Female Fans

Freesword

I think it's a pretty interesting topic actually.

I'm not a mother but hoping to be one in the next few years, so I think mother figures get a bit of a pass for me when they're doing things to try to protect their kids.

I'm incredibly close to my father, so I think Arya/Ned's relationship hit a certain spot in my heart, really resonated with me. I was also a wild child with no fear, can't even tell you how many scars I accumulated in my childhood, so Arya speaks to me.

I find all sexualized violence especially heinous due to my past.

As a woman I think I do relate to the female characters more than the males, but not by much. I don't think I'm especially critical of males, except rapists, though.

About the rape thing: y'know I'm the only one I know who picks on Dany for using Irri as a human vibrator?

31 user(s) are reading this topic

15 members, 10 guests, 6 anonymous users

People still know what interesting topics are! :P

Best answer.

Yes, PLEASE.

Then you could as well have asked if men see the series in a specific way because, for example, fatherhood, or anything.

I am glad you understood the objection by most posters and, well, welcome to the forum. :)

Oh, I absolutely understand their objections. My origional post was poorly worded and came across the wrong way.

Whaaa??? Why? Who? When? Whiiiiiichhhh?

Yea, so the Benjen hate. Dr P launched her crusade so thoroughly, it actually inspired confused posters to open a whole new thread to ask wtf they had missed in Benjen's arc. Here is that thread, and Dr P's platform (10 points to Gryffindor if you get the satire)

Same. I asked E-Ro and found out all men read ASOIAF for The Stannis. Figured a thread would be redundant.

I feel compelled to point out that this is faulty, given that E Ro sometimes self-identifies as a princess.

I feel compelled to point out that this is faulty, given that E Ro sometimes self-identifies as a princess.

What is E-Ro's favorite "ship"? Actually, that could be a good topic for the Male fans thread. Honestly coming out of the closet about who they like together romantically. --> closet as in truth telling!

If I can say I like Dany/Daario, they can say who they like. Hey, he brought her flowers. Who else in the series did that?

Yea, so the Benjen hate. Dr P launched her crusade so thoroughly, it actually inspired confused posters to open a whole new thread to ask wtf they had missed in Benjen's arc. Here is that thread, and Dr P's platform (10 points to Gryffindor if you get the satire)

I will never look at that abusive SOB in the same way again, STAY LOST BEN!!!! STAY LOST!!!

What is E-Ro's favorite "ship"? Actually, that could be a good topic for the Male fans thread. Honestly coming out of the closet about who they like together romantically.

If I can say I like Dany/Daario, they can say who they like. Hey, he brought her flowers. Who else in the series did that?

I like Dany/Daario. I like how confident Daario is and not at all put out by Dany being more powerful.

:stunned: I am not sure if I should spend less or more time in this part of the forum after seeing the Benjen-evil-Daario theory.

What is E-Ro's favorite "ship"? Actually, that could be a good topic for the Male fans thread. Honestly coming out of the closet about who they like together romantically.

I honestly don't know. The "E Ro Facebook page" ( :rolleyes: ) apparently has Stavos tributes. I'm personally more concerned with his perceived oppression within the "gilded cage" references he keeps dropping. So I guess any ship that protects his "cage" from being further gilded?

On a more serious note, I'm not really a shipper outside of Nedbert. That said, I'm pretty supportive of Daario/ Dany.

we've boarded this thread and turned it into a shipping thread , argghh :pirate:

Well this is a female thread, what did you expect? I wonder what you are still doing here, are you no afraid you would catch something? :cool4:

Archived