Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

Stannis. Whether Westeros likes it or not, he's the true king. I'm not adverse to the Lord of Light (and indeed, he seems to be the best chance for fighting the Others) this was assuming I'd make it through the Blackwater.

If not, then the Tyrells, they're the strongest left alive and IIRC Randyl Tarly is the finest soldier in the Seven Kingdoms, seems like good company to keep. They also seem like generally good folks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably be with whoever my House was sworn to (either I'd be a forcefully conscripted leavy, a man-at-arms, knight, or even a member). If I got a choice I would probably be with Stannis since I'm big on loyalty, duty and that kind of stuff. Don't know about the red priests and fire magic, but you can't have it all your way.

If not, then the Tyrells, they're the strongest left alive and IIRC Randyl Tarly is the finest soldier in the Seven Kingdoms, seems like good company to keep. They also seem like generally good folks.

Aside from the poisoning assassination of their boy-king at his wedding to their lord's daughter? :P

Not sure who I would stand with. I do like the Nights Watch. Maybe I would ignore the petty politics of the lords and serve the realm as a whole. Lots of worse ways to go out than laying down your life to protect others. If that happens I would want to fall in battle with the Others and the wights, rather than the Wildlings. The Wildlings are fellow humans who merely have different beliefs than myself. Let me fight an evil, inhuman foe. (cue the debate on whether or not the Others are truly evil, even though we already have done that)

:fencing:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would totally Join with Jon Snow and the Brothers on the wall, but I doubt I could hold up to the not fathering any sons part. I would have to sneak into some of the towns or find me a secret Wildling women or something. It would be far to lonely fighting the others from the wall with no lady to keep me warm at night. Other than that I would say if I was in one of the houses I'd still go with Stark, I really respected Ned for his Honesty and honor and maybe I could find me a Direwolf pup like Neds kids and raise him to fight with me as a Knight Lord Bannerman of Winterfall. If I lived long enough I would try to garner support from the Reeds and the rest of the North and toss out the Boltons and reclaim/rebuild Winterfell.

House Tyrell. I want the Queen of Thorns on my side. Plus the weather, the scenery, the ocean. Would love to have that to come home to from my frequent travels. :thumbsup: I'd travel the 7 Kingdoms learning the history and real happenings with my own eyes and ears. Then write songs mocking other houses... except for the Starks of course. :smoking:

Oh yea, and sell my knowledge to buyers of my choosing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd forge my chain in the Citadel, then head to either the Wall or Dany. The Watch has need of maesters, as Lord Snow said. It's that, or be Marwyn's apprentice when he counsels Dany. And that would be awesome.

Depends where I'd be born. If in the North, then naturally with the Starks. In the West, with the Lannisters. South, with Dorne. And so on. It's very unlikely that I would move to another part of the 7K and willingly chose to follow other house than that I was be born to or sworn to serve.

If I were allowed to chose before my birth -- which is no less probable than the premise of this thread -- then it would most likely be Dorne. As much as I love the Starks, I don't see myself freezing over in the cold North for their sake.

Archived