Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

Why are people focusing so much on events that affect only 2 or 3 people top, sure its bad but stuff like that happens 100 times every day.

The real atrocities have to be put down to Tywin Lannister and Aemond Targaryen, considering the scale of the destruction in the Riverlands that they caused I doubt there has ever been any individuals in westeros directly and intentionally responsible for as much death and pain as those two (though Aerys could have come close).

And I would point out before anyone jumps to defend their practises that it was not the standard way in which medieval wars took place, there was always pillaging, and often crops were burned to deny them to the enemy, but armies didn't butcher or enslave every civilian that they came across in medieval Europe, when stuff like that did happen the commanders were criticised harshly for it.

Actually us english did do that in the 100 yesr war to draw the French out from behind there castle walls.

We put whole towns to the torch.

William the conquer also did it to the north when they tried to rebel. He even salted some of there lands if I remember correctly.

Actually us english did do that in the 100 yesr war to draw the French out from behind there castle walls.

We put whole towns to the torch.

William the conquer also did it to the north when they tried to rebel. He even salted some of there lands if I remember correctly.

Don't forget English and Scots were doing exactly samething to each other in the same time period of 100 year war too

Don't forget English and Scots were doing exactly samething to each other in the same time period of 100 year war too

Thats a good point.

The scots raids were rather brutal and so was the english response.

And lets not even get in to the matter of Ireland lol Even Tywin himself would have done a double take on that!

So yeah the riverland atrocitys are certainly not out of place.

• 3 weeks later...

Blood and Cheese was perfectly fine as was the killing of Elia and her children..

The rape of Tysha is the worst I believe and the cruxifixction of the slave children and slave masters

I don't understand a situation where the murder of innocent children (Blood and Cheese/Elia and her children) are fine yet the execution of a number of monstrous slave masters is one of the worst things.

I don't understand a situation where the murder of innocent children (Blood and Cheese/Elia and her children) are fine yet the execution of a number of monstrous slave masters is one of the worst things.

Dude, it's easy. Neither B&C and Elia and her children were killed by Daenerys. If Daenerys does it, it's the work of Shaitan. If anyone else does it, it's okay. You should know that by now, you have been visiting this place for long enough :p

Blood and Cheese was perfectly fine as was the killing of Elia and her children..

The rape of Tysha is the worst I believe and the cruxifixction of the slave children and slave masters

Dude, it's easy. Neither B&C and Elia and her children were killed by Daenerys. If Daenerys does it, it's the work of Shaitan. If anyone else does it, it's okay. You should know that by now, you have been visiting this place for long enough :P

Well at least he grants that the cruxifiction of the slave children was also bad... and I think you can't blame Dany for this.

My vote goes to bloodraven for the whole Aenys Blackfyre thing. Way to ensure that the blackfyres never stop rebelling and that the word of targs is worth fuck all for the rest of time.

Well Jaime gets excused for attempting it ;) (yes, that's my pet peeve right now)

As to the most despicable, I would give two. On a larger/more general scale, I'd say the stuff on the Basilisk Isles :stillsick:

On a more personal/individual level, it's really difficult to decide because there are so many. I'd probably say a toss up between poor Maelor being torn apart by a mob and Rhaenyra being fed to Sunfyre while her son watches. But like I say, so many to pick from :ack:

Archived