Will Jaime kill Tommen?

Balerion's Whiskers

We all know that golden shrouds are prophesied (via Magy) for Cersei's children. So, I was starting a re-read the other day and in aGoT after Bran's fall, Tyrion and Jaime were having a conversation at breakfast while they were still in Winterfell and Tyrion stated that Eddard would go on to King's Landing with the king because there was nothing he would be able do for Bran.

"He could end his torment", Jaime said. "I would, if it were my son. It would be a mercy."

I'm just wondering if Jaime might be faced with this choice at some point...it seems like a definite foreshadowing to me.

Thoughts, anyone?

Nope.

Whoever kills Tommen (and Myrcella) will kill him due to him being the King and an usurper: "Gold shall be their crowns, and gold their shrouds": that pretty much implies that what is dooming Cersei's kids is that she's making them pass as Robert's when they are in fact, Jaime's.

If the kids have been Robert's, then there was no Wot5K and Joffrey would be alive. If Cersei had agreed on taking the kids with her and Jaime as Ned offered, the kids would be probably safer in Essos. They were never meant to wear crowns but that is what puts them now in danger. It is the fact that they are falsely crowned that is making people going to war.

I'm not saying he'd kill him out of malice, but he might have to make a choice to give him the gift of mercy. I absolutely don't think that Jaime would just kill his kids, but if something should happen to Tommen where he was in a similar situation to Bran, would Jaime think it would be a mercy to put him out of his misery. Jaime is a different person now than when he made that statement, but it would be just lik GRRM to put him in a situation where he'd have to make that choice.

Archived