Power of The Seven?

#GreatOther

ASoIaF has shown us a hundreds of gods.... N all seem to have their powers...

The Old Gods: Send Dreams, send. Direwolves(woah)... Weirwoods... Brans arc... All tells us that they r effective in their own way..

R'holler: The red god is jealous n cruel.... But he can still send visions n even bring people back to Lyf

Drowned God: Making Damphair.. Unusual powers to drowned men... Resurrecting men lyk Aeron to a proper purpose.... (Maybe even Patchface)... Quiet Good...

Many Faced God: Aryas arc in Braavos gives us a proper account that the God really has powers after paying prizes... Even the god of the faceless men grants them powers....

And maybe many others...

What do the Seven, who are the most worshipped God in the Series, have?? All that is said of Seven seem mere coincidences....

Lyk, was the ship send to Davos on BWB was really a gift from the mother(I don't think so).... Lyk lighting a candle to Crone had shone the way....(lyk if u hadn't lit the candle.... U would've failed or died)... Doesnt that sound very Hypocritical....?

^^^^ Will have a look

Seems the Faith of the Seven seems to be geared around theology but most significantly personal development via introspection. Eg civility and introspection and a moral code. Supposed to be about character development unlike some of the others

Depends what's in the Seven-pointed Star

To be fair unless you are a Greenseer and a Warg the religion of the Old Gods would seem to be about talking to Trees with faces in them to the common person

Doesen't seem to have any powers associated with the 'deities', which seem to be aspects of self/society

Any power projection ability seems to revolve around bearing arms ala Faith Militant etc

I don't think the "powers" are coming from the various gods... it seems more like there's magic in the world, which can be tapped into in various ways, and there's overlap between the people tapping into that force and the people believing in various gods. That those people attribute their magical powers to their gods isn't proof that the gods are causing it.

As for the Seven, I think they're just, for whatever reason, a religion that doesn't believe in magic. I guess that's for dramatic purposes: most of the realm doesn't believe in magic, and is thus poised to be surprised by the Others; therefore, the popular religion will be non-magical.

Archived