Why Bran is special

KingslayerHodor

Hi everyone. I've been trying really hard to come up with a theory that you guys might actually like for once, and I think I've come up with one you guys might at least think about.

I've always found it interesting that Bran was fortunate enough to have the potential to become a greenseer, which is rarely seen among human beings. Or, in other words, why does Bran have greensight? Why is Bloodraven so interested in Bran? Why is Bran such a good warg, better than the other Starks? Why did Bloodraven lead Bran out of his coma? Why did Bloodraven choose Bran at all? These are all questions that deserve answers, and I am sure you all have thought about them

It's strange that Bloodraven decided to seek out Bran once he entered his coma. In other words, why did he choose Bran as opposed to say, Jon? After all, Jon's warging is incredibly strong too. So strong, in fact, some think that he will continue to live on inside Ghost temporarily after dying in ADWD.

Some will argue that Bran is special because he is both a Warg and a greenseer, though I find this slightly unlikely. How probable is it for someone to be, at the same time, to be a Warg and a greenseer? Wouldn't it be more likely if Bran's life was planned all along? Let's put it this way. Is it more likely for the universe to have been created and designed by a bunch of aliens or is it more likely for the universe to just arise out of chance randomly? I think the former is the more likely option.

We came to the conclusion that it is much more likely for Bran's life to have been planned rather than him randomly have both Warging and greensiight powers. What if Bloodraven planned Bran's life all along? What if Bran was given his powers by Bloodraven? Or, in other words, could Bloodraven have fathered Bran to create a new greenseer?

I think Bloodraven was able to somehow implant his seed into Catelyn through weirwood trees while Catelyn was praying to the old gods, the same way that he is able to see through weirwood trees. Or maybe Catelyn accompanied Ned so he could pray to the old gods: the details do not matter. It is possible that a broken branch of the weirwood tree got stuck into Catelyn's clothes. This provides an explanation for how a crippled man like Bloodraven, who was hundreds of miles away, managed to implant his seed into Catelyn.

I think this also makes sense because Bran seems to be very different from the rest of the Starks. Just like Sansa and Robb, he looks more like the Tully side of he family rather than the Stark side of the family. We know from Lannister x Baratheon pairings that darker hair color tends to dominate lighter hair color, yet we see Sansa, Robb and Bran with red hair instead. (It's possible that Petyr is Sansa's true father and Catelyn cheated on Ned with him, but that is another thread for another day.) While Ricken and Arya are more wild and have more of the Stark features, Bran does not. Bran does not have the wild wolf in him, and this could indicate that Ned is not Bran's true father. Bran seems to be more calculating, calm and intelligent than the others--just like Bloodraven himself.

Bran climbed over the walls of Winterfell all the time, that indicates some wolf blood I think, and he was only 7 when he got crippled. Also, NO, Bloodraven is not Bran's father. The gods could have planned Bran's life and all the Starks or everything or whatever. Magic is returning to the world in general, and Bran is part of that. I think his powers may be greater than his siblings because he got crippled.

1. Bran is a greenseer because GRRM said so... Some things are because plot demanded them to be that way.

2. Bran isspecial, but to be greenseer, you have to be a warg... Plus, I believe Bloodraven is a warg...

3. Bloodraven is interested in Bran because Bran is a greenseer, plus he didn't choose him, Bran being greenseer made him Bloodraven's choice

As for Bloodraven impregnating Catelyn, I am so sorry but IMHO, that is :bs:

ETA: A quote about wargs and greenseers:

“No,” said Jojen, “only a boy who dreams. The greenseers were more than that. They were wargs as well, as you are, and the greatest of them could wear the skins of any beast that flies or swims or crawls, and could look through the eyes of the weirwoods as well, and see the truth that lies beneath the world.

1. Bran is a greenseer because GRRM said so... Some things are because plot demanded them to be that way.

2. Bran isspecial, but to be greenseer, you have to be a warg... Plus, I am not that certain that Bloodraven is not a warg...

3. Bloodraven is interested in Bran because Bran is a greenseer, plus he didn't choose him, Bran being greenseer made him Bloodraven's choice

As for Bloodraven impregnating Catelyn, I am so sorry but IMHO, that is :bs:

1. Yes

2. Bloodraven not warg?

3. Bloodraven watched Bran be born and was watching the Starks well before that, he had a major interest in them.

Cat did it with the crypt keeper of the tree? Wow, ummm I think the Stark kids could have some of his blood in them his family was from the river lands. Just not anything that direct. So I don't dismiss the idea of a connection in that sense. Could be relatives on both sides of Brans families. Though I recall Martin saying it was not about genetics, that this is fantasy not science fiction.

Because he is just at the right moment in his life right when the white walkers come. Robb and Jon are older, getting interested in girls, ready to fight. Even if they were crippled I can't see them being swayed to go North of the Wall by Jojen just as easy. Bran was only just starting to get taught in earnest; it's when they come back from his first beheading that they come across the babywolves and Bloodraven starts work to recruit him to his cause.

I'm going to suggest this is 100% correct and we'll all feel pretty stupid when KingslayerHodor present us with all the unassailable evidence as it appears in the text which we carelessly overlooked when we read the books

Over to you, KingslayerHodor

I kind of like the idea that Bloodraven picked Bran as his predecessor and shaped his life accordingly. He may have chosen Bran because he has great pedigree - blood of the first men, he's a stark/powerful lineage from the north, believes in the old gods - to replace him...he's not a firstborn son either and it's more reasonable to believe Bran could be influenced to leave Winterfell over Robb because there's obv. way less to lose for Bran. Perhaps Bloodraven has the ability to pass on greensight to those he chooses? Who knows... but I do think it's possible that Bloodraven used his powers to pull some strings and set up Bran's life

edit- just used Robb as an example of Ned's kids, he's obv not a player in the game anymore ( :frown5: ) but he was for the majority of Bran's life, which could have been the reason why Bran was chosen if he was indeed chosen at all.

Do all interesting trol lalalaling posts have to come with a theory?

And, who is this royal 'we' of which you speak?

We came to the conclusion that it is much more likely for Bran's life to have been planned rather than him randomly have both Warging and greensiight powers.

I already have problems with Bran becoming a tree, now I have to wonder if he was born because Cat may have been impregnated by one? YIKES :ack:

Archived