Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

The Martells, without a doubt. They're out of the chaos and under the radar, plus they have an amazingly skilled citizens (whether they be soldiers or not).Seriously, from what it seems, they take bad-ass to a whole different level compared to other houses like the Lannisters.

It's a bonus too that they have the best morality system in all seven kingdoms (everyone has free rights and is looked upon as equal to one another, etc)

• 4 weeks later...

Loyal to House Stark. So if I were to be a part of the story Id either be

1. one of the Reeds (Id be safe living a place no outsider can find)

2. a trusted assistant to Petyr so in a way Id also be helping Sansa Stark

3. a facelessman helping Arya

I don't think I'd side with any House. Simple fact of the matter is, most don't care whether you live or die. And, I don't really see any particular House as right or deserving, so I'd just avoid siding with any of 'em. I'd probably just sit in Braavos and wait out the war.

I don't think I'd side with any House. Simple fact of the matter is, most don't care whether you live or die. And, I don't really see any particular House as right or deserving, so I'd just avoid siding with any of 'em. I'd probably just sit in Braavos and wait out the war.

I think it's pretty obvious that Eddard actually cared about his men and his subjects. The same thing with Luwin. I think the leadership inherent to the Starks is what makes them so different from the other great lords. The Northmen are depicted as more unruly and their kingdom is more of a confederacy than the rest of the realm, which follows a stricter model. The Starks keep their traditions and pass on leadership lessons to successfully lead such a people. The southern kingdoms have the benefits of their chivalric code, religion, and smaller territories to maintain control.

Tywin and his children are more ruthless because of their own recent history. There is nothing to indicate that they were especially devious in the old days. Their most brutal commanders are an up-jumped family of a kennelmaster, a foreign mercenary captain, and a mere 'Ser.' The Lannisters still have a longstanding pedigree to give them prestige, and there is nothing to indicate that those bannermen with similar pedigrees are used to do the dirty work.

I think it's pretty obvious that Eddard actually cared about his men and his subjects. The same thing with Luwin. I think the leadership inherent to the Starks is what makes them so different from the other great lords. The Northmen are depicted as more unruly and their kingdom is more of a confederacy than the rest of the realm, which follows a stricter model. The Starks keep their traditions and pass on leadership lessons to successfully lead such a people. The southern kingdoms have the benefits of their chivalric code, religion, and smaller territories to maintain control.

Tywin and his children are more ruthless because of their own recent history. There is nothing to indicate that they were especially devious in the old days. Their most brutal commanders are an up-jumped family of a kennelmaster, a foreign mercenary captain, and a mere 'Ser.' The Lannisters still have a longstanding pedigree to give them prestige, and there is nothing to indicate that those bannermen with similar pedigrees are used to do the dirty work.

That's why I said most. And I agree, the Starks are more like a brotherhood than anything, but due to their bad luck it wouldn't be smart to side with 'em.

Have to go with House Baratheon and Stannis, the one true king of Westeros. Even though the Battle of Blackwater Bay was a failure, it still would have been great to participate in the fight against the Wildlings, and the upcomming battle against the Bolton's is being up to be an epic clash against two cunning commanders.

Stannis and the Baratheon's all the way...

The Vale of Arryn seems like a good, safe option for the time being. Best case scenario for me would be to actually BE the rightful heir to the Vale (not poor Sweetrobin, though, or Lysa) and chill there.

I always figured the Vale:East as Reach:West.

But really, I'd probably support House Baratheon since Stannis has got his eye on everyone (Others, Dany, KL, etc)

...but Lord of Bear Island sounds good, too

Archived