Ramsays 63 and Daenerys 163... Is Martin trying to hint something?

Yes I know Dany Girl corrected me. Daenerys is winning by atleast 1,000 probably much more at this point.

To be fair, the Great Masters have to have millions on Dany. They've been slaving for years, add in the 163 undoubtedly innocent children (sorry, you're a slaving Great Master, you are in no way an innocent party, no matter your involvement with the kids). Dany's got a long way to go to catch up with them. And Ramsey is a sad comparison.

She crucified 163 people, but she could'nt be completely sure they all were: 1/ responsible for crucification of children; 2/ unresponsible for crucification of children.

She should be sure or she should'nt crucify them.

Ramsay is worse than her. I am completely sure, but he did'nt and he does'nt never (thank the Seven) want the crown.

She wanted all Westeros. And she had the dragons. One "dracarys" and ... pffff!

Ramsey can't flay all lords, ladies, smallfolks from North or South or West.

Dany can burn all dissidents by one word.

Who is more dangerous?

Dany.

Who is the worst morally?

Ramsay.

To be fair, the Great Masters have to have millions on Dany. They've been slaving for years, add in the 163 undoubtedly innocent children (sorry, you're a slaving Great Master, you are in no way an innocent party, no matter your involvement with the kids). Dany's got a long way to go to catch up with them. And Ramsey is a sad comparison.

Agreed. It is a stupid comparison which is why I am having a hard time taking this thread seriously.

Guys lets not be so hard.

We are discussing two characters; an evil one, and one who had a difficult childhood, a very harsh relative, and was often abused. But now that character is trying to restore his House to power, despite everything going against - of course, to finish on top, some difficult and un-noble decisions have to be made!

And then the other character is Daenerys.

Agreed. It is a stupid comparison which is why I am having a hard time taking this thread seriously.

Oh, were we supposed to be serious? I've been reading this as a joke, as it clearly it.

Comparing Dany's righteous indignation at the brutal murder of 163 innocent children leading her to replicate the murders on the group responsible is in no way similar to Ramsey's brutal murder of men who gave them selves up. I don't care 1 bit if not all of those 163 slave Great Masters were directly responsible. The Great Masters rule as a committee, they no doubt had knowledge of it and did nothing to stop it. It's like a congress. If members of Congress decide to do something vile and no other members stop them, they're equally responsible. I doubt 2-3 of them got together and were all, "hey, lets stop this bitch dragon queen by killing kids!" Without anyone else knowing. It amazes me that people try to defend these masters, like they were just kind hearted people living in pyramids that did nothing wrong. No, they were Great Masters responsible for the enslavement, abuse, and killings of millions. Dany should have killed them all.

Oh, were we supposed to be serious? I've been reading this as a joke, as it clearly it.

Comparing Dany's righteous indignation at the brutal murder of 163 innocent children leading her to replicate the murders on the group responsible is in no way similar to Ramsey's brutal murder of men who gave them selves up. I don't care 1 bit if not all of those 163 slave Great Masters were directly responsible. The Great Masters rule as a committee, they no doubt had knowledge of it and did nothing to stop it. It's like a congress. If members of Congress decide to do something vile and no other members stop them, they're equally responsible. I doubt 2-3 of them got together and were all, "hey, lets stop this bitch dragon queen by killing kids!" Without anyone else knowing. It amazes me that people try to defend these masters, like they were just kind hearted people living in pyramids that did nothing wrong. No, they were Great Masters responsible for the enslavement, abuse, and killings of millions. Dany should have killed them all.

Did anybody do that? I surely didn't!

We know for a fact163 innocent children were killed but let's mourn for the potentially/maybe/not-quite-sure innocent Great Masters that were killed.

They're slavers. They're not innocent. Dany should have killed them all. How many lives have they each ruined? Millions. Let them die, let it be brutal. I for one don't have a single f*** to spare caring about slavers.

They're slavers. They're not innocent. Dany should have killed them all. How many lives have they each ruined? Millions. Let them die, let it be brutal. I for one don't have a single f*** to spare caring about slavers.

LOL

I'm starting to believe you're really Dany. You sound like an evil dictator.

Did anybody do that? I surely didn't!

Lots of people call the slavers "innocent" or "potentially innocent". They aren't. Just because they might not have helped stake up the children doesn't mean they're not guilty of countless other deaths. These are not simply slave owners. They're the Great Masters. They're the ones running the whole show. They're the ones having people taken from their homes and sold off like cattle. These people often die, get abused, and always are treated horribly.

This is really abusing the connection in order to claim that the repetition indicates Dany = Ramsay.

That's not what's going on, though. The repetition of 63 is a reminder of the 163, but isn't meant to be the character assassination it's being used as here. The message is not "Dany must be a psychopath." It's more a comment of the horror that occurs in the name of trying to do good-- crucifixion is the tactic of monsters, and Dany is no monster and should have kept the high-ground, perhaps.

The 163 comes up in Dany's PoV again around the same time Ramsay's 63 are; clearly the connection is there. But importantly, Dany is haunted by the fact that these men were crucified; Ramsay is in no way troubled by his little display. Dany comes to realize what she'd done was inhumane.

What's so bad about slavery when compared to serfdom?!

Archived