Dunk and Egg Miniseries

Trogdor Targaryen

I think that there needs to be an animated series based on the Dunk and Egg stories. Unfortunately, I am not very skilled at ANY visual art, so I am asking if any of you have any measurable talent at creating animation? I think this would make explaining dunk and Egg to the show watchers a bit easier, and perhaps some topics they don't understand at all right now will not continue to be so foreign to them, such as the situation with the Blackfyres, or Aerion, or even Bloodraven(who's show introduction was EXTREMELY lacking, if you ask me.

I can already see certain scenes from the series, such as a scene with Dunk and lady Rohanne cutting off as Dunk pulls his knife, then the scene shifting to Egg as Dunk is walking up with a dumb smile on his face, holding her braid, as well as other scenes.

Or, if I'm mistaken, and such a thing DOES exist, then could you redirect me

Per GRRM:

There has been interest, yes, but the rights situation is complicated. Film and television rights to the characters and the three published Dunk & Egg stories remain with me at present... but HBO, when acquiring the rights to the SONG OF ICE & FIRE novels, also acquired film and television rights to the world of Westeros. So if we did Dunk & Egg with anyone else, we would need to remove all the references to House Targaryen, the Iron Throne, etc... not completely impossible, but certainly undesireable. Whereas if HBO decided they wanted to make a Dunk & Egg miniseries or TV movies, they'd first need to buy the stories. That's a much more attractive proposition for all concerned, I think... but if it happens, it will happen years from now, not tomorrow, and not next week.

Yeah, an animated series would be fantastic

Best way to get the jousting and Trial of Seven properly adapted to the screen, outside of maybe a tv movie with a huge budget. GoT action is great for tv, but animation just has the natural advantage there and would probably surpass, if it's faithfully adapted, everything D&D have done in terms of swordfights/action.

I have been wanting a Dunk & Egg mini series since before the first episode aired, the Hedge Knight was the first thing I read in this series.

I still think a 3 episode mini series for each story that airs a few months after each season would be awesome.

Where is my Dunk & Egg mini series HBO? Who must I kill for you?

... or even Bloodraven(who's show introduction was EXTREMELY lacking, if you ask me.

I agree! They included the line, "1,000 eyes and one," but he has TWO eyes! This line doesn't make sense with Bloodraven having two eyes... the actor is clearly wearing makeup, it wouldn't be hard to just cover one of his eyes! It adds nothing to his character giving him two, as almost everyone has two, and having one is a key part of his character in the books! >:(

I agree! They included the line, "1,000 eyes and one," but he has TWO eyes! This line doesn't make sense with Bloodraven having two eyes... the actor is clearly wearing makeup, it wouldn't be hard to just cover one of his eyes! It adds nothing to his character giving him two, as almost everyone has two, and having one is a key part of his character in the books! > :(

Anyone who has watched "Boardwalk Empire" knows that HBO can do a missing eye http://undertheboardwalkdownbythesea.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/richard-harrow.jpg

Archived