Three treasons you will know.......

Greyscale

My theory is in-line with Dany committing the 3 treasons as well, though slightly different.

Dany is a conqueror at heart, she never had a good claim to the throne. (Viserys was alive when the story began, and possibly 2 of Rheagar's children still live.) She is likely not an heir.

If she wants to CONQUER Westeros, she will need to commit three "treasons" against three monarchs / heirs. They are:

Lannisters (slash Baratheon via Tommen) - King by GOLD as gold is the Lannister power / claim to the throne

Aegon - King by BLOOD as Targ heir

Lyanna/ Jon - dubbed by Rhaegar "Queen of LOVE and Beauty" & Jon being the child of love (NOT BECAUSE SHE WILL LOVE JON)

In her conquest she will commit treason against all three, though it remains to be see if her conquest will be successful.

I also think it's Dany who commits the treasons, and I think two have happened - the one for blood and the one for gold.

More specifically, I think Dany roasting Mirri when Mirri had delivered what Dany had asked for (and even warned of the side-effects). She's betraying MMD here, who did serve her until that time even though she had no reason to love Dany.

Dany killing the slavers of Astapor would be the second treason - she did betray them because she couldn't pay for the Unsullied.

Both of these were quite visible and important cases, so I expect the treason for love to be similarly important - although I don't know who Dany will betray for love yet.

I also think it's Dany who commits the treasons, and I think two have happened - the one for blood and the one for gold.

More specifically, I think Dany roasting Mirri when Mirri had delivered what Dany had asked for (and even warned of the side-effects). She's betraying MMD here, who did serve her until that time even though she had no reason to love Dany.

Dany killing the slavers of Astapor would be the second treason - she did betray them because she couldn't pay for the Unsullied.

Both of these were quite visible and important cases, so I expect the treason for love to be similarly important - although I don't know who Dany will betray for love yet.

I agree very much with your view of the Mirri incident. I have always wandered how it is even possible to think thad Mirri betrayed her.

Oh, I just had a flash why the Undying showed Daenerys a vision the Red Wedding:

Hey, sweetling, when we speak of treason, we have in mind something like this.

I really like this idea, though probably because I became really discouraged with Dany in ADWD. If the 3 treasons she will know are really her own, inverting her view of herself as the victim that has led to her constantly looking for these treasons, that would be interesting and unexpected.

I also never felt that MMD "betrayed" her. MMD was a slave and captive who had been brutalized by Dany's "people" and seen her own people killed and further brutalized. Yes, Dany helped her, which was great, but MMD doesn't owe Dany loyalty and devotion for preventing further rape and abuse. Don't see how it can be a true treason, which to me implies some duty not to betray someone to begin with. So, MMD is kind of Django, lol. Plus, MMD warned Dany about the consequences. Doesn't scream betrayal to me just because Dany didn't want to really internalize what MMD was saying.

I don't know where Dany's story is going. I really liked her early on, but damn...she is just an awful leader, rash and emotional and all the stereotypical female ruler crap. I really, really did not care for her in ADWD. I can't figure out if that was GRRM being deliberate or not though!

I still think she dies/small voice.

Greyscale, I think it's a way of speaking of the author,to try of break the head of the readers with multiple theories and then roll the dice with more freedom, the possibilities are almost endless and not only for herself, but for all the other princesses / queens.

My theory is in-line with Dany committing the 3 treasons as well, though slightly different.

Dany is a conqueror at heart, she never had a good claim to the throne. (Viserys was alive when the story began, and possibly 2 of Rheagar's children still live.) She is likely not an heir.

If she wants to CONQUER Westeros, she will need to commit three "treasons" against three monarchs / heirs. They are:

Lannisters (slash Baratheon via Tommen) - King by GOLD as gold is the Lannister power / claim to the throne

Aegon - King by BLOOD as Targ heir

Lyanna/ Jon - dubbed by Rhaegar "Queen of LOVE and Beauty" & Jon being the child of love (NOT BECAUSE SHE WILL LOVE JON)

In her conquest she will commit treason against all three, though it remains to be see if her conquest will be successful.

I like this idea.

i dont think MMDis one of the treasons...i think she relates more to the fires

"three fires you will light..one for life one for death and one for love"...in relation to my above i think that this prophery ties together the AA prohercy....

-MMD is the fire for life (the dragons)..

- fire for death(who knows but i think it will be via the use of her on her dragon raining fire in vengence)

-fire for LOVE...could be as i mentioned above this may be the case of her plunging her sword into jon/ghost to make lightbringer...or MAYBE she plunges it into HERSELF as a sacrifice thus lighting LIGHTBRINGER for jon to weild.

• 4 months later...

I used to think the three treasons were one Dany committed instead of falling victim too as well - just because your immediate assumption would be "she's being betrayed", and immediate assumptions don't go together well with ASOIAF... ;) It'd just be way funnier to have everyone think she's the victim and then it turns out she's the one who betrays.

Lately, however, I found myself asking: "and who told her about the three treasons?" IIRC that was in the House of the Undying, the voices of said Undying, aye? Now, what benefit would they have gotten from actually giving Dany a fair warning? I think none. They wanted to keep her there, use her as some kind of magic "battery", suck her life from her - why do her a favour and warn her of something dangerous yet to come?

The visions she saw there, hm, maybe there was some "magic in the air"... but the warning? Something completely different, I think. My theory is that if that "prophecy" was indeed voiced by the Undying, it most likely was intended to feed Dany's paranoia, implant doubts, make her distrust everyone around her and thus vulnerable.

And it seems to work to exactly that intent. She's so busy asking herself "who'll be the next traitor?" "who's betraying me for gold now, and who for love?" and "oh, so he's betrayed me! if only I knew which one of the traitors he is!" that she cannot anymore gather any clear thought or even ask a simple question like "Why the seven hells did you do it?"

I also do not share the assumption Jorah counts as traitor, quite the contrary, I think his loyalty is unquestionable (well, at least, if he's not come to hate her by now, and hasn't come back to take revenge but really still wants to be on her side, that is - anyway:) at least up until the moment she tells him to hit the road. He's reported on her for a promise of being able to return home (if anything, that sounds more like love to me than gold or blood, and even that sounds rather abstract). Then he's switched sides, saved her life, realized the insider knowledge he got from being a spy helped save Dany's life. We have no idea what he wrote in that report from Qarth - if he's more stupid than I think it woud've been "I stop." If he's quite clever, he'd fed them some useless information about Dany still being around and having three dragons - stuff that sooner or later would've been scuttlebutt anyway. Stay in the game, stay an insider, use the knowledge you get to your own purpose when you most need it). That's the one thing bothering me, Dany never asking "why?". Even a fourteen year old should now that question. ;)

Archived