Articles on Climate Change

Mlle. Zabzie

I'm reminded of why I stopped arguing about climate science.

Is that because you checked the greenhouse efficiency of CO2?

Did your box model fail to include a planet with a 70 percent water covered surface?

Did you figure out what the carbon sinks are?

Did you finally figure out that the whole thing started by a guy that preached eugenics and claimed that manmade CO2 was keeping back the next iceage?

Did you remember that the consensus of science in the 70's predicted global cooling for the same reasons as global warming?

Were you unable to explain the downward temperature shift from 1940 to 1970 despite the largest increases of CO2 emissions in history?

Did you figure the CO2 released by the dark reaction of photosynthesis in the ocean releases more CO2 in a night than all land animals including man do in a year?

Did you figure out that the restrictions in advancement caused by the CO2 scare hurt the poorest people in the world the hardest?

Or did you finally figure that the computer you are using at this moment is powered by a grid that is still dependent on coal to function?

Do you have an original thought;

https://www.lotro.com/.../showthread.php?...do...‎

28.12.2010 - 25 Beiträge - ‎8 Autoren

somewhere in there perchance?

nobody has an original thought... Though i left out somebody that said FOR US beore you did.... Does that make it an original thought somewhere in there perchance...

So that's three times no, then.

Libruls are teh real racists!

Considering how those evil libruls also hate the poor by offering them such an awful thing as public assistance I guess it's not too much of a stretch.

Were you unable to explain the downward temperature shift from 1940 to 1970 despite the largest increases of CO2 emissions in history?

This is easy, it was dirty coal that had sulphur dioxide in it, and the passage of clean air acts led to cleaner variants of coal. Viola, warming!

The rest of your gobbledegook didnt make sense to me so I didnt bother.

So that's three times no, then.

Considering how those evil libruls also hate the poor by offering them such an awful thing as public assistance I guess it's not too much of a stretch.

Without the poor the liberals would not have a job,,,and they don't give their own money to assist to the poor...nice racket...

In case you forget the Republican party was the one that ended slavery...so yeah who are the racists

This is easy, it was dirty coal that had sulphur dioxide in it, and the passage of clean air acts led to cleaner variants of coal. Viola, warming!

The rest of your gobbledegook didnt make sense to me so I didnt bother.

h2so4--- so2 and h2o acid rain... ehh nevermind...

so old coal relied on the sulphur bond to generate energy?

new coal relies on the carbon bonds to generate energy,

so the clean air act caused global warming?

are you suggesting we switch from carbon based fuel to sulphur based fuel? voila... cooling

Is that because you checked the greenhouse efficiency of CO2?

A gas in the atmosphere absorbs and emits radiation within thw thermal infared range the ability of a gas to do so is its efficiency. The contribution of a gas to warming is a function of its efficiency. Starting at the ground floor.

Did your box model fail to include a planet with a 70 percent water covered surface?

It atmospheric lifetime of a heavier than air gas differs greatly between dry and wet models.

Did you figure out what the carbon sinks are?

The estimated output carbon does not equate to an increased carbon content of the atmosphere. There is a significant disparity known as a carbon sink,

Did you finally figure out that the whole thing started by a guy that preached eugenics and claimed that manmade CO2 was keeping back the next iceage?

ehh look it up...

Did you remember that the consensus of science in the 70's predicted global cooling for the same reasons as global warming?

look up global cooling caused by carbon emissions.

Did you figure the CO2 released by the dark reaction of photosynthesis in the ocean releases more CO2 in a night than all land animals including man do in a year?

during the light reaction photosynthesis takes in carbon and releases oxygen, at night the opposite happens. ehh look it up...

Without the poor the liberals would not have a job,,,and they don't give their own money to assist to the poor...nice racket...

In case you forget the Republican party was the one that ended slavery...so yeah who are the racists

Oh yes, you've got me there. There is certainly no correlation between liberal states paying the most in taxes and conservative states taking the most in welfare because liberals don't give their own money to assist the poor. They just take it from those poor conservatives, who we all know are the only hard-working 'Muricans.

And I haven't forgotten that the Republican party was the one that ended slavery. The fact that you need to go 150 years into the past to try to prove your point kind of disproves your point, doesn't it?

Anyway, this thread is about climate change. This subject is more suited for the US Politics thread.

I'm not sure what you mean by sulfur bonds. Coal contains sulfur. Sulfur reacts with oxygen to create sulfur dioxide (there are no sulfur bonds being broken). Sulfur dioxide causes cooling, especially in particulate form. Cleaner coal with less sulfur creates less sulfur dioxide.

Ignoring the fact that natural resources place vast constraints on what we can use as fuel....no, I am not suggesting we go to a sulfur based economy. Other, smarter people have talked about the possibility of using SO2 in the atmosphere, look at the Nobel Laureate Crutzen's work.

Anything else?

There are so many other environmental problems to look into as well as climate change, I hate how that's singled out be the single biggest threat to mankind. The single biggest threat to mankind is our dysfunctional western culture.

I agree, people are swinging for the fences on this one. No one with a brain disputes the rise of CO 2 levels but its not clearly understood what the effects of this will really be and its not as clear cut as proponents like to think it is. Solar activity seems to be the biggest factor in determining temperature and that's something we will never be able to control. The most important thing is to make green energy competitive with the more conventional sources.

It would be better to focus on stuff like the chemical spill in WV. People not having water because a company spilled poisonous waste in a river is something people can relate to. Preaching armageddon in the hopes of promoting a wholescale chage is really an iffy proposistion.

Oh yes, you've got me there. There is certainly no correlation between liberal states paying the most in taxes and conservative states taking the most in welfare because liberals don't give their own money to assist the poor. They just take it from those poor conservatives, who we all know are the only hard-working 'Muricans.

And I haven't forgotten that the Republican party was the one that ended slavery. The fact that you need to go 150 years into the past to try to prove your point kind of disproves your point, doesn't it?

Anyway, this thread is about climate change. This subject is more suited for the US Politics thread.

You can only be a liberal if you give away other people's money... Taxing is a good way to get other people's money...

Can you come up with a fight on behalf of others the Democrats took up fought at their own expense in the last 225 or so years?

But yes back to point.

global cooling....to global warming... to climate change.... Man is making or breaking the planet....7 billion people could all fit into an area the size the los angeles... if the earth was the size of a BB the sun would be the size of a basketball. An area that porportionally covers less than the contact point of the BB on a flat surface reportedly has as much impact as the rest of the BB and the basketball combined.

Climate change is popular because it is a hell of a lot more comforting than looking at how little you really do matter. You might want to just go for a glass of milk and a nap rather than think too much of either.

I'm not sure what you mean by sulfur bonds. Coal contains sulfur. Sulfur reacts with oxygen to create sulfur dioxide (there are no sulfur bonds being broken). Sulfur dioxide causes cooling, especially in particulate form. Cleaner coal with less sulfur creates less sulfur dioxide.

Ignoring the fact that natural resources place vast constraints on what we can use as fuel....no, I am not suggesting we go to a sulfur based economy. Other, smarter people have talked about the possibility of using SO2 in the atmosphere, look at the Nobel Laureate Crutzen's work.

Anything else?

There are no sulphur bonds... regardless of coal's sulfur content the carbon provided its energy..

Sulfur atomic weight 32 sulphur with 2 Oxygen atomic weight 16.... a molecule with an atomic weight of 64 that is a toxic gas and the cause of acid rain... that one was present in sufficient quantity to cool the earth for 30 plus years...

Crutzen's work was with Nitrogen.... and protect the ozone

What is so awesome and instructive about this is that there's a chance that it's not trolling. This is a statement that is not outside of the mainstream of the Republican commentariat. It's not even fringe, so this might not be a troll. But bravo if it is a troll.

Just to name two, the Civil Rights Act and the Affordable Care Act. On the latter, it wouldn't be too surprising if a typical Republican actually couldn't even name a good thing it was doing. The rhetoric has been so unrelenting that folks actually believe that the purpose of the bill was to destroy freedom.

how many died in the civil rights act. or the aca.. how many democrats lost their lives...in defense of a noble cause.. i do recall asking fought,,, and not talked a good game.

I don't like the republicans either just they kind of put their mouth where their mouth is... not other people's money. I am neither dem nor rep... I am JAFO

i actually did get back to topic.... how bout it.

Archived