How will Lord Frey meet his end?

Howling Mad

how much of what happened does Arya know, I mean about who really planned it all? Although I would love to see one of the Starks kill him, I honestly don't think that is something a Stark would do...their honor would be above it.

I would love to see Arya go on a killing spree working down her list, but I think it would be much better for Walder Frey to live on well after his house has come to ruin.

My plan for the Freys...

The whole clan realises how much everyone hates and despises them. An army is surrounding the Twins. Lame Lothar and Lord Frey have a bitter shouting match over who's to blame, ending with Lothar stabbing Lord Frey to death. Lothar is then killed by the invaders.

The rest of the Freys are then marched out to bend the knee to their rightful lord (Edmure Tully). He makes them dismantle the Twins stone by stone, never to be rebuilt as a warning. When they have done this, worrying about their fate the whole time, he selects the most guilty Freys and they are hanged. He lets the others go, (the men have the choice of taking the black) because they are related to his wife, but banishes them all for life from the Riverlands. He points out that though he has no authority in the North, they would be well advised to avoid it too.

Of course none of this applies to Olyvar and Perwyn, who have probably by now changed their names. It does apply to Genna nee Lannister and her husband,. Not sure about Fat Walda and Big Walder.

I don't want the good guys to become torturers just to satisfy the reader's ghoulish tastes.

• 5 months later...

Walder Fray is on his knees looking at a Stark sitting in his chair looking down at him and his family becoming extinct. The scene is bloody and fearsome. Than Fray is outside in the snow as he watches his precious twin go up in flames by wildfire and the others come to drag the cowardly bitch to hell

That will then start the dominos of murder falling resulting in the perverse situation of either Perwyn Frey or Olyvar Frey (both notable Stark Loyalists and absent from the Red Wedding) becoming Lord of the Crossing meaning that we will be denied our justifiable demand that Frey Delenda Est, since they are Stark Loyalists and obviously had nothing to do with the Red Wedding; quite possibly activly opposing it.

Do we know if Perwyn and Olyvar are still alive, though? The Freys broke the oldest tradition of guest right; what's to say that they are above kinslaying, as well?

He is the late lord Frey, he will be the last one who die, he will sit in his chair, the door will be opend and men with the giant of the Umbers will grab him and hang him on his bridge next to is sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters

Archived