Euron Theory

Flying

No, its never said but it makes sense. Im not sure if the eye works properly or not but there actually is a black eye under his patch, it is confirmed by Theon.

Sooo, Euron has an all black eye + crows eyes are all black = Crow's Eye for a nickname. My thoughts anyway, and Im sure he didnt give it to himself. So unless Bloodraven warged someone and made them call Euron Crow's Eye until the nickname stuck, I dont think it has anything to do with the 3EC.

It could be possible- but making up a whole nickname because he has different colored eyes? One of which is permanently covered? Seems kind of odd.

Why would the black eye be damaged somehow?

don't see how that seems odd...people have been given nicknames for far less. And he doesn't even really like being called Crows Eye. I can't help but to think of Tyrion having one black eye as well

(Exuse me, where is it said he doesn't like the name? He bragged about it during the Kingsmoot.) The point still remains though; why would he cover up a perfectly fine eye?

(I'm getting the idea that it's fine because of Theon's quote. Shining= focused= able to see)

The eye he shows to the world, his blue eye is often called his laughing eye. The other eye, the one he keeps hidden is black and full of malice. It sounds sort of sinister in any event. Is it just a psychological thing that he plays up to intimidate or does it indicate some thing more, I don't know, like hidden powers? It seems like if it was unnerving for him to show it he would, why hide it? If he can see out of the eye why is he fucking up his vision and putting himself at a disadvantage in battle? Or is the eye patch a glamor perhaps? Was he born wearing one? How does Theon know whats under the patch?

Maybe Euron has captured Pyat Pree and the other Warlocks who escaped the HotU and they are manipulating him to get to Dani and her dragons? Could explain the Shade of the Evening and his strange dreams/visions? And the fact that he knows where she is exactly? First post btw!!!

The eye he shows to the world, his blue eye is often called his laughing eye. The other eye, the one he keeps hidden is black and full of malice. It sounds sort of sinister in any event. Is it just a psychological thing that he plays up to intimidate or does it indicate some thing more, I don't know, like hidden powers? It seems like if it was unnerving for him to show it he would, why hide it? If he can see out of the eye why is he fucking up his vision and putting himself at a disadvantage in battle? Or is the eye patch a glamor perhaps? Was he born wearing one? How does Theon know whats under the patch?

Like Tyrion showing his evil eye to intimidate people.

Maybe Euron has captured Pyat Pree and the other Warlocks who escaped the HotU and they are manipulating him to get to Dani and her dragons? Could explain the Shade of the Evening and his strange dreams/visions? And the fact that he knows where she is exactly? First post btw!!!

And Poor Pyat Pree was the one that was eaten by his cohorts.

More than likely he was born with one all black eye and was given the nickname growing up, kinda how Gregor is called The Mountain, cause hes huge. And Theon knows about it cause its his uncle.

I cant say why he wears the patch for sure or if it works or not. Maybe he didnt like it so he put on a patch to cover it and is just used to it now so it doesnt affect his fighting. Either way it makes perfect sense and I havent seen a better answer...

1. By the time Euron was old enough to decide he didn't like his black eye, he would have been quite used to having it open, and it would have probably impaired his coordinations. Moreover, I've never seen any evidence of him being particularly vain in regards to his appearance.

2. Why a crow though? There are plenty of animals with black eyes; Deers, bears, jays, etc.,

3. The Mountain has his nickname because size is pretty jaw dropping, and because of his ferocity. There is nothing particularly OMG!!! about mismatched eyes, especially since the Ironborn are not particularly appearance conscious.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I feel like Euron's motives may actually be good. He came back to the Iron Islands to muster up an army. He won that army by playing to the wants of the Ironborn, though I have a hunch he'll use them for a more noble cause.

juding euron by his actions: he makes ramsay look like a choirboy

my thoughts and theories about Euron:

he's a warg and a potenial greenseer but was dropped by BR due to having deficits in Character and morals

HE is the reason the others started their rampage

juding euron by his actions: he makes ramsay look like a choirboy

my thoughts and theories about Euron:

he's a warg and a potenial greenseer but was dropped by BR due to having deficits in Character and morals

HE is the reason the others started their rampage

Euron being a greenseer/warg would explain his ability to 'visit' Valyria.

There are far too many similarities between Euron and Bloodraven:

- The weirwood paste Bran eats and the nightshade Dany drinks are described very similarly in taste

- The crow part (obviously)

- Benerro, the High Priest, says the dark eye (singular) on Dany

- Moqorro describes apparently Euron as having one dark eye or something like that

- The flying part (obviously)

• 8 months later...

Anyone saying he's called Crow's Eye because he has a black eye is just in denial.

Who just decides, "I don't think I want depth perception anymore! Especially since I plan on living a life of sailing and fighting hand-to-hand!"

He's hiding something. And the fact that one of his few lines is that he once dreamed of flying is a pretty strong link to Bran and his dreams. Add this to the fact that BloodRaven keeps telling Bran he's finally there. A little late, but there. This lends credence to the idea that he's tried before with other young men...with Patch-Face, or perhaps with Euron? I like it!

They both have the correct blood (if you believe the Patchface parentage theory)

There are far too many similarities between Euron and Bloodraven:

Bloodraven is a near god working for the good guys side. He must have an adversary. And this adversary is Euron.

With BR, Euron is the one having the greatest knowledge of past and future. The Shadwobinders, the evils of Ashai, Valyria and Sothoryos are all in his services. I believe he is the potential new Bloodstone Emperor from the WoIaF book, and Daenerys will either die or be enslaved, or join his side.

I saw a theory about Euron being a sort of Bloodraven experiment gone wrong. Like, maybe Bran wasn't Bloodraven's first option for whatever purpose. He could've contacted Euron when he was a kid, via that weird dream about him flying, which is quite similar to Bran's dream in aGoT. But for whatever reason, Euron didn't make the cut. Maybe he wasn't that strong of a skinchanger, but Bloodraven still left something in him, some sort of curiosity...

Archived