Will reading the "dunk and egg" novellas out of order ruin the whole experience?

Snowisnobastard

I just got my hands on warriors 1 which contains "the mystery knight" and I really want to start reading it. I have not been able to get my hands on the other 2 d&e tales as of yet sadly. So if I read the mystery knight first will it "ruin" the story for me?

I've been called many things but patient was never one of them and I don't think I can wait until I get the other books (but I will if there are mega spoilers in this one)

So to those of you who have read them all, what should I do?

I just got my hands on warriors 1 which contains "the mystery knight" and I really want to start reading it. I have not been able to get my hands on the other 2 d&e tales as of yet sadly. So if I read the mystery knight first will it "ruin" the story for me?

I've been called many things but patient was never one of them and I don't think I can wait until I get the other books (but I will if there are mega spoilers in this one)

So to those of you who have read them all, what should I do?

If you don't know the big twist in one, I'd read it first *cough can be read online cough*. Other two don't really matter much.

Yes. Read it in order. It WILL ruin it for you.

I agree that the important thing is to read The Hedge Knight first... But still... The second novella has important character development that will be important in the third.

I don't know if we can talk about that stuff here, but it's not difficult to get your hands on the other two. If you're going to buy them anyway...

I don't know if it will ruin the story for you (it has been some time since I read D&E). To be on the safe side I would suggest you read them in order, The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight.

BTW, as Mankytoes suggests, these are available online and if you are not opposed to piracy, these books are available via The Pirate Bay.

I got mine from my local library and the Hedge Knight was the comic one,you need to read em in order for sure as you need to see and find out how Egg came to be Duncs squire.youre in for a treat as each story is superb and they are great to see Westeros in peace time,loads of Targs,Bloodravan ect and for me they enhanced the Ice n Fire books.

Archived