Peter O'Meara

maxlongstreet

I get the impression, given it was under his 'wishes' list rather than 'next projects' bit, that he's merely expressing hope that he can audition for the series and get a part if the pick-up comes through.

Decent actor, if he's who I'm thinking of from Band of Brothers. Given the characters' aging-up, Renly is possible. Maybe Littlefinger as well? Maybe he and Aiden Gillen will have to audition by hatching a diabolical scheme to sabotage the other's chances of getting the role?

Obviously its not going to be anything other than a wish, given the fact that game of thrones hasn't even been greenlighted yet. But we know the producers and casting directors probably already have their eyes on candidates, and may already have contacted them, so this may well be a strong indication. Especially since he was in band of brothers.

Cool that he knows of it anyhow. :) I wonder is he a fan of the books.

If this series comes to fruition, i'm sure nearly every Irish/British actor will be connected to it. It would be a nice bit of work, close to home, with a prestigious TV company.

I can see him as Renly, he looks like a younger/fitter Mark Addy. Although at 5'9 he's not King Robert tall (same with Addy), but I guess that doesn't matter since they are probably working around height.

O'Meara: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm531009024/nm0641854

Addy: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2272958720/nm0004692

Renly?! You can't be serious, surely?

Renly... who's twenty one years old and kinda handsome?

I get they're aging up characters and changing them a little, but twenty years is a little excessive. Renly might not be an important character, but his youth and appearance is important to the character.

It took me a while to accept the casting of Theon, but if that were to happen, HBO would definitely be crossing the line.

Stannis wouldn't appear until the second season, and I can't see how Edmure could appear in the first half of the second.

I would say that if they are casting in advance to be prepared if the show gets picked, they would work on the first characters that appear. On the top of my head those are Renly, Barristan, Littlefinger, and Varys.

Got to be either Edmure or Littlefinger. He's not handsome enough for Renly.

I'm just going by his looks compaired to Mark Addy, they look very similar. King Robert was supposed to be a handsome, strong man gone to pot... :blink: I could see Peter O'Meara also play Bronn, or a Greyjoy, I don't see Edmure though (he doesn't look like Jennifer Ehle at all), even if they dye his hair auburn. Over in the General- Peter O'Meara thread Ran said O'Meara read for the role of Jaime... Let's be happy the casting agents went with NCW.

Archived