Marillion

CassBlackfyre

Why does marillion keep quiet about LF killing Lysa? When nestor royce is interrogating him, why doesn't he come clean about it? he's already lost his sight and some fingers, so what else does he have to lose? what has LF got thats so terrifying to Marillion that hes willing to take the blame for killing Lysa?

Would anyone believe him if he said anything? From what Ive seen, the Lords of the Vale despise him.

Seems to me that the Lords of the Vale despise LF aswell though, and if Marillion had just gave them the excuse they would launch a coup, i think

I believe that he is waiting for the right chance. It is not a matter of whom is going to believe him or not. That doesn't matter, there's plenty of people who would listen to him even if that would have been a lie.

For the most part, I believe LF made him sufficient promises to let him go away after the trial with some gold that he believes it less risky to accept the risk of a bargain than being pushed down the sky cells in the middle of the night..

..obviously LF won't keep up his words.

Why does marillion keep quiet about LF killing Lysa? When nestor royce is interrogating him, why doesn't he come clean about it? he's already lost his sight and some fingers, so what else does he have to lose? what has LF got thats so terrifying to Marillion that hes willing to take the blame for killing Lysa?

For the same reason that Jeyne Poole keeps quiet about not being Arya. Both have been thoroughly brutalised, and think that things will be far worse for them if they speak up than if they keep quiet.

If Marilliion did speak out, both LF and Sansa would call him a liar. Lord Royce would probably cut out his tongue on the spot, and he'd be handed back to Mord for a feast of torture.

Marillion was f*cked, since he'd been making fun of all the lordly lords who had tried to win Lysa's hand. So the audience in that room were people who already hated him. They were ready to push him out the moon door even without him being framed for Lysa's murder.

Seems to me that the Lords of the Vale despise LF aswell though, and if Marillion had just gave them the excuse they would launch a coup, i think

The Lords of the Vale mistrust LF, but the fact remains that LF was born in the Vale, even though his father was an insignificant lord, he was a childhood friend of Lysa, then he married her, then he earned the trust of Jon Arryn and the Lannisters, and he knows how to manipulate people.

Marillon was a nobody, who managed to manipulate only Lysa and his arrogance prevented him of establishing alliances with any one that might help him to fight against LF.

It isn't about who is more despised but rather who is more vulnerable. At the time, the singer was definately more vulnerable than the former Master of Coin.

Yes, but they hated Littlefinger too. I suppose it is realistic for a weak, broken spirit to collaborate with his tormentor (see elsewhere!) but a bolder man would have tried a shot at vengeance.

The lords declarant wanted LF to leave, but they didn't have the intense, personal, hatred for him that they had for Marillion.

LF is one of them; Marillion is (in their eyes) a loathsome, upjumped peasant, who mocked them. They'd never believe him in preference to LF and Sansa.

We, as readers, might think that Marillion ought to have taken the chance anyway, given that he has no chance of surviving , but Mord has likely been working on him for days, while LF has been acting as "good cop", pretending that he has a chance of saving his life.

As far as I remember LF threatened him that he would lose his tongue if he would not keep quiet?

So knowing that it was very unlikely that someone would believe him - standing alone against LF and his beautiful innocent daughter - he rather kept his tongue, sang the whole night through for a last time.

Mayhaps there is still another thing - it was never said clearly that Marillion is dead with absolute certainty - Marillions death seems somewhat suspicious to me - so maybe there is a bargain about an escape - nobody seems to have seen him fly from the skycell with certainty at least.

Thanks for your input guys... but just on a kinda related thing... in the TV Show, Marillion loses his tongue to illyn payne, for singing that song about King Robert, in the next season(s) of the show, do you think they'll remove this storyline completely, or replace Marillion with another singer/character?

Thanks for your input guys... but just on a kinda related thing... in the TV Show, Marillion loses his tongue to illyn payne, for singing that song about King Robert, in the next season(s) of the show, do you think they'll remove this storyline completely, or replace Marillion with another singer/character?

I can't see them passing up having LF shove Lysa out the door with the words "only Cat." So, I assume there'll be some other fall guy (maybe Mord?)

Is Marillion truly dead? Or will he return to haunt - or expose - Sansa and LF?

I dont think hes dead, if i remember right the lords of vale want a proper trial, right?..they'd be pretty suspicious if he suddenly just died/dissapeared, they're already mistrusting of LF, plus sweet robin tells sansa/alayne that he can still hear him singing

I dont think hes dead, if i remember right the lords of vale want a proper trial, right?..they'd be pretty suspicious if he suddenly just died/dissapeared, they're already mistrusting of LF, plus sweet robin tells sansa/alayne that he can still hear him singing

They've heard his confession. No further trial is necessary. I can't say for certain that he's dead, but LF has every reason to have killed him, and none to keep him alive. The only real question to me is whether he jumped, or was he pushed?

I feel like virtually anyone could fill this role. Marillion was chosen only because he happened to be in the room; if Joe Peasant #43 was there instead then he'd be the patsy, right?

I feel like virtually anyone could fill this role. Marillion was chosen only because he happened to be in the room; if Joe Peasant #43 was there instead then he'd be the patsy, right?

No i think LF is smarter than to just pick any old patsy, he chose marillion for a few reasons.. like posters said above hes hated by the lords of the vale so that would make the story easier to believe, lysa had a thing for him, he maybe had a thing for her, giving a good motive for killing her (unreturned love), he tried to force himself on sansa/alayne, etc..

They've heard his confession. No further trial is necessary. I can't say for certain that he's dead, but LF has every reason to have killed him, and none to keep him alive. The only real question to me is whether he jumped, or was he pushed?

i'll have to read it again, but i thought only one of the Royce's heard his confession?

Archived