Jon and Psalms coincide?

Ser_tart

I'm not saying this was intentionally put in by grrm, but could the number of wildlings saved by jon (3,119) as shown in adwd.

"Bowen Marsh was waiting for him south of the Wall, with a tablet full of numbers. "Three thousand one hundred and nineteen wildlings passed through the gate today," the Lord Steward told him."

Have any correlation with the Psalms 31:19?

"How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you"

I feel like the it kinda sums up Jon as a whole. Also the next few psalms kinda feel creepyly tied to Jon too.

I won't post the whole bible because I'm lazy but feel free to peek at the psalms.

PS I'm not trying to convert anyone just getting my tinfoil on :)

I'm not saying this was intentionally put in by grrm, but could the number of wildlings saved by jon (3,119) as shown in adwd.

"Bowen Marsh was waiting for him south of the Wall, with a tablet full of numbers. "Three thousand one hundred and nineteen wildlings passed through the gate today," the Lord Steward told him."

Have any correlation with the Psalms 31:19?

"How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you"

I feel like the it kinda sums up Jon as a whole. Also the next few psalms kinda feel creepyly tied to Jon too.

I won't post the whole bible because I'm lazy but feel free to peek at the psalms.

PS I'm not trying to convert anyone just getting my tinfoil on :)

Nice catch!

I do not know what tinfoil means - so it doesn't bother me in the least. I admire original thought, which is not a commodity.

Looks like a nice catch.

GRRM is not a christian, but he reads and references all sorts of mythologies so it would make sense. And I'm not sure I understand how it "sums up Jon", but it seems oddly appropriate for that specific moment.

I've never read the bible and I'm not really familiar with psalms so I don't know how easy would it be to fit them to anything, but at least that's a big coincidence.

Haha somehow this is the kind of thing I wish people would ask GRRM when they have the chance. A lot of people ask stuff that he will obviously never answer and it's always the "oh, you'll have to wait for the books". This one would at least surprise him I guess, if it's a coincidence it would be funny :)

I like it... GRRM did not pick the number 3119 by accident... he has to have pulled it from somewhere... & all things in GRRM's World tend toward more intrigue...

--

I am a believer that Jon will become the Night's King... & just as Old Nan said that the Night's King bound his brothers (watchmen) to his will using strange sorceries... Jon will bind the watch (& possibly wildings) to his will using his warg/skinchanging gift... Varamyr had 6 skins... Jon will have hundreds of skins... human skins...

Iam a believer that Jon will become the Night's King... & just as Old Nan said that the Night's King bound his brothers (watchmen) to his will using strange sorceries... Jon will bind the watch (& possibly wildings) to his will using his warg/skinchanging gift... Varamyr had 6 skins... Jon will have hundreds of skins... human skins...

A little part of me wishes this too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why specifically Psalms? You can do that with almost every book of the Bible, which has a 31th chapter and it's long enough, and find a passage you can claim fits as a comment to what's going on at the Wall (except for Proverbs). Jeremiah 31,19 fits even better. And I don't think it's intentional. A random chapter and verse would probably somehow fit, too, if you tilt your head and squint just the right way.

Why specifically Psalms? You can do that with almost every book of the Bible, which has a 31th chapter and it's long enough, and find a passage you can claim fits as a comment to what's going on at the Wall (except for Proverbs). Jeremiah 31,19 fits even better. And I don't think it's intentional. A random chapter and verse would probably somehow fit, too, if you tilt your head and squint just the right way.

But doesn't 3,119 sound like suuuch a specific number ??? Also even if you meant it fictitiously, I'm going to check any numbers I find in all the holy books now lol.

Yea because squinting and head tilting is required to see this one right? Oh it isnt at all so your point and entire tone is completely off but way to toss down some Contrarian feedback

Nice catch.

When men at last returned to the isles to live, they were men from Valyria itself. Thirteen hundred and twenty-two years before the Doom, a sect of religious dissidents left the Freehold to establish a temple upon Lorath's main isle.

Any specific thing about 13:22?

Archived