Once Upon a Time (Its very own 2nd thread)

Howdyphillip

We are over 400 posts in the first thread, and we are coming towards the finale and hopefully some off season discussion. This show has remained one of my favorite's on TV. As I have mentioned before, it is almost like having a bedtime story read to you on a Sunday night that you can appreciate as an adult.

I don't have much time to read all the posts on the previous OUAT thread so I'll just jump right in....

The campy-ness of OUAT and Revenge on the same night is just awesome. There are definitely annoying OUAT storylines but I can't stop watching this show for some reason.

Let me chime in that Henry is one hell of a brat, even to Emma.

Melonica,

Henry is idealistic and somewhat naive but I don't see how that translates to bratty? If you are refering to the way he interacts with Regina then please consider the fact that she is killing and imprisoning people and Henry seems to be able to perceive her schemeing on some intrinisic level.

Regina get very little sympathy from me.

Ser Scot,

I don't think that's intentional on Henry's side, although from what I can see, there is a tendency for Henry to push other people to do what he wants for better or for worse. That's what I consider quite bratty, and he does it to everyone all the time (at least his characterization is consistent), to the point of endangering himself. Naivety may be the better word, I concede.

The Regina-Henry dynamic is much more complicated than brat-kid-hates-adoptive-mom, so I wouldn't get into that.

Melonica,

Been around many 10-11 year old children recently? They are very certain of the rightness of their actions and have a difficult time seeing the grey in anything. Their world is very "black and white" and everything is "right or wrong". It's interesting to see the moral certainty I remember feeling at that age come out in my daughter who is reaching that age.

I didn't like the second season much after Cora came to storybrook. But I liked the last episode very much. Poor Cora (in the past), but I think it's her own fault that she died years later, she ripped here own heart out.

But even if I find it sad, I think she deserves to die, but still I found it sad.

I think that Cora is somewhat like the Samuel (Man in Black). In younger years he was the good one, because something happened. But still years later he is evil, so he needed to die.

I very much enjoyed the last episode, I loved how manipulative Snow was, and there was a wonderful bit of poetic justice that Snow tricked Regina into killing her own mother.

I will miss Cora though. Cora was a just so good at being bad. I found her a more interesting villain then Regina. With Regina I always had a hard time understanding why the towns people didn't at the very least lock her up. Sure she was trying to change, but she was guilty of about 1,000 murders, not to mention the mass kidnapping, and general horribleness. That she was aloud to keep her freedom to me always seemed ridiculous.

But Cora was completely at ease with her villain ways, and the protagonists where always at ease with viewing her as a villain. It's nice to have a good old fashion villain in a fairy tale. I will miss Cora, part of me hopes she has a way of coming back, because she added a nice flavor to the mix.

Now if the decide to kill off Hook, I'd be A-OK with that. He has to be the most one dimensional character on the show.

This is was far best episode this season. Regina's face when she saw her mother sincere smile was heartbreaking. Good job Lana :) And great job Rumple.Hid phone call to Belle was beautiful. I do hope these two find each other. Snow and Charming are still boring as hell. Emma is pushed to the sine a bit in these past events. We were left with a lot plot lines that should keep the things interesting.Bae not knowing Rumple killed his mother,Hook's demise (I'm positive it must come eventually),Rgina's new found thirst for revenge,again though but oh well...she apparently can't have no other storyline,people finding out about SB,that guy in hospital is still a mystery,Belle's memory loss...And where will they go from now? Can't wait to see...

Belle is definitely one of my favorite characters. Whenever she's not locked up or with amnesia, she just an overall great girl. I mean she loves a relatively terrible person and she knows it, but she's not really blind to it. She'd rather be alone than condone the bad things Rumple does but you know she still loves him and believes in his capacity to change the most. That's some girl.

I just caught up with the last 3 episodes. Out of them I enjoyed the Rumple one where he finally meets up with Bael the best followed by the latest one. I'm certain that it's all ready been postulated in the other thread, I mean it's completely obvious, but I believe Bael is Peter Pan too.

So yeah, you have a kid who's the grandson of Snow White and Prince Charming, and Rumplestilskin and the son of Peter Pan, and raised by the evil queen...yeah that kid is going to have some attitude issues.

Even though Corra said that she wouldn't be having Rumple's child, they seemed to imply that that there was some Baum-chicka-wow-wow that took place between the two. If Corra had just disguised the fact that Regina was really his kid, that would make Mr. Gold Henry's grandfather, and his uncle I believe.

Well, that explains the guy's obsession with Storybrooke. I wonder what happened to his father.

Oh, this is why I love Regina - when you're there feeling bad for her, she just goes and tries to kidnap a kid. Amazing. But having to live in a loop, where she's the only one aware of how everything is repeating itself, no wonder she's slightly mad. I still can't believe that Rumple didn't know who he was, but on the other hand he did say he was cursed and that was why he couldn't leave town without that spell. So, I suppose he only remembered who he was in the first season because Emma's arrival weakened the curse?

This episode, more than any other, felt so much like LOST that I wanted to cry.

Now, if Snow White is just going whining and sobbing all the time I'd rather they get rid of Dark!Snow, so annoying. I can't see how they can keep this show going past the third season, the way things are getting sorted out at a relatively fast pace.

Okay, I missed the second half of tonight's episode. The boy "Owen" is the guy who failed kill Hook with his car, right? What else happened?

Aye. Henry convinced Regina to destroy the curse she meant to cast on him, and Snow went to her asking to be killed, but Regina took her heart, saw how it was getting black, decided Snow would alone destroy her family and give her Henry and simply put the heart back inside her. And the Owen/Greg guy filmed it all.

Edited because only when I woke up this morning did I remember this should be spoiler-tagged :bang:

LO,

Thank you. Finally saw the rest of the episode.

Regina is so fundemtally broken that she has I suspect

held that boy's father in the "mental ward" of the hospital for twenty-eight years and hasn't thought to release him.

Regina needs to die. If she does not die she will continue ro hurt people. Then again perhaps Morality operates in a different fashion in FTL. A dichotimous manner rather than a scale with grey in the center? Hence, Snow's heart. However, forgiveness has to play a part in that morality. That's, I think, the primary theme of this season where faith/belief was of the first season. Genuine forgiveness. To heal the heart not only does the person wronged have to forgive but person who commited the wrong needs to forgive themself as well.

This episode was creeptastic as far as Regina's story goes. Imagine stumbling into a weird little town and never being able to leave. I'm sure I saw a movie like that a suspense/horror. I really wanted to know what she did with the father. Obviously that situation lead her to adopting Henry.

Was I the only one who got really excited on the prospect of Henry leaving SB for a while...?

Not bad episode but not that good either.Again Regina and Gold were best parts,Snow and Charming worst...

I don't get how she adopted Henry? Was she able to leave SB?

Archived