Euron Theory

Flying

There's a line somewhere in AFFC, where Euron says that 'when he was a boy, he dreamt he could fly'. This is very similar to Bran's flying dream. In addition, he has the blood of the First Men, meaning he could be a warg/ greenseer, and he is called the 'Crow's Eye'- a possible reference to the 3EC?

This all points to him being a warg/ greenseer. We also know that he has sailed far and wide and been exposed to many different cultures. He would have surely heard of the whole, "R'hllor vs The Great Other' and Azhor Ahai thing. He has also probably heard tales of the Others as a kid. It's not inconceivable that he knows about the incoming Other invasion.

In that case, could that be a reason for his plan to Dany to Westeros? To bring the Fire to combat the Ice?

Clarification: this is NOT Leather Pantsing. I know Euron is a bastard- I just don't think he's suicidal.

ummmmmmmmmm.

Warg?? maybe. Greenseer? not possible unless he is taught, and I think he would have a little more foresight into what's going on. Does he know about the Others? I think he does to some extent as he states clearly that Westeros is dying. bringing Dany and the dragons to fight them?? I think he is has WAY more selfish reasons than that......plus he's been drinking the warlock juice....

How is it remotely selfless? If there is an Other apocalypse, Euron dies too.

Also, it's probably not the only reason. I believe his plans for world conquest are 100% genuine

What does the warlock juice have to do with it?

To Flying Fox- I meant, possible reference to contact with the 3EC.

What I like about Euron is he seems more aware of what's really going on than anyone else in Westeros, save perhaps Stannis, Melisandre, Jon and Sam. He's clearly using this knowledge to his advantage and towards his own goals. He also doesn't share the shortsighted beliefs of the typical ironborn, which is something admirable.

Still, I hope Asha ends up ruling the Iron Islands.

How is it remotely selfless? If there is an Other apocalypse, Euron dies too.

Also, it's probably not the only reason. I believe his plans for world conquest are 100% genuine

What does the warlock juice have to do with it?

To Flying Fox- I meant, possible reference to contact with the 3EC.

for one, I said SELFISH. and I DO believe his plans for world conquest are 100% genuine as well, which is why he is worried about getting Dany and her dragons, not because he wishes to save the realm from the Others. As far as he is concerned, as long as he lives that will be enough.

And the warlock juice would most obviously cloud his judgement pretty badly, so some of the things he might be doing are not in the most clear of mindsets.

Sorry: I thought you meant that 'taking action to avert an apocalypse is too selfless an action for Euron'. To which I explained why it is not selfless.

I think that Euron wants not only to live, but to have enough people to rule over. He seems quite fond of the idea of power.

Is there any indication that the warlock juice does that? I though it simply gave the drinker magical powers?

Good job taking a crack at Euron, I wish there were more Euron threads.

I don't think he is a warg or a greenseer, but he's definitely more interested in the "higher mysteries" than your average warlord, king or general. I think his talk of flying was more the Shade of the Evening crazy-juice talking than anything else. I mean, every kid has a dream they can fly. When you're an adult you just don't talk about it until you get a good buzz going.

I think that Euron warging the Dusky Woman is about the funniest Euron related thepry I've heard... and honestly when I clicked on this thread I was hoping it would be a major portion of the discourse.

Euron does seem to have a whole crown thing going on. There's that prophecy where I think he is portrayed as a drowned crow covered in seaweed. Plus I always thought AFFC was named after him. Whether or not he know's about the others, or is aligned with BR, I'm a little bit more skeptical on. Euron is one of the more psychotic characters in the story, and if he somehow inadvertently helps in the fight against the others, I don't think he would be aware of it. Not to say BR may not be manipulating him in some way, but beyond that I don't think he is knowingly preparing for the battle against the others. His wanting of the dragons is just his lust for power.

It's possible that Euron is involved in more than one type of magic- but does he know they are different types or not? And how exactly do the types of magic (besides ice and fire) fit into the grand scheme of things?

I wouldn't blow anyone off as insane ('cept Aerys) in a series of magical dead people and dragons. (BTW, has Euron actually hallucinated?$

I'm 99% convinced that the flying dream has something to do with magic. There has been only one character in the series who has had such a dream- Bran, warg and greenseer extraordinaire.

Euron warging the Dusky Woman would explain quite a bit, but is warging possible from halfway across the world?

It's possible that Euron is involved in more than one type of magic- but does he know they are different types or not? And how exactly do the types of magic (besides ice and fire) fit into the grand scheme of things?

I wouldn't blow anyone off as insane ('cept Aerys) in a series of magical dead people and dragons. (BTW, has Euron actually hallucinated?$

I'm 99% convinced that the flying dream has something to do with magic. There has been only one character in the series who has had such a dream- Bran, warg and greenseer extraordinaire.

Euron warging the Dusky Woman would explain quite a bit, but is warging possible from halfway across the world?

It seems possible for Arya and her lost wolf, and Bran looking into the roots of trees to contact his brother Jon in ACOK and Theon in ADWD.

Euron is one of the characters who interests me most, partially because we got to see so little of him.

The "What if I can fly" dream issue is one of the most interesting of all. Can Euron see more than the average man? Possibly. There is however one caveat which really puts a stopper on his Greenseer/Warg potential. AFAIK, I think it's been hinted at pretty strongly that only those who are primarily of First Men blood (or at least half) can become Wargs/Greenseers (the Starks, Jojen etc, even Bloodraven's mother was a Blackwood, who keep the Old Gods).

As such, I fail to see how Euron can be at least have any kind of strong First Men lineage. Didn't the populace of the Iron Islands intermingle with the Andals when they conquered to the extent that Ironborn are essentially considered Andals nowadays?

As such, I fail to see how Euron can be at least have any kind of strong First Men lineage. Didn't the populace of the Iron Islands intermingle with the Andals when they conquered to the extent that Ironborn are essentially considered Andals nowadays?

The Greyjoys line strethces back to the first men. Tully's are andals, yet that doesn't stop all the Stark children from being wargs. Also, Jon is half Targ and is a warg.

The Greyjoys line strethces back to the first men. Tully's are andals, yet that doesn't stop all the Stark children from being wargs. Also, Jon is half Targ and is a warg.

Yeah but they're at least all half of First men blood. The Northmen seemed to have mainly married between one another. Yet I thought there was something of a population dispersal of Andals onto the Iron Islands, creating a far more mixed bloodline Are the Greyjoys still First Men? (a genuine question. Was the Grey King of the First Men? If so, then we assume they trace at least some of their lineage to First Men blood).

Isnt he called crows eye because the eye he keeps under the patch is all black like a crows eye? The way Asha and Victorian often think "not his other eye" made me think that he actually has 2 and Im pretty sure someone, Theon maybe, says he has a black eye. Thats what I made out of it anyway.

Yeah, the Wiki says Theon says he has a black eye under the patch, so im assuming they only call him crows eye cause his 1 eye is black like a crows. Nothing to do with 3EC.

Archived