How Did Euron Get A Dragon Egg?

Lion Of The Night

Euron has been traveling for a while since he was first exiled by his brother. He claims to have traveled to the ruins of Valyria, and to Asshai. More importantly he claims that he had a dragon egg, but while he was in a bad mood, tossed it overboard.

Now general consensus tells us that he was lying about that. That he used the egg as payment to the Faceless Men to kill Balon. Now this does make sense, as dragon eggs are valuable. But the question remains, where did he get the egg in the first place?

Valyria or Asshai seems like the obvious answer. But it seems a bit too lucky. Did he even have an egg? Or did he promise the Faceless Men something else? Something he needs to retrieve at Oldtown? Or if he did indeed have an egg how did he get it in a way that isn't Deus Ex Machina?

He stole it for Gerion Lannister, who found it in the ruins of Old Valyria.

It is known.

I highly doubt that. If Gerion did make then he would still be alive or what would be the point?

He's a pirate. He stole it. Not sure from whom, but he definitely stole it.

Ok, it's possible he actually bought the thing...at knife point...for free. There are still dragon eggs in Asshai, so that's the likely origin.

I think that's the most likely explanation. How did he get his hands on riches? He steals them from ships.

I highly doubt that. If Gerion did make then he would still be alive or what would be the point?

I think that's the most likely explanation. How did he get his hands on riches? He steals them from ships.

Well, he was alive, until Euron killed him and stole his stuff.

I'm not married to this theory or anything, but it makes such a great story that I like to repeat it.

And I don't think Euron had time to do even half of the stuff he boastfully claims to do in the scant three years he's been gone.

Well, he was alive, until Euron killed him and stole his stuff.

I'm not married to this theory or anything, but it makes such a great story that I like to repeat it.

And I don't think Euron had time to do even half of the stuff he boastfully claims to do in the scant three years he's been gone.

We have no confirmation, and why would Euron sail that close to the Smoking Sea? Gerion being killed by Euron would contribute nothing to the story.

Euron has been reaving in more than just those three years. Many Ironmen reave throughout their lifetimes.

We have no confirmation, and why would Euron sail that close to the Smoking Sea? Gerion being killed by Euron would contribute nothing to the story.

Euron has been reaving in more than just those three years. Many Ironmen reave throughout their lifetimes.

Euron claimed to actually set foot on Valyria, so I don't know what you mean by "why he would sail so close to the Smoking Sea?"

“A smile played across Euron’s blue lips. “I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last. I have taken the Silence on longer voyages than this, and ones far more hazardous. Have you forgotten? I have sailed the Smoking Sea and seen Valyria.”

Then the Reader calls him on his BS and Euron literally and hilariously ignores the question and starts talking about selling slaves.

Every man there knew that the Doom still ruled Valyria. The very sea there boiled and smoked, and the land was overrun with demons. It was said that any sailor who so much as glimpsed the fiery mountains of Valyria rising above the waves would soon die a dreadful death, yet the Crow’s Eye had been there, and returned.

“Have you?” the Reader asked, so softly.

Euron’s blue smile vanished. “Reader,” he said into the quiet, “you would do well to keep your nose in your books.”

Victarion could feel the unease in the hall. He pushed himself to his feet. “Brother,” he boomed. “You have not answered Harlaw’s questions.”

Euron shrugged. “The price of slaves is rising. We will sell our slaves in Lys and Volantis. That, and the plunder we have taken here, will give us sufficient gold to buy provisions.”

“Are we slavers now?” asked the Reader. “And for what? Dragons that no man here has seen? Shall we chase some drunken sailor’s fancy to the far ends of the earth?”

OP, you do realize nobody has any actual knowledge towards if he actually ever had an egg, never mind specifically where and how he theoretically obtained it. Any and all theories regarding this are and would be fan fiction more or less.

Of course.

But the whole stole a dragon's egg, used the dragon's egg to pay the Faceless Men to off Balon thing is just such a great just-so story that it's hard to resist.

And adding Gerion Lannister just makes it that much better.

OP, you do realize nobody has any actual knowledge towards if he actually ever had an egg, never mind specifically where and how he theoretically obtained it. Any and all theories regarding this are and would be fan fiction more or less.

Theories are not fan fiction. Learn the difference.

Also found this:

“And so shall we,” Euron Greyjoy promised. “That horn you heard I found amongst the smoking ruins that were Valyria, where no man has dared to walk but me. You heard its call, and felt its power. It is a dragon horn, bound with bands of red gold and Valyrian steel graven with enchantments. The dragonlords of old sounded such horns, before the Doom devoured them. With this horn, ironmen, I can bind dragons to my will.”

So yeah. Euron actually claims to have set actual foot on Valyria. :bs:

And I always got the impression he only got all weird and blue lipped in those three years. I could have read it wrong.

Another gap scrap casualty, probably.

Also found this:

So yeah. Euron actually claims to have set actual foot on Valyria. :bs:

And I always go the impression he only got all weird and blue lipped in those three years. I could have read it wrong.

And other gap scrap casualty, probably.

I don't have the app, but I read that it confirms that Euron got the horn (and the nightshade) from the warlocks he captured

What. An. Asshole.

Really, out of all the character in this huge universe, I think I sympathize with him the least.

Aww, I rather like the crazy evil pirate!

But of course, assuming the app does say this and I'm not making it up, then the warlocks/Undying deserve a Darwin Award for not using the horn when Dany was right there with their dragons (unless of course, they didn't have the horn back then, which is just a conveniently lame explanation)

Archived