Bronn and Lollys being a deciding factor in Dany's conquest.

Shinjinobrave

This is a bit crackpot, but at least everyone keeps their original gender here. (looking at you Pod and Asha)

Bronn is now the Lord of Stokeworth, thanks to Lollys' claim, which is the best anyone can do. We know this because Falyse spoke about her claim to Stokeworth, untill Cersei had her sent off to become UnGregor's thigh meat or something. But Falyse also spoke about something else, her claim to Rosby. Cersei has tried to snatch the Rosby inheretance away from Lord Gyles' ward, but her fangs have been pulled for now. Kevan's POV tells us that there are 6 claims, said ward being one of them.

Here the crackpot begins:

What if Bronn is one of those claimants, through Lollys. And what if he wins out for reasons only R'hollor knows.

Right now Aegon is most likely to take King's Landing. His position is the nearest and his enemies are weakened and underestimate him. I suspect Bronn will go with the tide and maybe even try to gain some prestige in these turbulent times.

But Dany is coming and she has dragons. More importantly, Tyrion is with her! Bronn named his adopted son Tyrion, whoch should convince him that he really was a true friend to him. I think he can forgive him, since he didn't lie to him about their relationship, like Shae did. He's a sellsword, he sells his sword.

So if Dany turns up and Bronn sides with her, how will he do any good, even with both Rosby and Stokeworth, those armies aren't worth the hassle of feeding them. But AHA, there's the rub. Rosby and Stokeworth feed King's Landing when the roseroad is closed. We know this because they fed the city prior to the battle of the Blackwater.

It seems likely that the Tyrells will soon fudge off to their own lands, what with ironborn, potential traitors, etc. And with winter no longer coming, but present trade along the roseroad will be sparse if any, whether or not they stay.

All things considered, Bronn will be in a position to squeeze Aegon, or whoever occupies it, out of King's Landing in favor of Dany, even without Rosby he can make the city starve if he so chooses. All in the name of bromance.

And for Lollys (this is what inspired me) sweet sweet revenge :devil:

So what do you think?

I definitely think it is significant that Bronn is now holding the castle controlling the northern approaches to KL. He is always talking about being for sale. It really looks like he will play a part in the endgame for the IT. His role might be about supplying the food, like you say, or maybe sneaking an army in the back door of KL?

I had never considered the Rosby angle. Might happen.

It's an interesting idea. Holding Rosby and Stokeworth might very well be crucial, if King's Landing is besieged again.

However, I don't believe Lollys is of the vengeful kind. And starving a whole city to punish 50 rapists is a bit too extreme.

Edit: Another problem I have with your theory is that it requires two Lordships to be in the hands of one single Lord (or, in this case, Lady). This was normal IRL, but it doesn't seem to happen at all in Westeros.

It's an interesting idea. Holding Rosby and Stokeworth might very well be crucial, if King's Landing is besieged again.

However, I don't believe Lollys is of the vengeful kind. And starving a whole city to punish 50 rapists is a bit too extreme.

I rather think Bronn will bring the people that mocked her to justice: the KL-court.

Though you might be right, she probably will forgive them all, she's too kind for this grrth...

I rather think Bronn will bring the people that mocked her to justice: the KL-court.

Though you might be right, she probably will forgive them all, she's too kind for this grrth...

They'd have to find them first. From what I could gather, no one really knows who they were. In the middle of a riot, with the crowds going completely wild, it would be impossible to tell who were the men that raped Lollys. And I doubt even Lollys would be able to identify them.

They'd have to find them first. From what I could gather, no one really knows who they were. In the middle of a riot, with the crowds going completely wild, it would be impossible to tell who were the men that raped Lollys. And I doubt even Lollys would be able to identify them.

But I'm not talking about her rapists, yes those are almost unfindable.

I'm talking about Lollys getting the upperhand over her bullies for once man, look at how people treated her even before the riots happened.

I have to disagree with the original post. I seem to remember GRRM saying that their were some characters that were depicted better in the show than in the books (Bronn, Osha, are the ones I can think of right now). I think he may take this as an opportunity to expand upon a character that he was done with, but I think the original intent of the character was to have his tale end at him going from cuttthroat sellsword to lord

I have to disagree with the original post. I seem to remember GRRM saying that their were some characters that were depicted better in the show than in the books (Bronn, Osha, are the ones I can think of right now). I think he may take this as an opportunity to expand upon a character that he was done with, but I think the original intent of the character was to have his tale end at him going from cuttthroat sellsword to lord

That may have been his original intent, but GRRM has stated that the story has grown in the telling of it, and he needs to find ways to make his overall plot fit in with little events explaining it along the way. We now Bronn has been collecting sellswords, and we also know that he is near to some of the vale tribesmen, and that multiple people will hold the iron throne before the end of the story. All of this adds up to Bronn being forced to fight for someone, or against someone at some point.

I don't think Bronn is going to get Rosby. The authorities in KL will decide who gets that one, and they won't give it to Bronn. I do agree that he'll be important in the next leg of fights for the throne, though. He'll sell his allegiance to the highest bidder, which may or may not be the same side that Tyrion is on.

I wonder if Bronn feels a bit of remorse after declining to fight for Tyrion. I mean, he had all the reasons to not doing and I think even Tyrion understood that he wouldn't risk his life in such way for him. Both Bronn and Tyrion keep thinking about each other in good terms, so, I guess that Bronn will definitely support the side that is bringing Tyrion home, probably Dany.

But I'm not talking about her rapists, yes those are almost unfindable.

I'm talking about Lollys getting the upperhand over her bullies for once man, look at how people treated her even before the riots happened.

I see. She's not really the type to do that.

Minor quibble: Tyrion is not with Dany. They have never met, there is no guarantee they will meet, there is no guarantee she will take him, or he will want her to take him, and confounding expectations is GRRM's forte.

Otherwise, great theory! I like the way you explore the strategic significance of Stokeworth and Rosby during winter and war. That section of AFFC was a bit "WTF?" for me, as the lordships are minor and don't involve many men.

he hasn't come this far to stop now. this is the next step. I don't know if we'll see him leave one Targ for another, maybe the Targs will be more of a package deal than that for the most part (in the early "takeover stage" of things). But the ones on their way up are who Bronn will be linked with, because he's one of them. I don't think he starves the city because he knows his enemy isn't the populace. But it's definitely a thing to use as leverage and a way to get the people to turn to Aegon if that's who can feed them while the queen can't.

I thought it was settled knowledge that Bronn was really the secret son of Arthur Dayne, thus explaining why he is such a badass warrior? And he will assume lordships of Stokeworth and Rosby, then claim his heritage at Starfall, hook up with his badass cousin the Dorkstar, and they will use poison darts to go to their summer home in the Neck?

Bronn's gathering sellswords to defend himself for when someone in power comes after him to cut him down to size. ie, Cersei. For now, that immediate threat is mollified, but he still knows that he will most likely need to defend the gains he has currently made. Him being placed in a strategic castle just south of KL is the most direct clue we have to his next situation - when the GC and Aegon are coming to KL, they will be passing through Bronn's lands. And Bronn has no allegiance to anyone, with the outside possibility of Tyrion. I dont think there is any doubt Bronn will like the look of the GC and their leader, and will strike a deal with them.

Archived