How Would You Feel About Finding Out Ser Arthur Dayne and Elia Martell Were Lovers?

Roddy the Ruin

I'm a believer in the theory that Arthur and Elia were lovers (I don't see a problem with it as he did his duty) and if Arthur is alive (which I hope he is) then having him as a broken husk kept alive by his duty to Jon would be just the thing GRRM would write. The name Elia whispered being Arthur, had he heard the rumor, he would have known it was his and he would feel an insurmountable amount of guilt. He would likely misplace his rage unto Jon and have a huge amount of hatred of Jaime for not protecting her from Gregor.

can you expand this a bit ?

Fire Eater had a theory awhile back on this. If Arthur is alive the only way I see it fitting with GRRM's writing style is if he wishes he wasn't. And the fact that Arthur is portrayed as the perfect knight and Elia the perfect princess. It all just seems to perfect for GRRM.

Fire Eater had a theory awhile back on this. If Arthur is alive the only way I see it fitting with GRRM's writing style is if he wishes he wasn't. And the fact that Arthur is portrayed as the perfect knight and Elia the perfect princess. It all just seems to perfect for GRRM.

This would be so funny. Do you imagine the faces of both Aegon and Jon Con if it turns out that Aegon is Arthur's bastard son.

I would think Rhaegar fans would be dancing around highfiving because they really want a reason to absolve him of any blame.

He did nothing wrong in sleeping with Lyanna... But he did royally fuck up in running off with her without any notice whatsoever.

I'm a believer in the theory that Arthur and Elia were lovers (I don't see a problem with it as he did his duty) and if Arthur is alive (which I hope he is) then having him as a broken husk kept alive by his duty to Jon would be just the thing GRRM would write. The name Elia whispered being Arthur, had he heard the rumor, he would have known it was his and he would feel an insurmountable amount of guilt. He would likely misplace his rage unto Jon and have a huge amount of hatred of Jaime for not protecting her from Gregor.

What makes you think Arthur is alive, out of curiosity?

Are you saying he's in the north or at the wall as a broken husk watching over Jon?

When did Elia whisper a name?

I must have missed some text on my re-reads to be so confused right now. :P

Archived