Jon being mute

AMoore4

Ghost isn't mute. He chooses to be quiet

"His brothers were out there somewhere, and his sister, but he had lost their scent. He sat on his haunches and lifted his head to the darkening sky, and his cry echoed through the forest, a long lonely mournful sound. As it died away, he pricked up his ears, listening for an answer, but the only sound was the sigh of blowing snow."

Just wondering if people think that jon could be mute when(if) he wakes up.

This is purely based on ghost being mute.

or

could it go the other way, could ghost stop being mute when jon is resurrected.

thoughts?

apologies if this has been discussed before

Hi.

I have a pet tiny crackpot that when Jon wargs into Ghost after the stabbings, Ghost ceases to be mute. Because his consciousness is actually Jon, Ghost will begin making noise. I do not think that Ghost is incapable of making noise on his own. I just think he doesnt for whatever reason. If Ghost!Jon encounters someone familiar with Ghost, perhaps making a sound will clue them in that theres something a little...off...about Ghost. ;)

Also, i do believe Jon will be a bit...different...upon waking. We are told by Jojen among others that spending too much time in the beast will make one a bit...beastly. So if Jon is a bit more growly and irritable upon waking (or peeing on junk), i wont be surprised.

Hi.

I have a pet tiny crackpot that when Jon wargs into Ghost after the stabbings, Ghost ceases to be mute. Because his consciousness is actually Jon, Ghost will begin making noise. I do not think that Ghost is incapable of making noise on his own. I just think he doesnt for whatever reason. If Ghost!Jon encounters someone familiar with Ghost, perhaps making a sound will clue them in that theres something a little...off...about Ghost. ;)

I like this. It would give purpose to Ghost being mute to begin with. And it would be great to see Ghost making a 'lil noise and seeing who cottons on. If Jon's in Ghost, it would make good story if people realised what was happening, and give them a reason to try and resurrect. I really hope it's like this.

Hi.

Also, i do believe Jon will be a bit...different...upon waking. We are told by Jojen among others that spending too much time in the beast will make one a bit...beastly. So if Jon is a bit more growly and irritable upon waking (or peeing on junk), i wont be surprised.

*Crackpot*

I think Ghost might be a tribute to Huan, the hound in the Tolkien's Silmarillion. Huan was allowed to speak only thrice before he died, and was prophesied to die only by the hands of "the greatest wolf that ever lived -> A werewolf - > Part human Part Wolf -> Bran". It would be cool if Bran actually kills him in a confrontation, while Ghost is trying to save Jon or something.

Archived