Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Looking at Bolton, there is very little to go on, but the content he does have seems reasonable. Only his last post though gives any thoughts on other players that are not responses to direct questions. The one worry I have is his keeping is vote on Westerling. I was not completely sure he was serious with that vote and would hope he would either push a case or remove if he wasn't going to be here for the end of the day.

eta: "reasonable" does not mean suspicious or not suspicious, just that he is well thought out (unlike me :P )

I missed Tarth. what do I think of Tarth? I don't know, Tarth does not apear in any of my scriblings. So I guess he's right in the middle. I'm gonna have to re-read him to form any kind of gut/fact based opinion. but as day is near its end 30 mins? and hes got no votes Tarth can wait.

I am willing to switch votes if it will get a lynch. I will be here till the end.

Ok... not sure what else I can really say to try to defend myself. If you lynch me it's not the worst choice in the world, at least I'm roleless, and apparently I haven't been very helpful to this point.

I'm evidently rusty at mafia. It's been a while since I played and I guess I should have thought things out more. I wanted to go into this trying to be as active as I could and as honest as I could. You might not agree with me on a lot of things but that's actually what I'm thinking. It may be murky but it's day 1, hard to feel confident.

This isn't how I play an FM - I'm much more cautious. I would have sat back and let people fight it out instead of getting myself so involved.

I'll give my thoughts on Ashford in a minute. Still in a "I don't know" category, not particularly suspcious, not particularly not. Probably going to vote him if the alternative is lynching me because at least I know I'm innocent. Ashford I have no idea.

This is the only post of Vance's that I really don't like. It's a pretty useless defense, and even as a rusty player, Vance ought to be able to recognize that all of this means nothing to the rest of the players.

Otherwise, he does have a habit of using a lot of words to say not very much, which doesn't actually bother me much. I can't say I have any firm opinions of everyone today, so I'd end up saying I'm a little suspicious or not really suspicious or etc as well--except I know better.

As for Ashford, the only impression I have of him is mostly good, honestly. He seems like he's genuinely looking for the killers. I like Vance's activity levels better, but I'll take Ashford at his word that he'll be more involved, so I'd rather lynch Vance.

Bolton sits funny in my gut still, but I can see that he's not a likely lynch option. I don't recall Connington's existence in this game, so I'm no fan of his either. Everyone else I'm basically okay with atm, though I want to reread Tarth and Fossoway later.

What gave you that impression? I'm still waiting for Ashford to give us a top suspect.

Well, if you asked me for a top suspect, I'd be forced to say gee I dunno..., so I'm not inclined to be as demanding on Ashford there. I'd give you Bolton actually, but I can't say I'd be all fired up about it or anything.

Well, if you asked me for a top suspect, I'd be forced to say gee I dunno..., so I'm not inclined to be as demanding on Ashford there. I'd give you Bolton actually, but I can't say I'd be all fired up about it or anything.

OK, so what exactly gave you the impression that Ashford is looking for killers?

Sorry for the wait. For some reason, the last vote count wasn't saved, so I wanted to check this over to be 100% sure that was a lynch. Tell me if I made a mistake.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Estermont, Tarth, Connington, Frey, Westerling, Fossoway, Ashford, Reed, Vance, Bolton.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

6 votes for Vance (Fossoway, Connington, Westerling, Ashford, Reed, Frey)

3 votes for Ashford (Estermont, Tarth, Vance)

1 vote for Westerling (Bolton)

I'm posting fromy phone, so I can't give you a fun scene...but the Vanillavillians strung up poor House Vance for wearing his shirt untucked. Unfortunately for them, he was a vanilla mod.

It is now night. Please send us your PMs.

Can't post a fancy scene from my phone, so I'll just skip to th

Here's a 'fancy' scene from mentat-mod!

Vance is lynched. He's got a sinister grin, and he twitches. Obvious signs of being as guilty as a puppy sitting beside a puddle of pooh.

So, what will it be Vance? you ask. Do you want the electrical chair, the lethal injection, the David Carradine special?

I'll have none of that, the soon-to-be-corpse exclaims. A traditional noose for me. I want to hang like in the good old days.

Thinking Vance just wants to play a desperate mind trick on you, you prepare a scaffold and put a good ole hemp noose around Vance's neck.

So, what do you think about balance, Vance? you taunt him. 10 players... 4 FM a symp and 6 bulletproof finders sounds right to me, huh?

Vance spits on your feet. I'd rather have died three minutes ago not to have to listen to that atrocity.

He's a cunning one, this Vance, but the FM always are, so you pull the lever, open the trap door and let him fall to his death, only the jury-rigged scaffolding you hastily made out of farmer Joe's barn beams falls apart and collapses... on top of Vance.

Vance lies mortally wounded while you quickly remove the heavy wooden beams to extricate him from the wreck. His last words are... 'Nine players... 2 FM, a CF and a healer, the tenth stays as a replace... arghhhh...'

You decide Vance had to be an innocent mod. You got it wrong this once.

OK, so what exactly gave you the impression that Ashford is looking for killers?

I don't mean that he's got a pitchfork out and the inquisition ready to go, though that would be nice. I meant that I considered his behavior that of a townie's. I agree that he was low on opinions in the latter end of Day 1, true, but I take him at his word when he said he was busy.

I'd rather he defend himself rather than me defend him, but posts like this:

Very well, thank you.

Estermont is bothersome. I don't like the whole thing with Reed and Westerling. Reed is obviously playing with Estermont, and he's rising to the bait. Reed's too obvious in his teasing and not vote worthy (at least not for this). Westerling I am not sure of.

I don't like Tarth's last statement, it just feel's off a bit.

I consider absolutely fine and honestly pretty good for Day 1. I see nothing wrong with the word "bothersome," which might make me an outlier, but he isn't wishy-washy here (not for early Day 1 anyway, where I'd be more concerned if people were full of conviction), and he tells us what's caught his attention. You can't ask for everyone to be an aggressive pot-stirrer, and I'm pretty content with this.

Archived