How will Lord Frey meet his end?

Howling Mad

Painfully, hopefully.

However, I want the dying to come later. I want one of the Starks or Tullys their loyalists to take him to any castle or fortress they hold and use him as a clown. That would be immensely satisfying for me to read.

What could be more painful for an arrogant, prideful old man like Walder Frey than being dressed up in motley and being forced to prance about?

Walder Frey will be murdered by Black Walder or Lame Lothar. That will then start the dominos of murder falling resulting in the perverse situation of either Perwyn Frey or Olyvar Frey (both notable Stark Loyalists and absent from the Red Wedding) becoming Lord of the Crossing meaning that we will be denied our justifiable demand that Frey Delenda Est, since they are Stark Loyalists and obviously had nothing to do with the Red Wedding; quite possibly activly opposing it.

Why wait so long if he intended to murder his own father, he is an old man and like many others I'm convinced its set up for him to die of old age, the Lannisters are going to encourage a bit of culling so they can make the dead scape goats for the RW, the Freys will get theirs but not till after Walder dies.

The BwB decent into evil will continue with the deaths of some of the Stark loyalist probably Olyvar for dramatic effect and emotional resonance, finally UnCat must be put out of her misery by one of her lost children.

As I would expect from GRRM. He will die peaceful in his sleep believing he did the best for his house elevating them higher and higher. Them standing tall and strong in the kingdom like never before.This is what I believe.

How I would like it to be...a Stark has to pay him a visit killing him, after he has slain all his guilty heirs (and followers) before him, showing him that his house will have no future and will be exterminated. And at last, killing him and burn him with the rest of the Twins to the ground. Afterwards making a song out of it like Castamere being the hit in the kingdom. (Mocking and humiliating the dead maybe funny, but wouldn't be the style of the Starks).

This is what I would like to happen:

End of the Prologue

Lord Walder Frey woke in the middle of the night hearing the howling of wolves. Was that a dream? No animal could be heard from here. Then he heard he the screams, terrible shrieks that sounded like nothing human. The door burst open and in came a beast even larger than the one that had belonged to king who besmirched him flanked by the smaller wolves who inhabited the woods of the riverlands. The beast strode towards his bed and after the second step took a gigantic leap landing on the bed directly on top of the 9th lady Frey but it's eyes never left his own, in that moment Walder Frey could see the eyes of no one shining through the deep yellow eyes as the wolf bared her teeth then lurched forward as quick as lightning and bit him in the groin. The pain was so severe Walder almost feinted and just before he closed his eyes he saw the smaller wolves ripping apart his child wife as the big dire wolf slowly ripped out and ate his intestines.

Or something to that effect

The beast strode towards his bed and after the second step took a gigantic leap landing on the bed directly on top of the 9th lady Frey but it's eyes never left his own, in that moment Walder Frey could see the eyes of no one shining through the deep yellow eyes as the wolf bared her teeth then lurched forward as quick as lightning and bit him in the groin. The pain was so severe Walder almost feinted and just before he closed his eyes he saw the smaller wolves ripping apart his child wife as the big dire wolf slowly ripped out and ate his intestines.

I'm with you one thousand percent on the Nightwolf, but do you actually want to see Lord Walder's child bride torn apart? For all we know, she was coerced into her own wedding, to say nothing of what went down at Edmure's.

Somebody builds another bridge, noone needs the Freys anymore, his family all wise up and enter the service of other Houses, even the heirs, and Walder drowns himself in the Trident.

that would take like 10 more books...it took 3 generations for the Freys to build that bridge. But I'd like to read 10 more books (even if it meant Frey was 210 by the end I guess it would be worth it)

Well I don´t really see the old guy doing any travelling so either someone would have to storm the Twins with an army or infiltrate the castle. I´m not sure about who would do either of those things, so maybe old Walder will die of natural causes, although hopefully after most of his treacherous brood have been killed/eaten etc.

I only have two requirements regarding Lord Walder's death: a) it must be done by a Stark and b ) it must be so painful, he begs for death. If that happens, I shall be happy.

He'll never beg for it. I see him spitting in the face of his killer before he finally croaks.

I don't think he'll die by the sword because I don't think he'll leave the twins and who's going to storm them? He will die, probably just due to age (a lot of people suggesting the 'strains' of his latest wife I could see that happening), I think we will get some revenge with the Brotherhood ambushing the marriage between Daven Lannister and A.N. Other Frey, killing a lot of Freys. Black Walder ends up as Frey Lord and a strong one, because we never get too much of a good thing.

Well I don´t really see the old guy doing any travelling so either someone would have to storm the Twins with an army or infiltrate the castle. I´m not sure about who would do either of those things, so maybe old Walder will die of natural causes, although hopefully after most of his treacherous brood have been killed/eaten etc.

It seems to me that infiltrating the Twins to assasinate the Lord is a perfect job for a . . . Faceless Man. :) And it just so happens there's a Stark training to be a Faceless Man, and that Stark never got closer to Walder Frey than the grounds of the Twins where she witnessed her brother's troops being slaughtered, so she can honestly say she doesn't know him. :laugh: If we're really lucky, that Stark FM will decide that the best way to kill Walder will be by wolf! Oh, happy day!

Walder Frey will die due to the coming Winter, remember its now snowing the Riverlands and the cold claws of the Others are coming.

After Lord Walder Frey dies, his bloodkin will destroy each other to be 'Lord of the Crossing', while everyone else just sits back and enjoys the show.

Archived