Heresy 47

Black Crow

Some thought i had before in H46, but wasn't able to post it then.

Interesting thing with worshiping the moon. Especially if you consider, that according to legend, dragons hatched from a second moon.

Moreover - it’s a longshot, but who knows: in myths, history etc., wolfs are associated with moon. It is curious that we have direwolfs in west and dragons in the east, each one mysterious, powerful creatures, both connected somehow by the moon.

Some thought i had before in H46, but wasn't able to post it then.

Interesting thing with worshiping the moon. Especially if you consider, that according to legend, dragons hatched from a second moon.

Moreover - it’s a longshot, but who knows: in myths, history etc., wolfs are associated with moon. It is curious that we have direwolfs in west and dragons in the east, each one mysterious, powerful creatures, both connected somehow by the moon.

Nice catch! Two faces of the coin kind of simile...or should I say two faces of the Moon...

Still on the subject of (our) Bran, when he meets the Children he learns that they speak the True Tongue which humans can't do, and that in that tongue they call themselves the singers of the song of earth. The World Book essentially confirms this by saying that their speech imitates the sounds of water on rocks etc. In other words the True tongue is the song of earth.

So turn to Craster's boys and their speech like the cracking of ice and they could quite literally be said to sing the song of Ice...

Still on the subject of (our) Bran, when he meets the Children he learns that they speak the True Tongue which humans can't do, and that in that tongue they call themselves the singers of the song of earth. The World Book essentially confirms this by saying that their speech imitates the sounds of water on rocks etc. In other words the True tongue is the song of earth.

So turn to Craster's boys and their speech like the cracking of ice and they could quite literally be said to sing the song of Ice...

I also remember that quote about the cracking of ice when was noted that the old tongue was speaked by the CotF and there was the sound of the wind in the leaves and the water on the rocks... They all speak old tong, but with different "accents" or the Ice song is not the same as the Earth song?

Upon first meeting Mag the Mighty, doesn't Jon think that his speech sounds like boulders coming down a mountain?

I wonder if the CoTF can speak the "Song of Ice", and communicate with the White Walkers and vice versa. If they can communicate it would imply the possibility of the two races coming to some accord during the Long Night and the Children just hunkering down and waiting out the winter.

And this study conducted by one who had "bothered" to earn a Valyrian steel link on his chain.

And yes, for shame!! Though now that you raise that point, it does raise again the question of the identity of that assassin, and whether the burning of the library was the simple act of diversion it would seem to be.

Which makes me wonder about the book Roose burned at Harrenhall. Was it an original or a copy of one of the rare books that burned with the Stark library? Paranoid me could guess that the burning of the library was the primary target and Bran just cover up, and Joffrey's order was used for a ride. That could fit with Jacqen going to the wall (via Winterfell?) first and then moving back to the Citadel after Harrenhall.

Maybe he is not gathering info on dragons but on direwolves and warging? Because one would assume the Faceless Men should have gotten all the intel on dragons in Essos long ago.

While I'm at it: Faceless Men are flayed men, kind of, right? Maybe Roose doesn't age because ... ?

I wonder if the CoTF can speak the "Song of Ice", and communicate with the White Walkers and vice versa. If they can communicate it would imply the possibility of the two races coming to some accord during the Long Night and the Children just hunkering down and waiting out the winter.

To go back to part of my post one heresy ago specifically to ADWD where Jon is dreaming he is Ghost again.This is Jon's first Chapter in Dance, Ghost here's the Moon( ICE) calling to him "SNOW" from his perception and Jon from his perception hears Mormont's crow saying the same thing. To me this is a clever way of superimposing the Moon and the Raven which in the path of the Morrigan goes together.Song of Ice

Going back to AGOT Bran 1 and the finding of Ghost, Jon says he hears something, Bran remarks that he heard the wind rustling in the trees etc( Song of Earth) .But Jon was listening to something else( Song of Ice). My interpretation.

It started as a throw away joke by Black Crow where he basically said, "And Sam's the new Last Hero." Some of us, included myself, didn't completely get that he was joking, so we started to actually look into it, and the parallels are quite interesting.

LH: Goes into the Dead Lands with a band of 13 and a dog; all of his companions included the dog die; while fighting the Dead his sword breaks; he is saved by the Children

Sam: Goes North to the Fist of the First Men; the Brothers are ambushed by Wights; by the time they leave Craster's, Sam no longer has any of his original group with him; he fights the former Small Paul, wherein his dragonglass dagger breaks; at the point when it looks like all hope is lost, he prays to the Old Gods and Coldhands, ostensibly an agent of the Children, arrives and takes him to safety.

Do you think that maybe CH was the last hero? Has this been discussed or proposed before? The children did say he died long ago.

Yeah, I personally like the idea of Coldhands being the Last Hero and have posted about it before, with the Children giving him their "kiss of life", which they don't use off hand, because their "wights" are like Coldhands, sentient.

I also remember that quote about the cracking of ice when was noted that the old tongue was speaked by the CotF and there was the sound of the wind in the leaves and the water on the rocks... They all speak old tong, but with different "accents" or the Ice song is not the same as the Earth song?

I think they may each have their own song. Remember the Reeds' oath: Earth and Water, Bronze and Iron, Ice and Fire.

The Children we now know literally sing the song of the Earth; of the stones and the streams and the leaves, and presumably their "brothers" the giants do the same.

Men sing the song of bronze and iron - we've been told of the singing of swords and steel in battle.

And Craster's boys, sing of the Ice.

Up to a point perhaps. They are each singing the song of their own element, but ultimately it may be the same song - or perhaps, given what we've seen of them being associated with all three, the Crows are the go-betweens who bind them all together, and who can understand the songs of Ice and Earth and Men

Does the sound of ice cracking resemble fire crackling? Or am I just taking it too far? :laugh:

For some reason I'm inclined to associate roaring rather than crackling with fire, but its possible.

Is part of the problem a failure to communicate, because neither the Red lot nor the Krakens will talk to the Crows?

For some reason I'm inclined to associate roaring rather than crackling with fire, but its possible.

Is part of the problem a failure to communicate, because neither the Red lot nor the Krakens will talk to the Crows?

... failure to communicate ... in which GnR song did I hear that line?

Yes, but because they don't talk to the ravens.

Archived