Who do you believe the valonqar is?

Alysanne.Stark

Hi everyone, new to posting in the forums! :smug:

Just wanted to point out a theory I'd read somewhere else, but I'm not sure f it was here!

Why did Maggy choose to use the High Valyrian word 'valonqar', instead of the common tongue 'little brother'? Someone suggested that it might be because the 'little brother' in question is of Valyrian descent. Now this could mean it is Aegon, if he truly is Aegon and not a Blackfyre descendant, because we all know the Targs are from Valyria. But I've kinda just realised that if R + L = J, then it could be Jon as well (as AAR)?

Why would Maggy use High Valyrian if it didnt have anything to do with it?

Anyway, I just wanna learn about everyone else's theories as well!

The main reason is so that we wouldn't know who Cersei's killer will be for sure until it happens.

Blackfyres are Targs, so Aegon Blackfyre could still be the valonqar if he has an older sibling.

Those who fit with the addition of a Valyrian heritage requirement:

1. Aegon, real or fake

2. Jon

3. Stannis

4. Jaime if he's half-Targ

5. Tyrion if he's half-Targ

6. Possibly Daario Naharis, if he has the bloodline, and is a younger brother.

7. Brown Ben with his "two drops" of dragon blood, if he's a younger brother.

8. Varys (who I think is a Targ) if he is a younger brother.

I think Loras Tyrell is "the little brother" of the series.

If Loras is not so hurt as Aurane Waters said (which is very possible), he can get out of Dragonstone when he finish his business with whatever dragon stuff he found. Then he can be back in King's Landing and be really mad at Cersei for hurting Margaery.

He's got a personal coat of arms with three golden roses on a field of green indicating his position as a third son. Loras is "the little brother" even when Margaery is one year older. That would be the tricky/interesting part of the twisted prophecy. ;)

ETA: By the way, Loras is in the perfect position to do it because he is a Kingsguard.

This is almost like "the butler did it!" or the praetorian guard killing the emperor.

i think its aegon, he allready has kevan down, has mycrella in dorne, which will likely hold her hostage once they join him and is in a position to assualt cersei and tommen

and he is a little brother, blackfyre or not.

Here's a little crackpot: Bloodraven

"They never grow out of it, she decided. A little brother may live to be a hundred, but he will always be a little brother."

how will bloodraven kill tommen mycrella or cersei?

As someone else put it, Tyrion seems to be Cersei's red herring while Jaime might be the reader's red herring.

Valonqar is purposefully vague. The prophecy doesn't even clearly state that it's cersei's valonqar, so just about any younger sibling would fit, plus symbolic ones. On top of that we learned indirectly from Aemon that valyrian is gender neutral so if Daenerys can be the 'prince' that was promised, then it's possible the valonqar is is also a woman.

So really, the list of suspects is damn long.

how will bloodraven kill tommen mycrella or cersei?

I don't know, with magic? :dunno: That's why it's a crackpot

Un-Jaime

I lean towards this, only I think it's going to be wight!Jaime, strangling her like Waymar Royce strangled Will in the aGoT prologue

I think Loras Tyrell is "the little brother" of the series.

If Loras is not so hurt as Aurane Waters said (which is very possible), he can get out of Dragonstone when he finish his business with whatever dragon stuff he found. Then he can be back in King's Landing and be really mad at Cersei for hurting Margaery.

He's got a personal coat of arms with three golden roses on a field of green indicating his position as a third son. Loras is "the little brother" even when Margaery is one year older. That would be the tricky/interesting part of the twisted prophecy. ;)

ETA: By the way, Loras is in the perfect position to do it because he is a Kingsguard.

This is almost like "the butler did it!" or the praetorian guard killing the emperor.

I like this theory, Cersei had Ser Robert Strong named to the Kingsguard on the basis that Ser Loras was dying so he could be replaced. However all the events at Dragonstone happen off page and we only hear them through the grapevine. What if the Loras situation is similar to the AFFC Davos news, where everybody thinks he's dead or close to death, but in reality the news is skewed and Loras is actually alright. This leaves RS to crush whoever the faiths champion will be, but when Loras comes back the Faith will deem that Cersei had no right to name RS to the Kingsguard while Loras lived, thus sentencing Cersei to die :cool4:

As someone else put it, Tyrion seems to be Cersei's red herring while Jaime might be the reader's red herring.

Valonqar is purposefully vague. The prophecy doesn't even clearly state that it's cersei's valonqar, so just about any younger sibling would fit, plus symbolic ones. On top of that we learned indirectly from Aemon that valyrian is gender neutral so if Daenerys can be the 'prince' that was promised, then it's possible the valonqar is is also a woman.

So really, the list of suspects is damn long.

I think it is a huge stretch to conclude that the entire high valyrian language is gender neutral based on what Aemon said. At best the HV word for "prince" or as some have argued "dragon" is gender neutral.

Littlefinger. He was like a little brother to Cat and Lysa, and Maggie never specifies that it would be Cersei's valonqar, just the valonqar. It could be anybody who is a little brother, literally or figuratively.

I can see LF emerging from the shadows after all of Cersei's children are dead and gloating about how he killed Joffrey and then choking her to death.

Archived