[SPOILERS] (Though he hasn't, yet) does Jaime Lannister deserve to die?

Fetch me a block

It may be that in The Winds of Winter Ser Jaime Lannister will die.

Lannister used to be arrogant, rude, brazen etc. He has a turnaround in ASOS and AFFC, but it looks like he may die.

Part of me doesn't want Lannister to die. After all, he does become somewhat honourable, thoughtful and reasonable, and he breaks his bonds with his harpy sister. I'm even tempted to think of him as likeable. However, think of all the characters that we didn't want to die that did. While many of them died for the greater good of the story, I think it is only fair that he dies. He is still a bad person with no moral compass, one of the worst in the book. I want a complete destruction of House Lannister, bar Tyrion.

It may be that in The Winds of Winter Ser Jaime Lannister will die.

Lannister used to be arrogant, rude, brazen etc. He has a turnaround in ASOS and AFFC, but it looks like he may die.

Part of me doesn't want Lannister to die. After all, he does become somewhat honourable, thoughtful and reasonable, and he breaks his bonds with his harpy sister. However, think of all the characters that we didn't want to die that did. While many of them died for the greater good of the story. I think it is only fair that he dies. I want a complete destruction of House Lannister, bar Tyrion.

So what spoilers are you referring to? And no, he doesn't deserve to die.

This worthless piece of shit deserves to die a billion times over and than some. Everything Jamie Lannister has done has lead to what is known as The War of the Five Kings. And he feels no remorse to what he helped cause. He's caused a war and still haven't looked around hisself and thought "what have I/we done" he feels no remorse or sympathy for what him and his have done to children, woman, and men. He deserved death since he tried to kill Bran and he still can never defend that.

I don't support capital punishment, so I'd say life imprisonment for the murders of Jory and the other two Stark retainers and for crippling Bran would be fair.

Eh? Its not a matter of what you support. I don't support capital punishment in real life, but I would happily see Lannister dead within the book, even if he has changed. He crippled Bran and is responsible for Joffrey and Tommen. Considering Ned, Robb, Catelyn (sort of) have died among others, its about time the Lannisters suffered some serious losses of family members

This worthless piece of shit deserves to die a billion times over and than some. Everything Jamie Lannister has done has lead to what is known as The War of the Five Kings. And he feels no remorse to what he helped cause. He's caused a war and still haven't looked around hisself and thought "what have I/we done" he feels no remorse or sympathy for what him and his have done to children, woman, and men. He deserved death since he tried to kill Bran and he still can never defend that.

Thats no way to talk about the OP.

How can Jaime not deserve to die? He tried to kill the son of a Lord in his own castle? Blah, blah, blah, love for Cersei, so what? He tried to murder, and succeded in cripling a child. If that isn't deserving of death then surely having sex on your incestuously born sons funeral with his mother sure as hell means something!

There is nothing Jamie has done, nor anything he can do to get himself out of the "Deserves to die" column. I personally don't want him to die, but his list of crimes is far too long for any redemtption arc to earn him anything other than a swift death rather than the slow, painful one he has earned.

No character deserves to be immortal.

But I may stop reading the series if in the first chapter of WoW he's lying dead in some cave, while Brienne drowns in a pool of weeping.

How can Jaime not deserve to die? He tried to kill the son of a Lord in his own castle? Blah, blah, blah, love for Cersei, so what? He tried to murder, and succeded in cripling a child. If that isn't deserving of death then surely having sex on your incestuously born sons funeral with his mother sure as hell means something!

Nobody deserves to die for having consensual sex - that's ridiculous. Plus, come on, he'd just been through hell and back to get to her.

Jaime loses the hand that pushes bran and becomes a cripple himself.

He gets away from his father and crazy sister.

Why does he deserve to die?

Would you rather not be able to walk or not be able to use a hand? I hope the Blackfish puts an axe through his skull. Or maybe Brienne, prove herself useful for something

Archived