How Would You Feel About Finding Out Ser Arthur Dayne and Elia Martell Were Lovers?

Roddy the Ruin

Meh.

Even if that were true...who cares if Arthur Dayne and Elia of Dorne were lovers? They are both dead. Rhaegar is dead. Aerys is dead. And we don't even know if the Aegon who is invading Westeros is the same as Elia's child.

It doesn't matter if Aegon is Rhaegar's, Illyrio's or Elia's son...it only matters what people will believe.

I wish someone would say that about Rhaegar and Lyanna.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why do we even care about any of these characters anyway ? They are all dead, they are dead in the past, they are dead in the present and those who aren't dead yet, will be in the future. And none of them exist. It's not like one is more unexistant or dead than the next guy :ohwell:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why do we even care about any of these characters anyway ? They are all dead, they are dead in the past, they are dead in the present and those who aren't dead yet, will be in the future. And none of them exist. It's not like one is more unexistant or dead than the next guy :ohwell:

That brings up an interesting point: who is more dead, the dead or the undead? Do the undead even count as dead?

I think Beric is the deadliest (deaddest...most dead...deadedest..deadiest?) because he is seven times dead.

Daenerys is the most alive. She died without dying and is alive.

And the undead do not count. They are, after all, not dead. They are alive and well....well not well, but alive.

I think Beric is the deadliest (deaddest...most dead...deadedest..deadiest?) because he is seven times dead.

Daenerys is the most alive. She died without dying and is alive.

And the undead do not count. They are, after all, not dead. They are alive and well....well not well, but alive.

I agree about Beric. Shame he didn't have nine deaths, but then his sigil wasn't any kind of cat so...

Are the undead really alive though?

I'm 600% sure the OP had nothing but Arthur on their mind while posting this. I'm pretty sure they just desperately want to believe that Arthur is still alive and this is the most plausible theory.

Me, too. In fact, the OP followed up to confirm as much, to which I responded that I would adore if the thread could go in that direction. But as you see, we are nothing if not predictable. Mention Elia/Rhaegar/Arthur/Lyanna in any fashion, and a preponderance of posts will slay Rhaegar, hold Elia before the angels, blame the world's problems on Lyanna, and the absolute: Arthur, Rhaegar, Lyanna and Elia are dead.dead.dead.dead.

I don't make up the rules, I was just trying to shore up defenses before the onslaught.

No, it's probably not a good idea to do fanfic here, but I personally love a juicy theory. If only the lovers of said theory clicked on the thread, it would be awesome, but this is a free board and people can roam and comment as they want to.

Hope my prediction didn't disappoint, looks like it didn't.

I desperately want Arthur to be alive, too. He's a sick knight with a kickass sword and a beautiful title. And he has a nice butt, at least in my own personal fanfic. But then, Rhaegar makes David Beckham look like a stableboy in my mind, so you can imagine how I must weep whenever a "Rhaegar is Alive" thread comes around. I weep, and then I hide from all the mean people.

I agree about Beric. Shame he didn't have nine deaths, but then his sigil wasn't any kind of cat so...

Are the undead really alive though?

well undead literally means alive, doesn't it ? I never got it that people say undead to organisms that aren't really dead..but alive..

I think though that the wights are not alive. they are just like a warged puppet. something like squid. you can kill it and then pour soy sauce on it and it looks alive cause it wiggles but actually it's just a chemical reaction. So kinda in this way. A bit other though.

The Others however...I mean they never died. They are just another race, aren't they´? Maybe they are some sort of jellyfish like organism that is immortal. They just go into a previous life state and look dead, though they are very much alive. and when they then rise again it looks like they are zombies.

I will.

BTW I wanted to asked that for quite some time, shouldn't you be Laufeysdotter rather than Laufeyson ?

thank you for that !!

Sorry, nothing against anyone, but I asked that myself for quite some time :)

well undead literally means alive, doesn't it ? I never got it that people say undead to organisms that aren't really dead..but alive..

I think though that the wights are not alive. they are just like a warged puppet. something like squid. you can kill it and then pour soy sauce on it and it looks alive cause it wiggles but actually it's just a chemical reaction. So kinda in this way. A bit other though.

The Others however...I mean they never died. They are just another race, aren't they´? Maybe they are some sort of jellyfish like organism that is immortal. They just go into a previous life state and look dead, though they are very much alive. and when they then rise again it looks like they are zombies.

I don't think undead is really meant to indicate being alive. If the undead were really "alive" why wouldn't we just call them that? I guess I'm thinking there most be a reason someone invented a separate term. Maybe they're half-alive--stuck in a no-man's-land between the living and the dead. Gosh that just sounds like such a sad way to live.

Yes the Others seem to be another race, so they're neither dead nor undead. They're not immortal. After all, Sam killed one. But they could have a very loooooong migration cycle and that's why they're really only seen every couple thousand years or so. Maybe they attacked the First Men because those greedy jerks decimated the hunting grounds, destroying their food supply. If I got back from hibernation, or whatever and found that a large part of my main food supply had been destroyed or consumed, I'd be upset too.

I did not know that about squids and soy sauce. Very cool.

I don't think undead is really meant to indicate being alive. If the undead were really "alive" why wouldn't we just call them that? I guess I'm thinking there most be a reason someone invented a separate term. Maybe they're half-alive--stuck in a no-man's-land between the living and the dead. Gosh that just sounds like such a sad way to live.

Yes the Others seem to be another race, so they're neither dead nor undead. They're not immortal. After all, Sam killed one. But they could have a very loooooong migration cycle and that's why they're really only seen every couple thousand years or so. Maybe they attacked the First Men because those greedy jerks decimated the hunting grounds, destroying their food supply. If I got back from hibernation, or whatever and found that a large part of my main food supply had been destroyed or consumed, I'd be upset too.

I did not know that about squids and soy sauce. Very cool.

With the immortal I meant biologically. Jellyfish(some sorts of them) are per definition immortal. They would never ever die if they are in a place without any predators. Their cells just regenerate infinitely. And if they reach a point where it is critical they just go back to polyp status..somehow..or they go in a hibernational state.

Also..we could assume that White Walkers are cold blooded(cough...) and therefore do not need food every day. they do not have to maintain a temperature(cough again..) so they just stay like they want. They just need food for additional energy. Spiders, crocos, snakes can eat a rat and stay for several months without any other food. Mammals like us who have to maintain a temperature need constant food intake, which we waste most of it because we have a terribly ineffective digestion.

Just this. So WW could be biologically immortal, only magic obsidian is known so far to kill them anyway. Or maybe if they catch a cold...ha..like getting a terrible disease, thus damaging their bodily functions and perish.

And undead.. I think this is a neologism and invention for cinema. Because it just literally means alive, no?

What if the Others are actually nice people? They just look scary and people go simply attacking them. Self defense.

Everybody wants a Varys or LF pov, I want a White Walker pov.

Archived