Who will fight robert strong.

KingWolf

Osney and Lancel are her accusers, or at least that what it says in the book index of ADWD. I've always thought it would be Ser Osney Kettleblack who would have to face him.

I thought that he was to be executed without trial for the murder of the septon? Still I doubt that he is in a physical state to have a trial by combat.

Lancel may happen but that would not be a good choice for the prosecution. He is too valuable as an inside source on what Cersei has really done, plus he is not in good enough shape to fight unGregor. Whoever fights has little hope of success. Sandor may fight RS at some point, however he would be hard pressed to be ready before the trial begins.

Theodan seems to be good at fighting, though sending him would likely be to waste his uses to the sparrow movement as a militia commander, though the High Septon might not realize how powerful RS actually is. Some new, previously unmentioned sparrow knights may be brought in.

you guys do realize that once the High Sparrow finds out what Robert Strong is the Lannisters are finished in Kings Landing, ha ha ha

This is indeed the case. If RS is exposed, he will be seen to be an undead abomination, thus convincing the sparrows and most of the realm that Cersei is totally guilty, even if the trial went in her favor previously. They would believe that she resorted, probably with the assistance of collaborators, to vile necromancy to cheat, and defied the will of all celestial and temporal powers, breaking all types of natural law.

The High Septon and his allies would demand that the realm fight against the Lannister usurpers.

I thought that he was to be executed without trial for the murder of the septon? Still I doubt that he is in a physical state to have a trial by combat.

I'm not sure about this. Yes he will be executed yet it is his testimony or confession that caused the HS to arrest her. He has had acsess to Lancel for some time. It could be that if he wins the combat the HS would let Osney take the black. Osney has probaly had sufficent time to recover from his ordeal. The Faith is not accusing Cersei of anything, rather they are trying to sort out the truth of the crimes Lancel and Osney have accused her of. Its up to one of these two guys to come up with a champion or fight themselves. I guess they could appeal to the Faith to provide one but that kind of flies in the face of the Faith being a partial arbiter.

Lancel couldn't beat Boros Blount or Ser Meryn much less this Strong fellow. Osney is at least strong and large and possibly motivated if they will let him take the black. I think Ser Lancel being a Lannister and whatnot makes him to valuable to throw away like this but he does not seem long for this world in any event. Cersei has all ready warned him to keep his mouth shut, if she does not back that up she will look weak.

Cersei was locked up for a while, its been at least 2 months since we saw Osney, hes probaly healed up a little by now.

I can imagine the Robert Strong scene just dissolving in farce. I like the idea of it running amok into the crowd, killing a few dozen of the Faith Militant, hopefully including that idiot Lancel.

I really don't see how Sandor can be the one fighting him at the trial. GRRM doesn't transport his characters around by beaming, he made it painfully clear that going a long distance takes a long while. So how does he even know that it is his brother before the trial is done? Furthermore, it would be quite anticlimatic for his whole "the hound is dead" arc if he now just hops up to fight again. He might be the one to end unGregor in the end, but not at the trial.

I agree that we will see zombie Strong fight against a minor character, and Lancel right now might fill that role well. If he chooses to fight, or is asked by the Septon, there is nothing the other Lannisters can do about it. It's not that Cersei has a say in who will fight on the other side. But it could be anyone, some guy we haven't met yet. I feel the point of the trial is not to end unGregor, it is to expose him and make the whole situation even more f-d up. After all, he is a magical creature now, and we know all about magic, swords and hilts....

The High Septon and his allies would demand that the realm fight against the Lannister usurpers.

That can only happen after the HS gets word of Aegon (Stannis and Euron are heathens). Also, remember that the decree rehabilitating the two HS controlled military orders was signed by Tommen. So if Tommen happens to be a bastard abomination the decree will be deemed not valid until Aegon issues another one.

I can imagine the Robert Strong scene just dissolving in farce. I like the idea of it running amok into the crowd, killing a few dozen of the Faith Militant, hopefully including that idiot Lancel.

I kind of like that idea.The fight suddenly getting out of controle and Ungregor escaping into the country where he starts terroizing the smallfolk.It's not like many people could stop him anyway unless there were a large group of soliders.

I'm interested to see wht happens when Qyburn is killed by Someone in KL(varys birds perhaps) and Robert is left to his own devices...

The trial will be said and done far before Sandor gets wind of it, but there has to be something truly shocking happen for it to reach him at the QI.

realistically Sandor has to know what Ungregor IS, that information can only be provided by a few people who would either arrest him on sight or try to kill him ASAP.

There had to be a holy cluster fuck for RS true ID to find Sandor...could the HS make the QI defend the faith?

So far as we know, UnGregor is Cersei's creature, who's sole purpose is the destruction of her enemies. I don't see him roaming the country side like a silver age movie monster. As far as the countryside is concerned, I do however see the possibility for an UnGregor house-call to the Stokeworth estate...

That can only happen after the HS gets word of Aegon (Stannis and Euron are heathens). Also, remember that the decree rehabilitating the two HS controlled military orders was signed by Tommen. So if Tommen happens to be a bastard abomination the decree will be deemed not valid until Aegon issues another one.

If it happens, it is fairly likely to happen after the Aegon revelation at Storm's End, thus further cementing the High Septon's chances of alliance with Aegon. However, the HS is willing to take risks despite lacking a viable alternative to Tommen; the whole trial plan was initiated before Aegon landed in Westeros. His plan might be to use some religious test to find a new candidate for the kingship, or perhaps he was planning to find some suitable puppet as a substitute should a guilty verdict be rendered.

The sparrows consider the charges of regicide, royal incest, the murder of the previous High Septon, and treason so vital that they are willing to execute Cersei if a conviction occurs. The sparrows seem to believe that, if Tommen is an illegitimate usurper, it is worth a massive cost to bring down his false dynasty. The discovery of a champion created through necromancy would be viewed as so exceedingly blasphmeous as to necessitate action.

The current High Septon is very unlikely to allow anyone to act upon the argument that Tommen's removal means the decree annulling Maegor's law. Anyone desiring the end of these militias will have to suppress them through physical force, like Maegor attempted. Aegon/Varys might conclude that these military orders would too valuable of allies to reject and thus, if necessary, reissue the decree or tolerate their continuance, no matter what happened to Tommen.

Archived