Sandor Clegane 3

Black Amethyst

This occurred to me last night, so let me open discussion in a different direction for a second.

We've talked a lot about Sansa's future path and how the Hound fits into that. This idea might be a whole thing, but I never see it mentioned. What if Sansa were to leave the Vale and run into Gendry???

Everyone always talks about Gendry in relation to Arya, which I get, but let's remember Arya left. I still think that Gendry is a part of this interlocking puzzle, and it seems to fit with what Sansa could end up doing.

-In AFFC Brienne runs into Gendry while looking for Sansa. After she figures out who he is she wants to go back there. What if she finds Sansa there?

-The Inn at the Crossroads seems to be a place where people have run into each other several times. This trend may continue.

-If Sansa were to leave, but remain in the persona of Alayne Stone, that could very well be a place she might want to hang out in for a while.

-Sandor could end up back there too, at some point.

I'm still totally for Sandor to meet up with Sansa, I will always be a fan of that, but seriously, how cute would Gendry and Sansa be together?? He's like what, sixteen? I bet if she ran into him she would totally dig him. He's a pretty handsome boy with those Baratheon genetics....and his blacksmith muscles. And just imagine the scene if Sandor showed up and found her playing house with a bunch of feral kids and the blacksmith boy? Would he not be so jealous?

And this is precisely why she may end up becoming Arya Stark, Lady of Winterfell. The one who cared for all the pomp and prestige ends up a commoner and Arya ends up settllng down and ruling Winterfell. (I think Rickon is going to die btw)

What are the odds of Arya (married to Gendry) being Cersei's younger Queen if Sansa decides to head off and live anonymously?

No way, the whole point of Rickon is that he was the ultimate spare, the youngest of three brothers and yet he will end up as Lord of Winterfell.

If his purpose wasn't to end up as Lord of Winterfell then why not just have 2 Stark sons or have Rickon actually be killed by Theon. Unlike Robb and Bran who actually serve plot purposes.

I personally like the idea of Sansa, in her capacity as Rickon's regent, convincing her little brother (not hard) to give her the Dreadfort (after's it's been cleansed of Bolton-ness) so that she can marry Sandor and live independently.

Meh. I'm with Brienne when it comes to Gendry; he is going to marry Willow. Because they are cute together. And they will open and run an orphanage together.

Sansa/Podrick... now we are talking... :)

I personally like the idea of Sansa, in her capacity as Rickon's regent, convincing her little brother (not hard) to give her the Dreadfort (after's it's been cleansed of Bolton-ness) so that she can marry Sandor and live independently.

That place is cursed... it is like the Harrenhal castle of the North. :thumbsdown:

I'm still totally for Sandor to meet up with Sansa, I will always be a fan of that, but seriously, how cute would Gendry and Sansa be together?? He's like what, sixteen? I bet if she ran into him she would totally dig him. He's a pretty handsome boy with those Baratheon genetics....and his blacksmith muscles. And just imagine the scene if Sandor showed up and found her playing house with a bunch of feral kids and the blacksmith boy? Would he not be so jealous?

Hmm, it's possible, and what Alexia indicated in her spoiler text about Jaime's intentions for Sansa would fit, but Gendry belongs with Arya surely!! ;)

Actually, it would be nice if Sansa ended up wth the true son of Robert Baratheon, but I will never stop being a San/San shipper so this here is only pure speculation :)

Now, as to whether or not these girls will be happy in wildly different roles than was initially envisioned for them.. Yes, I really think they could be. Sansa as a commoner would fit (she wouldn't have to be dirt poor) and she's always been more interested in the children/lovely dovey aspect of marriage anyways. (Of course there is a real chance of this changing based on LF's tutelage in the Vale and her own bad experiences wth marriages)

As for Arya, she wouldn't necessarily be miserable as a Queen or Lady. I'm inclined to think that a lot of her resistance was simply down to her natural tomboyish nature that made her think of anything "girly" as repulsive. She would fit into the role of a new Lyanna - interested in 'masculine' pursuits, but still very much a romantic. And Westeros does seem to be moving towards having warrior Queens - Dany, Asha...

I don't know why (well, maybe I do) but I am giggling like a maniac at the suggestion that the Hound needs to take pride in his appearance. Poor dude... :lol:

He had his nice olive green cloak that he used to wear, as well as the Hound helm.

Hee hee hee. I picture him at her door, hair slicked into a side part, with a box of lemon cakes.

Olive green is boring. That and dark gray? He's wearing Westerosi camouflage.

Hmm, it's possible, and what Alexia indicated in her spoiler text about Jaime's intentions for Sansa would fit, but Gendry belongs with Arya surely!! ;)

Actually, it would be nice if Sansa ended up wth the true son of Robert Baratheon, but I will never stop being a San/San shipper so this here is only pure speculation :)

I think Arya is going to die by the end of the story, personally. There have been a couple things that could be taken as foreshadowing to that end. I don't think Sansa would stay with Gendry longterm, I should have clarified that.

Sansa as a commoner would fit (she wouldn't have to be dirt poor) and she's always been more interested in the children/lovely dovey aspect of marriage anyways. (Of course there is a real chance of this changing based on LF's tutelage in the Vale and her own bad experiences wth marriages)

Sansa's desire for romance and love is what makes me think San/San really does have a shot. With her very sad thoughts at the end of ASOS about how no one would ever love her for herself and her claim is all that matters, and in AFFC thinking that she never wanted to marry again -- I could really see her either not wanting to marry (live in Winterfell as Rickon's maiden sister) or taking Sandor as a lover in defiance of the conventions. This, IMO, is a big argument in favor of Sansa staying anonymous.

As for Arya, she wouldn't necessarily be miserable as a Queen or Lady. I'm inclined to think that a lot of her resistance was simply down to her natural tomboyish nature that made her think of anything "girly" as repulsive. She would fit into the role of a new Lyanna - interested in 'masculine' pursuits, but still very much a romantic.
Lyanna is dead, though, and so far as we knew she was never a cold blooded murderer. Arya may very well be the most damaged of the Stark children.

Hee hee hee. I picture him at her door, hair slicked into a side part, with a box of lemon cakes.

Olive green is boring. That and dark gray? He's wearing Westerosi camouflage.

You didn't think his studded leather jerkin was all manly man sexy? :)

I think Arya is going to die by the end of the story, personally. There have been a couple things that could be taken as foreshadowing to that end. I don't think Sansa would stay with Gendry longterm, I should have clarified that.

Can I ask what foreshadowing you are looking at? I think I'd be surprised if she died, but I don't expect her to ever reclaim her identity as a Stark in all honesty. I think Sansa, Jon, and possibly Rickon are going to be key to the future of the Starks.

Sansa's desire for romance and love is what makes me think San/San really does have a shot. With her very sad thoughts at the end of ASOS about how no one would ever love her for herself and her claim is all that matters, and in AFFC thinking that she never wanted to marry again -- I could really see her either not wanting to marry (live in Winterfell as Rickon's maiden sister) or taking Sandor as a lover in defiance of the conventions.

Or both.....;)

Assuming Sandor clears his name, he could either become Winterfell's new master at arms or kennel master :) No one would suspect Lady Sansa, Lord Rickon's spinster/widow sister and the scarred master at arms...

As an aside, how cute was it when Dog ran up to the "gravedigger", who scratched his ears?

I can imagine that Sandor likes animals more than most people. Which makes him even more awesome in my eyes.

Can I ask what foreshadowing you are looking at? I think I'd be surprised if she died, but I don't expect her to ever reclaim her identity as a Stark in all honesty. I think Sansa, Jon, and possibly Rickon are going to be key to the future of the Starks.

In AGoT in the Jon is talking to Arya after she ruins her stitches and says something along the lines of after winter they'll find you dead with a needle in your hand. (this was before he gave her the sword).

I've also heard GRRM's wife has forbidden him to kill Arya, so I reckon she will stay a FM and everyone will presume she died in KL.

Gregor Clegane rarely left his lands, so it is possible that if Sandor has his name cleared, and LF dies, he might marry Alyane and they live a moderately well off life in Clegane keep. No one would recognize Alyane in the West.

I could really see her either not wanting to marry (live in Winterfell as Rickon's maiden sister) or taking Sandor as a lover in defiance of the conventions. This, IMO, is a big argument in favor of Sansa staying anonymous.

This is actually a favorite outcome of mine for her. Take Sandor as a lover, and say a big 'f**k you to all the haters :)

Headtrip honey, I love that line of speculation. :)

Gregor Clegane rarely left his lands, so it is possible that if Sandor has his name cleared, and LF dies, he might marry Alyane and they live a moderately well off life in Clegane keep. No one would recognize Alyane in the West.

Alas, won't happen. Sandor deserted the KG, and deserted the Lannisters. Saltpans is the least of his worries if he runs into a Lannister. He can't ever return to the West.

The sooner Sansa gets back to being Sansa and not Alayne, the better. Ditto Arya. And I'm confidant Sandor will be better as Sandor than he ever was as the Hound. When Tyrion gave his speech to Jon about armoring yourself in whatever you are and it can't be used against you, that struck me as a theme within the story. I think Sansa kind of owes it to her family to step forward as a Stark and show they might be beaten but not broken. Rickon's mere existence may stir some in the north but Sansa, shaking off her Lannister and LF troubles, would really be a good rallying point. She's got a lot of information, experience, and "connections" that I'd like to see her use. Having her stay as Alayne (and especially if she does so just to be with Sandor) would make me ill.

I'm at the end of my patience with Arya, too. I don't want her to be some faceless man, bumping off the citizens off Westeros or Essos one by one. She wants a pack and she's got one - Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Uncat, Jon, and possibly Sandor, should they all make it to the end of the story. Arya may not have wanted the traditional accoutrements of a girl of her status, and that's fine, but she needs to get back in step with her family. Having her aligned with a strong Sansa would be awesome. As she currently stands, I don't even want her with Gendry. He's too nice for her. (He'd be too awed of Sansa's "status" and fall into Pod-like stuttering.)

Alexia, studded leather jerkins should be in every manly man's closet. It's the red tunic with the leather dog's head applique that forces me to deduct style points from him. Worst outfit in Westeros. Someone on another thread said it reminded them of Mark Darcy's reindeer jumper in Bridget Jones's Diary, and I concur. Absolutely horrible!

Assuming Sandor clears his name, he could either become Winterfell's new master at arms or kennel master :) No one would suspect Lady Sansa, Lord Rickon's spinster/widow sister and the scarred master at arms...

I don't think Sandor would agree to be kept in the closet. He spent most of his life hiding the fact that he can be a caring man. Why would he trade away his new-found freedom just to be Sansa's dog? I think he'd pull a Jaime and want to shout it from the rooftops. And I like the idea of Sansa shouting it up there with him.

Starbirdy, you're right. Most satisfying is if Arya gets her ass out of that cult and comes home to make a difference, and most satisfying is if Sansa comes out as Sansa on her own terms, not in LF's messed up schemes.

Plus, I don't want her to have to love/sex Sandor in private. I want her to be screaming from the rooftops. Yes Lysa Arryn style. :whip:

The sooner Sansa gets back to being Sansa and not Alayne, the better....Rickon's mere existence may stir some in the north but Sansa, shaking off her Lannister and LF troubles, would really be a good rallying point. She's got a lot of information, experience, and "connections" that I'd like to see her use.

I pretty much tend to agree. Sansa staying anonymous could potentially be satisfying, but I want to see her come out and bring the Lannisters low.

I'm at the end of my patience with Arya, too. I don't want her to be some faceless man, bumping off the citizens off Westeros or Essos one by one. She wants a pack and she's got one - Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Uncat, Jon, and possibly Sandor, should they all make it to the end of the story. Arya may not have wanted the traditional accoutrements of a girl of her status, and that's fine, but she needs to get back in step with her family.

ADWD Spoilers:

Arya is going to kill Missendei, impersonate her in Daenerys' entourage, and help the Braavosi FM bring the dragon queen low and kill her monsters. It is known.

Someone on another thread said it reminded them of Mark Darcy's reindeer jumper in Bridget Jones's Diary, and I concur. Absolutely horrible!

Got a picture to share?

I don't think Sandor would agree to be kept in the closet. He spent most of his life hiding the fact that he can be a caring man. Why would he trade away his new-found freedom just to be Sansa's dog? I think he'd pull a Jaime and want to shout it from the rooftops. And I like the idea of Sansa shouting it up there with him.

I don't see why not. Sandor's not an idiot; he knows that he can't marry Sansa Stark. But getting a good, respected job in Winterfell as the master at arms or captain of the guard, and the woman he loves loving him back. -- that doesn't make him her dog, or take away his freedom. Working for the Starks (who will neither call him nor treat him like a dog), with a real lover of his own, would probably make the man happier than he has ever before been (which is why it won't happen).

Sansa will not be doing anything Lysa Arryn-style. She has dignity. :stillsick:

Headtrip honey, I love that line of speculation. :)

Alas, won't happen. Sandor deserted the KG, and deserted the Lannisters. Saltpans is the least of his worries if he runs into a Lannister. He can't ever return to the West.

Yeah, my theory depends on the Lannisters being pretty much wiped out by the final book. Oh well, here's hoping!

Starbirdy, you're right. Most satisfying is if Arya gets her ass out of that cult and comes home to make a difference, and most satisfying is if Sansa comes out as Sansa on her own terms, not in LF's messed up schemes.

Plus, I don't want her to have to love/sex Sandor in private. I want her to be screaming from the rooftops. Yes Lysa Arryn style. :whip:

As much as I'm a fan of...uh....loudly proclaiming one's true feelings....GROSS.

If only because Lysa Arryn is gross. LF has courage, man.

What was that he said about sexing an ugly woman? Closing your eyes and just doing it?

::vomit::

Archived