Varys and Ilyrio are commies(read it before you judge it)

myufa

What motivates Varys and Ilyrio? There's only so much money can buy. And they have as much power as they're going to get. Maybe they are like commies. They grew up poor and knew the realities of how the upper class shit on the common people. Maybe their goal is to either give more power to the commons or kill as much nobility as possible without getting caught in their plot. It's kind of like how the communists took the workers rights thing too far and just massacred anyone with money or support for capitalism. Not that they are butchers, but like politicians, they are working within the system to get what they want.

What do you guys think?

Illyrio, a fellow-traveler? Give me a break. The guy is one of the biggest capitalist assholes in the entire series. You might as well argue that Littlefinger is a commie, because he also comes from low birth.

Nope, nope nope. No commies in Westeros. Just power-hungry assholes. And yes, real 'Communists' were power-hungry assholes, too. Look at Stalin and Mao. Taking the reins of a system and channeling the wealth to yourself and your lackeys does not make you a communist, it makes you yet another greedy asshole.

You want to do a hunt for Reds, look at the High Septon. He's dangerous.

And yes, real 'Communists' were power-hungry assholes, too. Look at Stalin and Mao.

Stalin and Mao weren't communists, they were dictators. Just because they call themselves communists doesn't change the fact that they're not.

Westeros is not a totalitarian regime though.

I doubt they want common wealth for the people. Actually, no one knows what on earth they want, because everything they say is a lie. I don't even trust what Varys says about Aegon, even if he had no reason to lie to a dying man. :dunno:

What motivates Varys and Ilyrio? There's only so much money can buy. And they have as much power as they're going to get. Maybe they are like commies. They grew up poor and knew the realities of how the upper class shit on the common people. Maybe their goal is to either give more power to the commons or kill as much nobility as possible without getting caught in their plot. It's kind of like how the communists took the workers rights thing too far and just massacred anyone with money or support for capitalism. Not that they are butchers, but like politicians, they are working within the system to get what they want.

What do you guys think?

You neither understand what communism is nor in most likelihood the motivations of V&I (though those are of course still somewhat obscured, not class warfare though).

What do you guys think?

Dunno. Maybe they are. I don't think so, but that's beside the point. The thing is: it is your idea, after all (read the title of the thread, please), it would be bloody nice if you made a slightest effort to prove it.

What do you guys think?

i think llyrio and varys are capitalist. i think they are more about changing the world away from magic and who has the right blood but more on who has the right ability.

Topic title says V&I are communists. In the body of the post it says maybe they are, but gives no support to that position. Then it asks what others on the forum think.

I think that the basic assertion is flimsy and the post is badly thought out.

Yea in hind sight this was a bad idea

Varys and Illyrio may have humble origins but I don't think all their plotting and scheming is to help the common people. Varys' "for the children" rants is horseshit. Varys and Illyrio are plotting for their own benefit. Illyrio is a trader so I don't think he'll be sympathetic to communism.

Varys and Illyrio may have humble origins but I don't think all their plotting and scheming is to help the common people. Varys' "for the children" rants is horseshit. Varys and Illyrio are plotting for their own benefit. Illyrio is a trader so I don't think he'll be sympathetic to communism.

i think he means it but he means "people like me who have great ability should rise on our great ability to rule instead of blood deciding that incompetent leaders like robert or etc... rule" his own success confirming his own beliefs.

I admit this is a stupid theory, but what could be some motivations for them? Could either of them realistically go any higher? They probably don't need more money.

It's not about money. It's about revenge, about finally succeeding where Daemon and Bittersteel failed. And I think it was also Serra's last will

Also, what's that about the communists butchering the rich? What kind of red scare propaganda? Are we in the 60s or just inside Bill O'Reilly's head?

It's not about money. It's about revenge, about finally succeeding where Daemon and Bittersteel failed. And I think it was also Serra's last will

Also, what's that about the communists butchering the rich? What kind of red scare propaganda? Are we in the 60s or just inside Bill O'Reilly's head?

During the russian civil war during wwi plenty of rich russian families were butchered just like the royal family. But this is off topic. You think they are blackfyres? Explain

Archived