ASOIAF Elimination Game Topics for Consideration

honeyed chicken

How about favourite legendary character, with options like the Night's King, Jonquil or Serwyn of the Mirror Shield?

It's a good topic and was last done in Sept. of 2013: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97157-rebooted-asoiaf-elimination-game-vii-legendary-heroes/

Here's the rebooted registry so you can see the last 30 game topics we've done. There's also a link to an older registry. I've been meaning to fold the two into one, but that's a big project for later. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/92560-rebooted-asoiaf-elimination-game-registry-thread/?hl=%2Belimination+%2Bgames+%2Bregistry

when you get to the rebooted registry page, scroll down to posts 15-17. That's where I've got the list updated (mostly) and current.

• 2 weeks later...

HC. I like your Westerosi employment list.

Thanks, what ones did I forget?

:agree:

I guess it should be grand maester instead of grand master, though, and you missed the job that might be my favourite, alchemist.

Thanks for catching that Yomi! :) I'll fix it. And thanks for reminding me of the alchemists! Anybody else I forgot? I feel like there are jobs in each of the regions that don't exist elsewhere that I could add: gold miner in Casterly Rock, ferryman in the Riverlands, rose gardener in Highgarden, etc. One could get a little creative.

Headsman!

He was one of the guys I thought of right of the bat, but when it came to sitting down & writing I forgot.

I'm about to start* a list for Essos, but I probably won't make it to 30 without a lot of help.

*I take that back. Hope to get to it eventually, but not now. Anybody else want to tackle it? :)

Well, there are lots of other jobs, yes...

Miller

Street vendor (like Hot Pie before he left KL to join the NW)

Dyer

Maid/servant

LC of the kingsguard (depending on how specific you want to be)

King's master of laws

King's master of ships

NW, first steward (depending on how specific you want to be)

NW, first builder (depending on how specific you want to be)

and there are probably many more...

But what about our annual 'All I want for Christmas from Westeros is...' ?

Definitely.

Should I start a list or do you want to, Bex?

eta

I kicked it off and did something a little different. I only put one thing on the list and attached my initials to it. Thought it might be fun if each EG player put forth their own thing they'd like to get and it'll be optional whether anyone attaches their name to the item they want. If I end up being the only one, I will take mine off, of course.

Well, there are lots of other jobs, yes...

Miller

Street vendor (like Hot Pie before he left KL to join the NW)

Dyer

Maid/servant

LC of the kingsguard (depending on how specific you want to be)

King's master of laws

King's master of ships

NW, first steward (depending on how specific you want to be)

NW, first builder (depending on how specific you want to be)

and there are probably many more...

Excellent work, Yomi! I will edit these in right away.

I still have not started on the Essos list, so if you have any ideas for that one that you want to share, it would be a beautiful thing. :)

eta

That has changed. I started in on the Essos jobs list thinking it would be hard to get to 30. Not so. The list is at 44 jobs now and I have not gotten to Meereen, Qarth, or Volantis yet. It was easy because I used the Wiki which is not always helpful, but it was full of good stuff about Braavos. Whoever wrote those pages did a very good job. It also makes me think my Westeros list could use a bit of the Wiki treatment. There are probably some very good jobs that I forgot. For example, I barely touched the Citadel & Oldtown or Pyke and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more of a note to self than anything.

Family Feuds

Is it a doable topic - are there enough?

- Jon/Catelyn

- Tyrion/Tywin

- Sandor/Gregor Clegane

- Arya/Sansa

- Tyrion/Cersei

- Dany/Viserys

- Pyp/Grenn ("We're all brothers on the Wall." yeah, it's weak . . . )

- Samwell/Dickon Tarly

- Black Walder/Edwyn Frey

- Edmure Tully/Robb Stark

- Catelyn/Robb Stark

- Catelyn Tully Stark/Lysa Tully Arryn

- Sand Snakes/Doran Martell

- Arianne/Doran Martell

- Stannis/Renly Baratheon

- Stannis/Robert Baratheon

- Aerys/Rhaegar Targaryen

that's only 17, but it was off the top of my head on the spur of the moment. It's enough to make me think this is doable with a bit more thought.

- Asha/Theon Greyjoy

- Balon/Theon Greyjoy

- Euron/Victarion Greyjoy

- Cregan/Alys Karstark

- Sansa Stark/Jon Snow

over twenty!

- Ramsay Snow Bolton/Domeric Bolton

- Jeor/Jorah Mormont

25. Samwell/Randyll Tarly

- Aerion/Aegon Targaryen (Aerion could be matched against almost anyone of his family)

- Baelor Breakspear/Prince Maekar Targaryen

- Cersei/Jamie Lannister

- Lysa/Jon Arryn

30. Wylla/Wynafryd Manderly

will post!

This is more of a note to self than anything.

Family Feuds

Is it a doable topic - are there enough?

- Jon/Catelyn

- Tyrion/Tywin

- Sandor/Gregor Clegane

- Arya/Sansa

- Tyrion/Cersei

- Dany/Viserys

- Pyp/Grenn ("We're all brothers on the Wall." yeah, it's weak . . . )

- Samwell/Dickon Tarly

- Black Walder/Edwyn Frey

- Edmure Tully/Robb Stark

- Catelyn/Robb Stark

- Catelyn Tully Stark/Lysa Tully Arryn

- Sand Snakes/Doran Martell

- Arianne/Doran Martell

- Stannis/Renly Baratheon

- Stannis/Robert Baratheon

- Aerys/Rhaegar Targaryen

that's only 17, but it was off the top of my head on the spur of the moment. It's enough to make me think this is doable with a bit more thought.

- Asha/Theon Greyjoy

- Balon/Theon Greyjoy

- Euron/Victarion Greyjoy

- Cregan/Alys Karstark

- Sansa Stark/Jon Snow

over twenty!

- Ramsay Snow Bolton/Domeric Bolton

- Jeor/Jorah Mormont

25. Samwell/Randyll Tarly

- Aerion/Aegon Targaryen (Aerion could be matched against almost anyone of his family)

- Baelor Breakspear/Prince Maekar Targaryen

- Cersei/Jamie Lannister

- Lysa/Jon Arryn

30. Wylla/Wynafryd Manderly

will post!

I'm not sure I'ld even consider some of these fueds though. Sure they've all been at odds with each other, but what family doesn't. Also, we've seen some of these pairings co-operate with each other.

Also, I'ld replace Sansa and Jon Snow with Hoster and Brynden Tully.

I'm not sure I'ld even consider some of these fueds though. Sure they've all been at odds with each other, but what family doesn't. Also, we've seen some of these pairings co-operate with each other.

Also, I'ld replace Sansa and Jon Snow with Hoster and Brynden Tully.

Hoster & Brynden is a good one.

Sansa v Jon Snow is more on a statement on where her head's at in the beginning, it's true. Later, at the Eyrie, she is reminded of Jon by something Lysa says (iirc) and thinks of him almost wistfully.

Some of the pairings further down the list are pretty sketchy, but I think there are enough strong in house battles to make a good game.

• 4 months later...

Some more:

Arianne/Quentyn (it's one sided but still, it's a 'feud' )

I need to look up the names, but I think it's Black Walder and Edwyn Frey. Would have to check.

Again, need to check the name, but the Hunter brothers.

Axell Florentine/Alester Florent

Joffrey/Tommen

Joffrey/Tyrion

Olenna Tyrell was Joffrey's relative by marriage when she killed him.

Cat/Lysa

Olenna/Joffrey is a stretch.

If Sam has a feud with someone in his family, it is Randyll, not Dickon.

Historically, Maegor definitely had a feud (putting it lightly) with his nephews and nieces by his brother Aenys (and Aenys' wife Alyssa).

Then there's Aegon the Unworthy and Daeron the Good/Naerys and Aemon the Dragonknight.

And of course, the Blackfyre rebellions were one big family feud: Daeron vs Daemon Blackfyre, Bloodraven vs Bittersteel. ...

Baelor the Blessed can be said to have had a feud with his sisters, particularly Daena.

Another one - the two Fossoway cousins from The Hedge Knight.

And how about some of the most obvious:

Dany and Viserys

Damphair and Euron

Sansa and Jon never had a feud. And Sansa and Arya were just a childish spat, unlike most of these (some of which include civil wars or murder).

Archived