Season 5 predicted deaths (BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

Jorah with Greyscale means he's dead, though it may take some time. I still wonder if he won't get torched by Drogon in the pits.

I think so too, but since I believe JonCon exists to be Patient Zero for a greyscale plague in Westeros, I think show Jorah will take JonCon's place, survive until Dany gets to Westeros, and be the one to start the plague.

If Bronn gets his slow, poisoning death instead of the axe then he gets to be locked up with Jaime, telling him a few home truths about Cersei. I can imagine him telling Jaime not to kill Tyrion, as he doesn't deserve it, but Cersei on the other hand .....

Jaime doesn't have the pal/buddy friendship with Bronn that Tyrion had, but all their scenes have been showing Jaime that Bronn is straightforward, very insightful and doesn't pull punches. Hearing a few home truths about Cersei from a dying Bronn who has nothing to lose might be where Jaime finally turns away from her.

Varys cant die. Whos gonna kill Kevan Lannister?

Littlefinger.

Varys is still in Essos. Do you people who expect Varys to still kill Kevan really think Varys is going to be like "Welp, I lost my 'man of talent', guess I'll just pack up and go home now." I actually expect Varys to end up in Meereen by the end of the season.

So that leaves Littlefinger, who very conveniently is back in KL now (which is not where he is in the books), to off Kevan and Pycelle and keep his carefully manuafactured schemes in place. You already saw this a bit with Brienne, how much malice Littlefinger showed her because he saw her as a potential spanner in his plans. Petyr does not like people messing up his plans, and he will make sure it doesn't happen.

I think so too, but since I believe JonCon exists to be Patient Zero for a greyscale plague in Westeros, I think show Jorah will take JonCon's place, survive until Dany gets to Westeros, and be the one to start the plague.

Could be I suppose.

There has been quotes from actors aying there is a scene that is as shocking as the red wedding. I think Tyrion could play the roll of "dragon tamer" and get burnt alive. That's pretty shocking!

Also, if Jamie dies at the hands of LS in the books I think it would be logical that the only Kingsguard in Dorne looking for redemption in the show will die saving the princess. Although if the actor that plays Bronn is trying to focus on his music career, it would be a good time to send him off.

In the north, I think the GNC is playing out with the locals and a Bolton may die because of it.

Jon may be stabbed at the end of the season and spend most of season 6 in ghost, thus not having to be on set and "spoiling his return". I think we will absolutley be stabbed this season but I'm undecided on his resserrection happening this season. I mean they brought Tywin back for the beginning of the season (yes I know he isn't nearly as popular as kit) but they could film his pyre in 6.1. I just don't think we will be lucky enough to get closure on Jon Snows fate just yet!

Littlefinger.

Varys is still in Essos. Do you people who expect Varys to still kill Kevan really think Varys is going to be like "Welp, I lost my 'man of talent', guess I'll just pack up and go home now." I actually expect Varys to end up in Meereen by the end of the season.

So that leaves Littlefinger, who very conveniently is back in KL now (which is not where he is in the books), to off Kevan and Pycelle and keep his carefully manuafactured schemes in place. You already saw this a bit with Brienne, how much malice Littlefinger showed her because he saw her as a potential spanner in his plans. Petyr does not like people messing up his plans, and he will make sure it doesn't happen.

According to IMDB, Varys is in episode 10. So is Kevan Lannister. And Littlefinger.... is not.

Jorah has greyscale but that doesn't mean he's going to die right away. It depends on whether they want to give him JonCon's fate in the books (who knows what that will be). But certainly he's always been expendable.

An unsullied at work told me Kit Harrington has confirmed he is in next season of thrones during an interview for his new movie. Probably does not mean too much but I seriously doubt Jon will be out for long or warg into ghost, he's too big a character and the show has not even demonstrated his warg abilities..

Didn't GRRM say there would be 4 deaths of relatively important characters this season who haven't died in the books yet? If so,Mance and Barristan are two and there are two more to come. Northern storyline possibly? Tommen might bite it as well, seeing that the season started with a flashback talking about the death of Cersei's kids so at least one of them has to go.

Really don't want LF to bite the dust, there is still so much more he can contribute to the story..... plus he is the best 'player' in the game of thrones.

If he does die, it will likely be form varys who would have magically traversed the narrow sea to get back to KL--sneak into the capital and find LF.

Ser Barristan was way more significant than Arya, I'd say. He's a part of the Dany plot and he served Dany's father. He is an important connection. More than some orphan in a far off continent.

Also, Arya's character was already used to develop Tywin and the Hound. That's enough use of the character in itself.

Wow. I have no idea how you missed this, but those scenes were for Arya's character development, not the other way around. As another poster already pointed out (it bears repeating, apparently) they will not kill off Arya, or any character of Arya's significance, without some significant payoff in the overall narrative. Think Red Wedding for Robb/Cat or Ned's execution.

Your opinion notwithstanding, Arya is a character with FAR more significance than Barristan Selmy. Maybe she doesn't have as much AGENCY as a character, but that's not the point. If Arya dies, which she may before the series ends, it will not be because she is somewhere away from other characters and doesn't have anything to do at a given moment. Character arcs have crests and troughs, and this season has been something of a trough for her. Doesn't mean she'll die.

My own opinion is that after Arya becomes a Faceless Man, she'll be assigned a contract on one of the main characters in the series. My money is on Daenerys.

Wow. I have no idea how you missed this, but those scenes were for Arya's character development, not the other way around. As another poster already pointed out (it bears repeating, apparently) they will not kill off Arya, or any character of Arya's significance, without some significant payoff in the overall narrative. Think Red Wedding for Robb/Cat or Ned's execution.

Your opinion notwithstanding, Arya is a character with FAR more significance than Barristan Selmy. Maybe she doesn't have as much AGENCY as a character, but that's not the point. If Arya dies, which she may before the series ends, it will not be because she is somewhere away from other characters and doesn't have anything to do at a given moment. Character arcs have crests and troughs, and this season has been something of a trough for her. Doesn't mean she'll die.

My own opinion is that after Arya becomes a Faceless Man, she'll be assigned a contract on one of the main characters in the series. My money is on Daenerys.

The Iron Bank will want to secure their investment in Stannis. It won't be a main character, but Tommen (ok, maybe Cersei too?) that Arya gets contracted to off.

Didn't GRRM say there would be 4 deaths of relatively important characters this season who haven't died in the books yet? If so,Mance and Barristan are two and there are two more to come. Northern storyline possibly? Tommen might bite it as well, seeing that the season started with a flashback talking about the death of Cersei's kids so at least one of them has to go.

Does Meryn Trant count as a relatively important character? If so we might as well just say that there is only one more because this dude is as dead as this poor attempt at a funny simile.

Does Meryn Trant count as a relatively important character? If so we might as well just say that there is only one more because this dude is as dead as this poor attempt at a funny simile.

I had totally forgotten about Meryn Trant! It's safe to say GRRM considers him as relatively important character since he said the same thing about Rakharo who died in the show but is alive in the books.

So only one death of a character who is alive in books unaccounted for. Is it safe to guess we won't see the aftermath of Battle of Ice this season? I'd expect heads to roll in that one.

I think so, and I think #4 will be Bronn.

Archived