Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

Gregor throws silver piece at innkeeper, shouts "she is [a whore] now", rapes his daughter in front of him, murders the son when he tries to intervene, passes her off to his men, and finally demands change from the innkeeper because she wasn't worth a full silver.

Which the innkeeper meekly provides.

And Dunsen (or was it Polliver?) tells it with all the glee and knee-slapping that you'd get with any standard mundane water cooler joke from a co-worker.

I would buy that if it stopped the Blackfyre rebellions but it didn't. There's no proof that Aenys was planning to attack if he wasn't named King

Conversely, there's no proof that Aenys or the rest of the Blackfyres wouldn't have attacked had he came close to winning the vote at the council.

Reading between the lines, I imagine Aenys himself didn't write it to ask to make his claim in person on a whim, and that there were Blackfyre supporters among the lords present. Brynden's actions were as much about making it clear to them what would happen to those that supported the Blackfyres as it was about getting rid of Aenys.

I'm with all things ramsey. Reading theon's chapters makes me feel so sick with sympathy. I can tolerate almost anything, but the amount of torture he undergoes is seriously disturbing. And that his father is probably just as bad...

Also, the fall of kings landing and Elia and her children's murder since it basically only occurred to demonstrate that the Lannister's supported Robert.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I totally forgot about that. That was definitely horrible.

We don't know that the crucified "great masters" were anything besides slaves wrapped up in tokars. Maybe maybe not. Second we don't know that the crucified children were innocent. Slaves have a monetary value so it seems likely that the great masters would stake up the criminals first. So we don't know that the "great masters" were guilty or that the "slaves" were innocent.

I'm still not convinced that it matters.In the words of the one true king of Westeros, "A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward."

I think if you ever have to say we don't know if the crucified CHILDREN were innocent you should rethink your statement.

The people saying "Danys genocide in Astapor" truly have no idea what they're talking about. Stop using unrelated threads as a vent for Dany hate.

My vote, and I can't believe more people aren't saying this, is the Ironborn asshole who mutilated his own mother and then sent her back to CR. His. Own. Mother.

I can't believe Elia and her children aren't mentioned more. That really takes it for me.

Poor poor Elia. Most of the characters who suffer misfortune in ASOIAF either deserved it or brought it upon themselves in some way. Not her though.

Imagine cowering in your bedroom with your child only to hear one of your other children being killed, the door being smashed in by an enormous brutal giant of a man, him ripping your child from your arms, smashing it to the ground, being raped by said giant, before finally having him crush your skull in.

Yeah.. Elia takes it for me. Nothing else is even close

I can't believe Elia and her children aren't mentioned more. That really takes it for me.

Poor poor Elia. Most of the characters who suffer misfortune in ASOIAF either deserved it or brought it upon themselves in some way. Not her though.

Imagine cowering in your bedroom with your child only to hear one of your other children being killed, the door being smashed in by an enormous brutal giant of a man, him ripping your child from your arms, smashing it to the ground, being raped by said giant, before finally having him crush your skull in.

Yeah.. Elia takes it for me. Nothing else is even close

Nothing is even close?

So being taken prisoner by your own son, thinking the boy that you gave birth to will show you mercy, only to have him order your eyelids, tongue, nose, and ears removed with hot pincers and then being shipped back to your family isn't close?

And all you did to deserve it was teach your first born son, the little shit's elder, that maybe his people should try to peacefully coexist with the world and not reave and pillage.

Nothing is even close?

So being taken prisoner by your own son, thinking the boy that you gave birth to will show you mercy, only to have him order your eyelids, tongue, nose, and ears removed with hot pincers and then being shipped back to your family isn't close?

And all you did to deserve it was teach your first born son, the little shit's elder, that maybe his people should try to peacefully coexist with the world and not reave and pillage.

geez.. I never even read that story. Can you give me their names?

Archived