Sansa and Jamie - Any chance?

Crystal

Isn't he a good looking knight she always wanted?

I think he's a better person than his sister Cersei, but one could argue that his personality still leaves a lot to be desired.

Add to that the incident with Bran...

Discuss.

That's not what she wanted. She got that with Joffrey. She decided it wasn't enough.

I think he's a better person than his sister Cersei

Debatable, but not worth debating. They are both evil, and they both suck. As does their brother Tyrion.

If she's to end up with a knight, it shall be Brienne.

I'm going to borrow another poster's signature here: if Jamie and Sansa( :stillsick: ) end up together, I shall sacrifice my books by first drowning and then burning them on the altar of the Seven. Then I shall use the ashes as fertiliser for a werwood tree.

I'm pretty sure that Jaime isn't going to make it out of this story alive.

As for Sansa, I just hope that she doesn't end up with someone who is old enough to be her father and who isn't mentally fucked up (and I know that second one narrows down the field quite a lot!) and who, if not handsome, at least isn't physically mutilated, deformed or disfigured.

Sansa doesn't want a knight anymore, she's finally realised the songs aren't true. She might end up with Tyrion, though I think she will be forced to marry Littlefinger so he can get Winterfell. In fact I think his transferred love for Cat on Sansa will be his downfall, Sansa will hate it and kill him and his love will blind him to it. You read it here first (unless you already read it somewhere else I guess...)

Um, no. She had the perfect looking knight, Joffrey. It's pretty obvious just reading her chapters that she is completely over knights. Bad idea for all the same reasons that Sansa and Tyrion is a bad idea, maybe even worse.

But, feel free to crack ship it if you'd like.

I think he's a better person than his sister Cersei, but one could argue that his personality still leaves a lot to be desired.

Discuss.

I don't think it's likely, though I have to say I always wondered why Sansa didn't crush on Jaime (he's handsome, rich, and a truly brilliant knight.) 1) Jaime has done one cruel act to Tyrion and it's haunted him for years. He would not betray him by marrying or hooking up with Sansa. 2) Jaime seems to differentiate between women and children. At one point, he sees Jeyne Westerling and calls her pretty enough for a child and Jeyne is older than Sansa. If he gets with anyone, I think it will a grown woman. The only way i can see this happening is if it's an arranged marriage to bring peace to Westeros. If Jaime does survive the series, he may well have to give up the Kingsguard, get married, and create Lannister heirs--exactly what Tywin wanted him to do and Jaime refused to do.

Discuss.

Honestly, I see more chemistry than Jaime and Ser Ilyn at this point than him and Sansa.

Jaime and Ser Payne remind me of the sparring married couple off of old time sitcoms. ("You talk too much.")

I don't think it's likely, though I have to say I always wondered why Sansa didn't crush on Jaime (he's handsome, rich, and a truly brilliant knight.) 1) Jaime has done one cruel act to Tyrion and it's haunted him for years. He would not betray him by marrying or hooking up with Sansa. 2) Jaime seems to differentiate between women and children. At one point, he sees Jeyne Westerling and calls her pretty enough for a child and Jeyne is older than Sansa. If he gets with anyone, I think it will a grown woman. The only way i can see this happening is if it's an arranged marriage to bring peace to Westeros. If Jaime does survive the series, he may well have to give up the Kingsguard, get married, and create Lannister heirs--exactly what Tywin wanted him to do and Jaime refused to do.

Actually, Sansa/Jamie occured to me only an hour ago and I did have an arranged marriage in mind, precisely the way you put it. Sansa would get a good-looking knight (which is partly what she wanted as a young girl), but not the one from the books. Jamie would finally do what his father wanted from him. Also, he'd get a beautiful woman (who doesn't happen to be his sister), but he'd have to settle down. All in all, it's sort of a peaceful ending for both of them, but hardly a fairy-tale one. Lannister-Stark coalition with Sansa becoming a powerful woman in Westeros (Jamie's just not ambitious enough).

I'd love to see Cersei's reaction. XD I can't see this happening if Tyrion lives though. But if he doesn't... She's got her mom's blood doesn't she? History could repeat itself. XD Kind of poetic.

Sansa is done with Lannister marriages.

I really love Jaimie, but even though Sansa could befriend with him, I think a wedding is out of question. Lannisters and Starks won’t marry willingly in this generation.

I agree with Fearsome Fred, I don't think Sansa gave up her dream of marrying a knight, she's disappointed, but she's still looking for the "noble qualities" in men (like with the Hound). As much as I love Tyrion, I don't think she'll learn to love him. Jamie is a knight and a good-looking one. I don't see him as being abusive. He's not perfect, but he does have some of the things Sansa wanted. And being a member of one of the big houses, he'd make a "proper husband" for a Stark, I suppose. Jamie is trouble, on the other hand, maybe a political marriage ends up saving him (poetic, since he didn't want to marry).

Archived