How will Lord Frey meet his end?

Howling Mad

How will Lord Frey meet his end?

He will die peacefully in his sleep, surrounded by his favorite children and grandchildren. Sorry.

Roose Boton will be tortured, raped, and murdered by his bastard, if it makes you feel any better.

I think GRRM plans to have Walder Frey die of natural causes and then the Freys will destroy themselves, thus saving everyone else the work and possibly ruining their good steel and valyrian steel blades on their filthy blood.

But someone will assasinate Walder and make it look natural, possibly Aria.

I'd like to see Lord Frey marched down the crossing of The Twins with his kin hanging from the side at the hands of the BwB, and for him to be exiled until Nymerias pack sets about him. Just for him to be reduced to nothing and see it before his end.

Although with GRRM he will probably make hand of the king and live till 200!

The foreshadowing about the power struggle which will follow Walder Frey's death isn't there for no reason. The Late Lord Frey will pass on well before his house is brought to its knees.

But I have no doubt House Frey itself is doomed

If this is true then they were doomed no matter what, regardless of what they did in the Red Wedding as Stevron the heir died fighting for Robbs cause.

This is what I would like to happen:

End of the Prologue

Lord Walder Frey woke in the middle of the night hearing the howling of wolves. Was that a dream? No animal could be heard from here. Then he heard he the screams, terrible shrieks that sounded like nothing human. The door burst open and in came a beast even larger than the one that had belonged to king who besmirched him flanked by the smaller wolves who inhabited the woods of the riverlands. The beast strode towards his bed and after the second step took a gigantic leap landing on the bed directly on top of the 9th lady Frey but it's eyes never left his own, in that moment Walder Frey could see the eyes of no one shining through the deep yellow eyes as the wolf bared her teeth then lurched forward as quick as lightning and bit him in the groin. The pain was so severe Walder almost feinted and just before he closed his eyes he saw the smaller wolves ripping apart his child wife as the big dire wolf slowly ripped out and ate his intestines.

Or something to that effect

:agree:

The Freys think they played out a "Rains of Castamere" on the Starks, but the pack lives. I want to see it happen to the Freys. I want Walder to know that his name and his house are dead. Only when he sees all he has built crumble should he be allowed to die, and then he should die screaming.

Archived