Season 5 predicted deaths (BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

Selyse Baratheon

Melisandre told Selyse that Shireen will be needed at the wall,maybe Mel knows Stannis would never burn his daughter but he would burn his wife if she ever tried to kill his little girl.

Melisandre is gona use Shireen as a tool to get Selyse in the flames

Selyse Baratheon

Melisandre told Selyse that Shireen will be needed at the wall,maybe Mel knows Stannis would never burn his daughter but he would burn his wife if she ever tried to kill his little girl.

Melisandre is gona use Shireen as a tool to get Selyse in the flames

Selyse is a Florent and has no king's blood.

I'm guessing Arya. They will have caught up to the books and they don't seem to want to make original content for her. It may be in their best interest to axe the character so as to not offend any book fans with new story next year (or to give the character a hiatus until GRRM finishes writing new content.)

Shireen. She's had a lot of screen time and I feel like the purpose of the Stannis & Shireen scene was to pave the way for her death and Stannis' heartbreak. I hope it's before episode 10 since I want to see how powerful this king's blood truly is.

And Jorah will get greyscale. I hope he plays Griff and lives his end days hiding his condition and fighting for Dany. (Perhaps even fulfilling Dany's vision by being that corpse on the deck of ship with a smile on his grey lips.) He can't be killed yet since Dany's story is now left with only Missandei and Daario.

Shireen. She's had a lot of screen time and I feel like the purpose of the Stannis & Shireen scene was to pave the way for her death and Stannis' heartbreak. I hope it's before episode 10 since I want to see how powerful this king's blood truly is.

And Jorah will get greyscale. I hope he plays Griff and lives his end days hiding his condition and fighting for Dany. (Perhaps even fulfilling Dany's vision by being that corpse on the deck of ship with a smile on his grey lips.) He can't be killed yet since Dany's story is now left with only Missandei and Daario.

A lot of screentime is probably a good thing. I'd be more worried for those who get less and less.

I'm guessing Arya. They will have caught up to the books and they don't seem to want to make original content for her. It may be in their best interest to axe the character so as to not offend any book fans with new story next year (or to give the character a hiatus until GRRM finishes writing new content.)

That's not gonna happen. They'll continue with the characters' TWOW material regardless of whether or not G.R.R.M. is able the finish the book by next year.

That's not gonna happen. They'll continue with the characters' TWOW material regardless of whether or not G.R.R.M. is able the finish the book by next year.

From a practical and objective standpoint, though, I disagree. They will want to add more storylines, as they do each season. There is nothing for Arya and continuing to shoot Braavos is costly for a character who is going nowhere with regards to the main plot. It would take too much time to map up a plan for a character so removed from the major players of the show and I cannot think of any downsides to axing her or any negative effects it would have on the other plotlines. Plus, the showrunners and actors have said that they were going to kill off characters that are still alive in the books.

From a practical and objective standpoint, though, I disagree. They will want to add more storylines, as they do each season. There is nothing for Arya and continuing to shoot Braavos is costly for a character who is going nowhere with regards to the main plot. It would take too much time to map up a plan for a character so removed from the major players of the show and I cannot think of any downsides to axing her or any negative effects it would have on the other plotlines. Plus, the showrunners and actors have said that they were going to kill off characters that are still alive in the books.

I doubt they were referring to characters with Arya's level of significance. If they were to abruptly kill her off without before she's able to impact the story line in any significant way, it would make all the previous scenes sent on developing her character completely pointless. Viewers haven't invested nearly as much time in Mance or Ser Barristan.

I doubt they were referring to characters with Arya's level of significance. If they were to abruptly kill her off without before she's able to impact the story line in any significant way, it would make all the previous scenes sent on developing her character completely pointless. Viewers haven't invested nearly as much time in Mance or Ser Barristan.

Ser Barristan was way more significant than Arya, I'd say. He's a part of the Dany plot and he served Dany's father. He is an important connection. More than some orphan in a far off continent.

Also, Arya's character was already used to develop Tywin and the Hound. That's enough use of the character in itself.

I'm to the point that I'm almost happy D&D killed of Barry because they clearly weren't giving the character his due in the portrayal. He basically had one bad ass moment in the throne room and a bunch of forced exposition. Not that he isn't the king of exposition in the books but you catch my drift.

Ser Barristan was more significant than Arya in the same way that Greyworm is more significant than Dany and Third White Walker On The Left is more significant than Jon Snow.

This. I think Arya is pretty much safe until the last season/book.

As many others have mentioned, I can definitely see Bronn literally getting axed off while fulfilling an Okheart-ish role.

Meryn Trant is a given.

Now that Shireen is setting off with the rest of Team Dragonstone, I'm not sure if I should be reassured or more concerned about safety.

Loras is a possibility, but if Willas or Garlan ever become significant in the books, I can see him taking over their role.

I don't necessarily think they'll do this, but they might pull a Purple Wedding and leave Jon's "death" for early season six. If the vast majority of the fandom is correct, and Jon isn't gone for good, I'm not sure how they'd be able to hide Kit Harrington's involvement.

Archived