Jon freed of his oath.

Mokymok

Came up with the thought.

What if is it the Others who have the Horn of Winter ? ( why mention it and make every crow scared just to never appear)

What If the Others destroy the Wall ?

That would cause the end of the Night's Watch of the Wall they'd become the Night's Watch Army, who could defeat the Others with Jon as Its lord commander and Stannis as their king. This would release Jon from his oath. I mean if the Others are defeated and there was never the need to fear the wildlings, as they all have a common enemy. What will be the purpose of the Night's Watch ? I mean the only one who take the NW seriously are the northerns, not even that, I think it is just the Starks. I'd like to read that the Others at least get as near KL to scare those who never believed in the NW.

Depends if he'll know about R+L=J, if not he may take up stannis offer as King of the North, whether he does knowing Rickon is alive I don't know. Maybe regent in the north and if stannis becomes king, I see him close to stannis with his own Lordship (maidenpool or harrenhal or the twins) and a hand of the king role coming later. I got the feeling that Stannis was impressed with jon.

If he knows about R+L=J, he probably keep his mouth shut and the same above, after all what proof has he got.

I hope he'll get married to Val or a recently annulled Alys Karstark.

If he knows about the leech and spell that mel and stannis did then I think he'll go berserk. Then all bets are off.

wait-- are you saying that if the Wall falls, then the vow will be meaningless, even if the brotherhood of the Watch continues as an anti-Other army who calls themselves the "Night's Watch" and therefore, Jon will be freed from his vows? I don't think the vow is actually connected to THE Wall, as the vow states "watcher on the wallS." Like, walls plural. So THE Wall isn't referenced in the vows.

or are you talking more about the Watch being obsolete when the Others are defeated? Wouldn't the threat of the Others return exist so long as there are lunatics out there who worship and sacrifice to the cold gods?

I honestly hope he knows but tells know one about his parentage.

1. interesting plot, him serving stannis when he is a true king

2. rising up the ranks as a bastard really prince

I mean its gonna be a big WTF moment if he tells everyone and has no proof.

Jon: I am the son of Rhaegar Targaryen!

Everyone: :lmao: :bowdown: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :lol: :blink: :thumbsdown: :lmao:

Am I the only one who doesn't want Jon to be released of his vows?

But if he does, it will probably happen due to his "death", and therefore the end of his Watch. (assuming he is brought back to life, of course)

Wouldn't the threat of the Others return exist so long as there are lunatics out there who worship and sacrifice to the cold gods?

Its this very reason why I believe the Others can never really be defeated. Even the great heroes during the Long Night couldn't do it. All I believe they can do is to drive them back into the Land of Always Winter for the next 3000 years or so. Which gives plenty enough time to rebuild the Wall under Jon or Stannis or whoevers alive at the end.

However I do think with the current situation it has indeed released him from his vows. The question is whether he'll still feel obligated to helping the watch battle the Others after their treachery..

What if the vows contradict each other, like never leave your post and protect the realm, if Jon left his post to go North to destroy the Others would that be breaking the vows? Or what if he did become king, wouldn't that still fall under the protecting the realm vow, especially considering that one of the king's titles is often "Protector of the Realm"?

Jon: I am the son of Rhaegar Targaryen!

Everyone: :lmao: :bowdown: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :lol: :blink: :thumbsdown: :lmao:

yeah lol. :agree:

Jon is a good guy, I think he will stay in the watch and not hold any lands or titles outside of the watch for the rest of his life. The second he gets involved in "southern politics" he becomes oath-breaking scum.

Jon Snow is dead. Whoever reborns will likely be Jon Targaryen.

So yeah, Jon Snow would be freed of his oath... which is probably why GRRM stabbed him four times.

Jon Snow is dead. Whoever reborns will likely be Jon Targaryen.

So yeah, Jon Snow would be freed of his oath.

Whaaaaaat? So getting stabbed 3 times turns him into a targ?

Whaaaaaat? So getting stabbed 3 times turns him into a targ?

Nah... I mean getting killed.

Check it. Jon Snow is dead. They got a corpse. Jon Snow obligations in life fulfilled.

Then. Jon Snow corpse is burned not to become an Other. Fire doesn't burn Jon Snow but instead thaws him or awakens him... whoa. He's AA or a dragon head. Jon Targ.

Nah... I mean getting killed.

Check it. Jon Snow is dead. They got a corpse. Jon Snow obligations in life fulfilled.

Then. Jon Snow corpse is burned not to become an Other. Fire doesn't burn Jon Snow... whoa. He's AA or a dragon head. Jon Targ.

If the body doesn't burn and he comes back to life wouldn't he still be a part of the watch though? He said the words, unless he completely loses all his prior memory I don't see him ditching the watch, and if he does do that knowing fully well that he said the words, then he is scum no better then a frey or a bolton.

If the body doesn't burn and he comes back to life wouldn't he still be a part of the watch though? He said the words, unless he completely loses all his prior memory I don't see him ditching the watch, and if he does do that knowing fully well that he said the words, then he is scum no better then a frey or a bolton.

I think his story as a NW crow (LC of the crows... ultimate crow) died when he was stabbed. He made his oath as Jon Snow.

If he realizes he is in fact not Jon Snow, but Jon Targ... that's a new birth.

And AA needs to be reborn.

ETA: Killing Jon Snow is a perfect way for GRRM to reveal Jon Targ, while freeing Jon Snow from his oath and preventing him from being an oathbreaker. He stays the classic hero.

Death releases him, even if it's not permanent death. Not that I'm sure he even wants to be released. Of course, the final defeat of the Others combined with peace with the Wildlings dissolves the Night's Watch anyway.

I think his story as a NW crow (LC of the crows... ultimate crow) died when he was stabbed. He made his oath as Jon Snow.

If he realizes he is in fact not Jon Snow, but Jon Targ... that's a new birth.

And AA needs to be reborn.

ETA: Killing Jon Snow is a perfect way for GRRM to reveal Jon Targ, while freeing Jon Snow from his oath and preventing him from being an oathbreaker. He stays the classic hero.

How is finding out who his real parents were a new birth? Makes little sense imho.

Anyway I don't see what he is going to do about it. He has a few ragged wildlings at his disposal, the first enemy he comes across is going to completely demolish him if he tries anything. What, hes reborn and then pulls an army out of his ass to put himself in power? How does this work exactly?

Anyway I don't see what he is going to do about it. He has a few ragged wildlings at his disposal, the first enemy he comes across is going to completely demolish him if he tries anything. What, hes reborn and then pulls an army out of his ass to put himself in power? How does this work exactly?

Plot gifts.

Archived