Why is Tystane Martell heir of Dorne? on the show?

Black Dragons

Tywin/Arya

Tywin: "Such a nice girl!"

Random western: "My lord, may I ask you a question?"

"Right"

"You see, we have a northern girl here, she can read and speak like a highborn girl."

"I already noticied this"

"Good, so what is a highborn northern girl doing all the way south? She is probably from Ned Stark's retinue, she maybe related to some of Robb Stark's bannermen! Shoudl we capture her and..."

"..."

"...I'll leave."

From what we can see from the casting of Dorne that no character besides Doran is going to be the same as they are in the books.

The Trystane we will see in s5, will be a completely different character. Will they make him take over fAegon's role? Possibly, but that could lead to future problems, and really hope this doesnt happen as I really hope we still get YG. Some people are saying he will take over Quentyn's role, I dont think so as that would mean Doran would be without an heir, as they have already decided to cut Arianne (who would be perfect for a HBO show). Also there are hints that the Sons of Harpy will release the Dragons which would be better. I think we will see a Myrcella coup, but where else are they going to take Trystane I have no clue.

Them including 3 Sand Snakes instead of cutting one and including Arianne still makes no sense to me, but anyways looks like we will have 3 beautiful bastard daughters with short tempers. Thought they would have had a actress that was a little taller for Obara. Regardless of how important they will be in the future, D&D are riding on the popularity of Oberyn. As for people complaining that they cast actors with a pale skin tone/or not olive skin or latino skin tone about them, they can always make the actors skin look a little darker like with Ellaria Sand, so they could do that with Trystane, and other Sand Snakes and give them more of an exotic look. I think we will get a Aero Hotah with more of a personality and may have a bigger role than he has in the books

But what it looks like we will be getting a different set of Dorne characters then we were used to

I think the Sand Snakes will be used in fight scenes and emulate the badassery that Oberyn had already brought to the series in order to keep the hype going. Arianne is more political, and we already have that with Doran and, possibly, Trystane, depending on where they want to take his character.

Well given GRRM's own views on fan fiction it's understandable...

What are his views on fan fiction? I would like to know. I always thought he was fairly relaxed about this stuff, like with his "books are the books, show is the show" comment.

What are his views on fan fiction? I would like to know. I always thought he was fairly relaxed about this stuff, like with his "books are the books, show is the show" comment.

He's very much against fan-fiction. The show isn't in that category though; it's an adaptation to the visual medium, and an adaptation where he has a decent amount of input compared to how it could have been. Though it's interesting that he's tried to distance himself from it in some interviews this past year.

He's very much against fan-fiction. The show isn't in that category though; it's an adaptation to the visual medium, and an adaptation where he has a decent amount of input compared to how it could have been. Though it's interesting that he's tried to distance himself from it in some interviews this past year.

Very interesting, thanks. Yeah, it really isn't comparable at all. His issue is lack of approval, which obviously isn't the case for the adaptation.

Those smilies were my reaction when you said the show doesn't waste time on pointless scenes and filler. :rofl:

*cough* Ros - Podrick the sex god - 70% of King's Landing in season 3 - Craster's Keep - Tywin/Arya (sorry, no matter how many people liked them, they lead nowhere and we're ultimately pointless) - the entire Qarth storyline - half of the Arya/Sandor stuff in season 4 - cousin Orson - Mel having sex with Gendry - almost every brothel scene ever...

This had so much potential, if only D&D had the brains to see their adjustments through till the end.

I'll never understand the Sandsnakes casting, nor Tyene's double daggers.

I have heard that THEY are making Tyene( who is blondie in books) into Oberyn and Ellaria's daughter that why casting her with dark hair. In books Tyene was daughter of Oberyn and of a Septa who knew about poisons like father not daggers

Archived