agree. Although I do think that it's not as extreme as people make it out to be (Tyrion magically getting a dragon and being badass on it for the rest of the books). I think Tyrion will only truly ride Viserion in the last stages of the battle for the Dawn 2.0. I believe he'll turn the tide of battle by crashing with Viserion into the ranks of the enemy (a bit like a Kamikaze) and die valiantly.

I think Rhaegal will probably be ridden by Faegon or Euron at some point. It all depends on what happens when the Dusky Woman kills Victarion (Vic will certainly go for the bigger and more aggressive Rhaegal if he get's the chance), if he completed the spell Euron gets Rhaegal for sure, otherwise I could see Faegon getting his hands on the dragon and forcing it to serve as his mount (perhaps with knowledge from that book in the citadel. With Sam and Sarella being there it has a nice chance of ending up in his hands).

After that he'll probably be ridden by Jon. Who'll be able to get him without any need of sorcery or the like. More proof of his breeding as it were.

IMHO Rhaegal will be Aegon's dragon and will die in the Dance. He's rather dominant too and won't like the fact that Drogon has "snatched" their mother for himself. Viserion is more easy going and will stay with Dany. I always imagined he would be Jon's because of his color so like Ghost's but it's a little too obvious so it probably won't happen :D

I am convinced that one dragon will die during the Dance and one during the final battle against the Others, only Drogon will remain at the end, I hope for Westeros that one person who can control him will be alive too...

Dany will ride Drogon, that's for sure. I feel like some people got to upset with Dany on the last book and are ignoring important parts of her character.

Assuming Aegon is legit, he will ride Rhaegal.

I hate the idea of Euron or Victarion riding Viserion, and I find it unlikely as well.

So, assuming R+L=J is true, Jon will ride Viserion, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

I don't see Arya or Bran riding dragons at all (it would be awesome to see Bran warging a dragon though). I think Tyrion will help Dany or Aegon and maybe he even gets to ride the dragon once or twice, but he won't be one of the heads.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I think Sansa will ride Viserion. Their personalities mesh well: Viserion is more reserved and cowardly. He needs a steady hand. Sansa is motherly and gaining strength. Think about how awesome it would be if a dragon just came out of nowhere to roost at the Eyrie. It would give Sansa badassery and a greater role in the story. Also a way to tie the east to Dany.

I think white ties with snow and while many think Jon connects because of ghost, they are NOT the same. Ghost is an albino. Viserion is in fact cream.

I dunno I just think it could work.

Highly doubt anyone not named Dany will ever plant their ass on Drogon. Ever.

I know one guy named Bran who does not need to plant his ass on drogon. I think at some point, he'll plant himself inside drogon (Not in the way you're thinking you perv).

Also, tyrion riding a dragon would be sooo cool, they seem to passionate him.

"She climbed onto the pyre herself to place the eggs around her sun-and-stars. The black beside his heart, under his arm. The green beside his head, his braid coiled around it. The cream-and-gold down between his legs."

I think this is foreshadowing that Jon gets Viserion, while Tyrion gets Rhaegal.

I think this is foreshadowing that Jon gets Viserion, while Tyrion gets Rhaegal.

I sort of get how heart implies Dany, head Tyrion, but I fail to see how placing the white egg between Drogo´s legs means Jon will ride Viserion... Are you trying to associate Drogo´s junk with Jon? :lmao:

Archived